• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh I hear ya. I drove to Alden of DC today and I knew there was a 50/50 chance of buying yet another pair of shoes, but luckily I decided to give up and just go home after driving around for 15 minutes looking for parking.
I wonder how many sales are lost because people spend so much time looking for parking?

elTiburon

Reaction score
https://needsupply.com/mens/sale?brand=984

Figured you guys may find this useful.

Need supply has a good sale on several Alden's. Single strap monk, slip on chukka and the Stuart Chukka all available in good size runs.

I didn’t think I would, but I love that Morris chukka in the Sahara tan. It is calling to me.

166309B8-087D-4E19-B79E-C27ACA316E7A.jpeg

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I didn’t think I would, but I love that Morris chukka in the Sahara tan. It is calling to me.

View attachment 1042593
For some reason, I just don't get this shoe. It looks like a slipper and a shoe had a baby. Probably really comfortable, and the type of footwear that if one gets a pair, they wind up saying why didn't I do this earlier. I just have a hard time with the look. But that's just my thinking on it. If you like it, go for it.

elTiburon

Reaction score
Run those bitches

I love those. I would have gone with the suede but I already have the AE Acheson in Snuff and Loden. Plus, the BBxAlden tassels I just got in the CXL, to me, are just so damn awesome. I feel like they are indestructible. I think the maiden voyage will of them will be tomorrow. It will be a struggle not to wear them everyday.

elTiburon

Reaction score
Also, quick question... I know AE front to back, but am new to the Alden family. They do have cork foot beds, yes? I ask because my loafers have a slight amount of heel slip that I am figuring will go away once they conform to my foot and the sole it relaxed a little bit. Is this assumption correct? Sorry about the dumb noob question. Thanks guys.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also, quick question... I know AE front to back, but am new to the Alden family. They do have cork foot beds, yes? I ask because my loafers have a slight amount of heel slip that I am figuring will go away once they conform to my foot and the sole it relaxed a little bit. Is this assumption correct? Sorry about the dumb noob question. Thanks guys.
Cork with metal shanks.

Hopefully just flexing the soles will be sufficient to kill the slip

elTiburon

Reaction score
For some reason, I just don't get this shoe. It looks like a slipper and a shoe had a baby. Probably really comfortable, and the type of footwear that if one gets a pair, they wind up saying why didn't I do this earlier. I just have a hard time with the look. But that's just my thinking on it. If you like it, go for it.

That is totally fair. I like the cleanness of them, like a wholecut chukka kind of thing. Plus I have been infatuated with suede and CXL lately. I have been searching for the right pair of ivory-type suede shoes for my collection. Really, and I know this is another thread, but Grant Stone has a PTB in ivory that I really like.

AEShoeMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dual purpose post today:
1) For those of you with the ever popular Indy on CXL with white moc toe stitching - how do you go about cleaning your stitching? Normally I would think you could just use saddle soap as part of an overall cleaning, but I don't believe saddle soap and CXL is likely a good combo. Any suggestions from the experts on here?

2) Alden longwings for me today on a cool fall Thursday morning. I hope everyone has a good one!
20180927_070256.jpg
20180927_072953.jpg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That is totally fair. I like the cleanness of them, like a wholecut chukka kind of thing. Plus I have been infatuated with suede and CXL lately. I have been searching for the right pair of ivory-type suede shoes for my collection. Really, and I know this is another thread, but Grant Stone has a PTB in ivory that I really like.
For what it's worth, and discussing another brand, I have a pair of the GS PTB in Ivory and it is a really great shoe. Just about the right blend of dress (welt and sole) and casual (suede and Ivory) pairs well with everything from jeans to light summer suits.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dual purpose post today:
1) For those of you with the ever popular Indy on CXL with white moc toe stitching - how do you go about cleaning your stitching? Normally I would think you could just use saddle soap as part of an overall cleaning, but I don't believe saddle soap and CXL is likely a good combo. Any suggestions from the experts on here?

2) Alden longwings for me today on a cool fall Thursday morning. I hope everyone has a good one!
View attachment 1042735 View attachment 1042738
I hate to admit this, but I do nothing more than wipe the stitching down with damp cloth as part of regular shoe cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads