• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2024 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoe shine Saturday: Barrie NST #4

Cheers

IMG_6821.jpeg
IMG_6816.jpeg
IMG_6818.jpeg
IMG_6819.jpeg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
These black shell PTBs were waiting for me when I returned from vacation. Ready for an initial wearing.

IMG_0544.jpg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Time to start wearing the 9901 PTBs.

IMG_0548.jpg

Kudu08

Reaction score
Good day,
I’ve been eyeing a pair of shell boots in Grant last . Could you please help me with sizing for Grant last ?

My Brannock size is 10C left foot and 9.5D right foot . The Barrie last boots I own are 9.5D which are a bit loose around toe box. I think 9D Barrie would fit me quite firm.

Do you think I should buy a pair of Grant last boots in size 9D or 9.5D? Living in Aus so there isn’t a chance to try on these boots
Thanks

CLH03

Reaction score
Good day,
I’ve been eyeing a pair of shell boots in Grant last . Could you please help me with sizing for Grant last ?

My Brannock size is 10C left foot and 9.5D right foot . The Barrie last boots I own are 9.5D which are a bit loose around toe box. I think 9D Barrie would fit me quite firm.

Do you think I should buy a pair of Grant last boots in size 9D or 9.5D? Living in Aus so there isn’t a chance to try on these boots
Thanks
I wouldn’t go 9D. Grant is not as large as Barrie IME.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good day,

Thanks
Typically, they advise you take your Brannock size for Grant. I wear 8.5D in Barrie, but 9D in Grant. If your Barrie is 9D, I think 9.5D in Grant would work well. However, if you're able to provide more details on your foot (high/low instep, high/flat arch, toe spread, etc.) we can probably give you a better idea of what to expect.

Good news is since you're searching for sizing for a boot, you have a little more wiggle room for sizing variations since boots are more forgiving than shoes. Just curious which boot you're looking at purchasing?

Kudu08

Reaction score
Typically, they advise you take your Brannock size for Grant. I wear 8.5D in Barrie, but 9D in Grant. If your Barrie is 9D, I think 9.5D in Grant would work well. However, if you're able to provide more details on your foot (high/low instep, high/flat arch, toe spread, etc.) we can probably give you a better idea of what to expect.

Good news is since you're searching for sizing for a boot, you have a little more wiggle room for sizing variations since boots are more forgiving than shoes. Just curious which boot you're looking at purchasing?
I have normal slight high instep with high arch. The shoes I’m looking at are the black shell cap toe https://aldenmadison.com/products/cap-toe-boot-br-black-shell-cordovan-br-4065

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSC8