• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nvspwndamnstr39

Reaction score

We went straight to the mountains from church yesterday, leading to this photo in the parking lot. When will Alden start making ski boots? :D

Imagine all the posts asking for clarification on sizing the Vonn last. Maybe Yenni can make us a reverse chamois ski boot with a perforated captoe.

Webbo

Reaction score
An NST boot would be close, right? Quite a few of those on Barrie in circulation.

Thanks, it would yes be a great option. Unfortunately, like the colour 8 Indy, it seems as rare as rocking horse **** here in Europe and American vendors wont ship. Oh well

bkdc

Reaction score
Thanks, it would yes be a great option. Unfortunately, like the colour 8 Indy, it seems as rare as rocking horse **** here in Europe and American vendors wont ship. Oh well

Funny how it works both ways. I'm licking my chops to get better access to European boots while Alden fans overseas are starved.

clementFR

Reaction score
Wow talk about eggplants. Very nice.

I went to Upper Shoes in Paris last week, and all of their #8 models were like this : light colored and very pinkish, far from the dark tones you see on online retailers those days. I have to say it was too even too pink for me; I realize I may be the only one here but I like them to keep a medium tone.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Trying to decide between the following:
Color 8 LWB - Antique Edge - Barrie Last - Double Leather Sole
Color 8 SWB - Antique Edge - Aberdeen Last - Commmado Sole

The Aberdeen fits me better than the Barrie but I can wear either. Just not 100% sold on the Commando sole.

Thx again for everybody's opinions.
Decided on the Color 8 SWB - Antique Edge - Aberdeen Last - Commmado Sole

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@kingrover posted this on the AE thread. With that said, if some local SF guys go there and will proxy purchase a pair of 11 EEE for me, I would be eternally greatful. I have called Marshall's and they do not mail product and will not take CC numbers over the phone. Sales must be in person.

Marshalls at Peachtree and piedmont in buckhead.

Last edited:

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DC Ravello Grant Caps
c607a18c5d6bfe3b643a7b28c2e2782a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jl70115

Reaction score
Sizing/width question. I measure a 10.5D on a Brannock, but I have a newish pair of calf LWB in 10D that are not feeling good after a reasonable break-in period. My forefoot feels a little squeezed on my larger foot.

I have suede LWB from Leather Soul in a 10D that are perfect. I have Indy boots in a 10D that are great and Color 8 shell cap tow bal 10.5D on the Hampton that are perfect. My 10.5D unlined suede chukkas on Leydon may be a little narrow as my pinky toe on my larger foot tends to get rubbed a little tender at the end of a long day but they are so dang soft and comfortable I haven't given it much thought until now. I'm now wondering if I should go up in width in the 10 Barrie. and 10.5 Leydon.

In regards to the Barrie last, do people find that suede has a little more room than calf? I suppose it could be this particular pair is a little snug for me, but along with the Leydon 10.5D rubbing a little after a long day or wear, I'm curious if I need to bump up a width but keep the length as is.

Thanks for the advice.

ErikW

Reaction score
@kingrover posted this on the AE thread. With that said, if some local SF guys go there and will proxy purchase a pair of 11 EEE for me, I would be eternally greatful. I have called Marshall's and they do not mail product and will not take CC numbers over the phone. Sales must be in person.

Marshalls at Peachtree and piedmont in buckhead.

Wow. All tassels?

Fawkes007

Reaction score
Sizing/width question. I measure a 10.5D on a Brannock, but I have a newish pair of calf LWB in 10D that are not feeling good after a reasonable break-in period. My forefoot feels a little squeezed on my larger foot.

I have suede LWB from Leather Soul in a 10D that are perfect. I have Indy boots in a 10D that are great and Color 8 shell cap tow bal 10.5D on the Hampton that are perfect. My 10.5D unlined suede chukkas on Leydon may be a little narrow as my pinky toe on my larger foot tends to get rubbed a little tender at the end of a long day but they are so dang soft and comfortable I haven't given it much thought until now. I'm now wondering if I should go up in width in the 10 Barrie. and 10.5 Leydon.

In regards to the Barrie last, do people find that suede has a little more room than calf? I suppose it could be this particular pair is a little snug for me, but along with the Leydon 10.5D rubbing a little after a long day or wear, I'm curious if I need to bump up a width but keep the length as is.

Thanks for the advice.

Hi. When you say you measure 10.5D on the Brannock, are you talking strictly heal to toe (stick) measurement, or are you including the heel to ball measurement as well? For example, on the Brannock I'm a 9.5 heel to toe, but heel to ball I'm a 10.5 B. For the Barrie last where you should size down by a 1/2, the 9.5B fits me beautifully. On the Hampton, Plaza or Aberdeen lasts, I'm a 10B, which is more true to size. Some of the unlined shoes will have a little more room. Suede, not being stiff at all, for me feels like it has more room. And your shoes may not be too narrow (I can't wear a C width at all - my feet swim, even if I size down) - but they may not be long enough. I can't wear a 9.5 in the Hampton as my big toe hits the toe box - too short. If your toes are getting rubbed and tender at the end of the day, your shoes are most probably too small and you might want to try going up a half size.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads