• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

andiandi

Reaction score

AF-43 today :)

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty appropriate username lol Im in a similar position. Im hoping for a plaza lasted cap toe, 360 flat welt (antique or black), and double waterlock soles. One can dream...

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PSA - unworn 9D cigar Captoes on grant w/commando going on eBay tomorrow. My net is $825. If interested, send me a PM for pictures. Serious inquiries only. Not accepting offers at this time.

EDIT - Sold!

Last edited:

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
If they use a steel shank, they do. My Alden and Grant Stone stuff won't make it through TSA PreCheck without removing the shoes. My AE's are OK.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
picked up a used pair of shell8 boots in size 13 as i wanted to see how the fit was...my god ...the NST I have in 12.5 gives up its name of Tanker as the wing boots each weigh 1/2 pound more...

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Too good to Spoiler..... Why color 8 is king.

Agreed. Speaking of which, time for a little 8 maintenance......

Here's an 'after' shot.......

Note that the Southern Tier is still half full. Amazing how little effort is required to make shell beautiful again.

Last edited:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Color 8 Tassels Alden for Brooks
Agreed. Speaking of which, time for a little 8 maintenance......
Here's an 'after' shot.......
Note that the Southern Tier is still half full. Amazing how little effort is required to make shell beautiful again.
Color #8 Unlined Dovers from Yenni. The flat welt is just the absolute best on these, make them so sleek and perfect for a light fall day. Gonna be patina machines.
LWB Antique Welt from Belfast no less. RL Pirate sock, black Levi cords.
picked these up today, couldnt be happier.. a touch snug, hopefully will loosen up a bit after some wear
Hey Guys, here is my Alden boot family. :)
AF-43 today :)
my current favorites
Ravello scotch grain shell cordovan LHSs
Gentlemen, you are looking superb all around. Those Grains are amazing. I have seen a sample of Racello Grain but not a shoe before. -Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads