• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

DC Ravello Grant Caps
c607a18c5d6bfe3b643a7b28c2e2782a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love this boot for it's simplicity and elegance. 4060? On my radar screen now.. thanks
1f64f.png
for the image DonL.. chip:slayer:

Skelnik

Reaction score
@kingrover posted this on the AE thread. With that said, if some local SF guys go there and will proxy purchase a pair of 11 EEE for me, I would be eternally greatful. I have called Marshall's and they do not mail product and will not take CC numbers over the phone. Sales must be in person.

Marshalls at Peachtree and piedmont in buckhead.

WTF! Marshall's?! Alden shell cordovan for $300?! So many questions come to mind.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have been thinking about spotting Aldens in the wild. I live in LA, which is no small place and there are some pretty affluent areas. One can even have the occasional celebrity encounter such as Adam Sandler back when he had a career and Caitlyn Jenner back when she said she was a he. (Bruce shopped at the local Costco) Despite the number of feet I watch I have only had 1 single encounter of a guy on an airport shuttle to LAX wearing some sweet Alden tassel loafers. That is one pair in the past 1+ years. So have you encountered a pair of Aldens in the wild? If you have, I am betting they were Indy boots.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Our chief actuary has a pair of black perforated captoes. That's it. I did see one guy on the bus a couple of years ago with what appeared to be shell, but they weren't Alden or AE.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have been thinking about spotting Aldens in the wild. I live in LA, which is no small place and there are some pretty affluent areas. One can even have the occasional celebrity encounter such as Adam Sandler back when he had a career and Caitlyn Jenner back when she said she was a he. (Bruce shopped at the local Costco) Despite the number of feet I watch I have only had 1 single encounter of a guy on an airport shuttle to LAX wearing some sweet Alden tassel loafers. That is one pair in the past 1+ years. So have you encountered a pair of Aldens in the wild? If you have, I am betting they were Indy boots.

When I first got into Aldens, I feel like they were pretty rare here in New York. I've seen more and more of them the past twelve months - Indy boots being the most popular, but also I've seen tassels, full straps, PTB, longwings, etc. I occasionally see a cordovan boot as well. Rare cordovan remains, well, rare. Retailers like Leffot, J Crew, etc have been selling Aldens for a number of years now, and I believe they do have more recognition among the "stylish" set than they did in 2008/9.

I do wonder about the Marshalls stock - some of those sizes aren't that uncommon. Have we hit peak Alden yet? Rare cordovan lists seem to still be full, but I wonder about the rest of the market.

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think we've definitely hit peak Alden. The guy two doors down from me in Bay Ridge Brooklyn was wearing the EP Innsbruck Indies the other day. Sign of the times in THIS neighborhood...

Last edited:

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've still only ever seen a handful of Alden's around NYC, and I naturally tend to look at shoes a lot haha. I've still only ever seen Indy boots. Occasionally I've seen shoes that resembled Alden's(not j crew) but never had the guts to ask the people when I saw them.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
May I ask what you use instead (if anything)?
sorry for the delayed response.
i love alden natural boot cream. bought it at the sf alden store. i only use very little a couple of times a year, but it "evens" out shell color and does not leave a residue.
Quick question for those who own the Leffot, Barrie lasted tanker boot (color 8 on commando). How is the fit? Can I expect it to be consistent with other barrie boots? Or is it more narrow/snug/smaller? (i.e. The J Crew PCT boot). Do any of you go TTS in this boot? Thanks in advance!
i have the leffot tanker 10 b/d, fits just like barrie sw boots 10 b/d.
Those color 8 boots are looking great. Called "King" for a reason.
proof!
I have been thinking about spotting Aldens in the wild. I live in LA, which is no small place and there are some pretty affluent areas. One can even have the occasional celebrity
encounter such as Adam Sandler back when he had a career and Caitlyn Jenner back when she said she was a he. (Bruce shopped at the local Costco) Despite the number of feet I watch I have only had 1 single encounter of a guy on an airport shuttle to LAX wearing some sweet Alden tassel loafers. That is one pair in the past 1+ years. So have you encountered a pair of Aldens in the wild? If you have, I am betting they were Indy boots.
i see aldens in the wild about once a week. mostly lhs exotics with chups socks.

bkdc

Reaction score
I've seen many many AEs but I've never seen an Alden in the wild. I've received many compliments on my own Aldens.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sorry for the delayed response.
i love alden natural boot cream. bought it at the sf alden store. i only use very little a couple of times a year, but it "evens" out shell color and does not leave a residue.

Interesting - I recently got some cognac shell PTB's from Grant Stone that have a bit of lightening on the toe from lasting. I'll try it out.

While I'm a bit off-topic and talking shell, I thought some of y'all might enjoy the nearly 49-year-old shell Florsheim Imperials (made April 1968 - older than me
satisfied.gif
) I wore to work for the first time today since buying and refurbing them:

It is amazing how well these have held up, and it is obvious how different shoes like these are made vs. "retail" shoes today. I'm hoping one or both of my sons will wear my size so I can pass my shoes on to them!
biggrin.gif

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Brooks Brothers Unlined color 8....

Happy Tuesday.

Those look great Shawn. Such a classic model!

Love this boot. Looks like I may need to break out the deer bone and brush though.

Great looking Shell Indy's. They look good with your slacks.

@kingrover posted this on the AE thread. With that said, if some local SF guys go there and will proxy purchase a pair of 11 EEE for me, I would be eternally greatful. I have called Marshall's and they do not mail product and will not take CC numbers over the phone. Sales must be in person.

Marshalls at Peachtree and piedmont in buckhead.

Dang.

DC Ravello Grant Caps
c607a18c5d6bfe3b643a7b28c2e2782a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don, your Daytrippers are looking absolutely stellar!

cigar nsts on aberdeen and gray flannels

Those Cigars are looking just classic and stellar DV. Such a great looking shoe!

Interesting - I recently got some cognac shell PTB's from Grant Stone that have a bit of lightening on the toe from lasting. I'll try it out.

While I'm a bit off-topic and talking shell, I thought some of y'all might enjoy the nearly 49-year-old shell Florsheim Imperials (made April 1968 - older than me
satisfied.gif
) I wore to work for the first time today since buying and refurbing them:

It is amazing how well these have held up, and it is obvious how different shoes like these are made vs. "retail" shoes today. I'm hoping one or both of my sons will wear my size so I can pass my shoes on to them!
biggrin.gif

Those have held up very nicely! Looking good!

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads