• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilby

Reaction score
B18412EF-750C-40FD-A408-D6748E7D7065.jpeg
Tan Calf CTB - Winn Perry

aero25

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Random question. Those Grant lasted LWBs, which I assume would be verboten these days from being ordered again, got me thinking about what other informal rules Alden has in the way of makeups they're unwilling to run:

1. No brass or nickel eyelets or hooks on Color 8
2. No antique edges on black shell
3. No LWB on a last other than Barrie and Modified (Truflare?)
4. No (shell?) Modified last makeups in the U.S. other than for Moulded Shoe
5. No machine stitch shell Indys
6. External heel counters are exclusive to Anatomica

I'm sure there's several more I'm forgetting or hadn't heard but I'm curious if there are any others you guys know of.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Random question. Those Grant lasted LWBs, which I assume would be verboten these days from being ordered again, got me thinking about what other informal rules Alden has in the way of makeups they're unwilling to run:

1. No brass or nickel eyelets or hooks on Color 8
2. No antique edges on black shell
3. No LWB on a last other than Barrie and Modified (Truflare?)
4. No (shell?) Modified last makeups in the U.S. other than for Moulded Shoe
5. No machine stitch shell Indys
6. External heel counters are exclusive to Anatomica

I'm sure there's several more I'm forgetting or hadn't heard but I'm curious if there are any others you guys know of.

Alden just did a Grant last tan calf LWB for a Japanese retailer. Alden has also done LWBs on Leydon, 379X, and Truflare, in addition to Barrie and Modified. They did a Plaza LWB once, for mafoo, back when they were still doing single MTOs.

It's not that external heel counters are exclusive to Anatomica, it's that the pattern with the external heel counter is an unlined boot, and Alden is unwilling to make that for anyone else (they don't like making it for Anatomica to begin with, as it has a very high FD rate).

Many of these aren't "rules" but rather things that Art won't allow when the makeup comes through to be approved because he doesn't like them.

cc808314

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking great, I am really starting to like this style...
Thank you. I didn’t have anything in this style in my rotation, so it’s a good addition. In my opinion, the double leather soles with antique edges really help out with the looks.

AMD500

Reaction score
AoC in their "last call" section.

Augdog, do you have any insight into the typical discount for "last call" and irregular models from AoC and B&M? Some really nice color 8 models listed in there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads