• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

katch

Reaction score
Going to test out Alden's recrafting service on a well worn pair of full strapped loafers. Fired up. Alden will recraft if the sole was redone by another cobbler correct?

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Going to test out Alden's recrafting service on a well worn pair of full strapped loafers. Fired up. Alden will recraft if the sole was redone by another cobbler correct?
Consensus seems unfortunately to be no they will not.

idonotmatch

Reaction score
Long time lurker, first time poster! Need to find a way to get better quality pictures, but just got these in tonight (first pair of shells) and had to try them on and snap a couple pictures. Will be heading into B&M tomorrow to check out what they have in-stock + pick up some leather defender. Extremely happy with TSM 2nds, had been scoping the list for a while and finally found something that made me pull the trigger.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been vacationing on the west coast this week and got a chance to stop in Alden SF today. Robert was a huge help in getting me fitted for some shoes and I ended up buying 2 pairs. And now it looks like I'll be buying a lot more soon since these new shoes are a half size bigger than all my other Aldens and are way more comfortable. I guess it's time to start culling the collection...

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Been vacationing on the west coast this week and got a chance to stop in Alden SF today. Robert was a huge help in getting me fitted for some shoes and I ended up buying 2 pairs. And now it looks like I'll be buying a lot more soon since these new shoes are a half size bigger than all my other Aldens and are way more comfortable. I guess it's time to start culling the collection...

Welcome to the Pacific side Beatle! Glad Robert took good care of you. My first ever Alden experience ever was with Robert and he was super patient with me and let me try on like 8 sizes of the Tassel loafer.

What pairs did you pick up today?

-Mike

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Welcome to the Pacific side Beatle! Glad Robert took good care of you. My first ever Alden experience ever was with Robert and he was super patient with me and let me try on like 8 sizes of the Tassel loafer.

What pairs did you pick up today?

-Mike

Yes Robert was great! I tried on multiple pairs in multiple lasts, and ended up getting a pair of chocolate suede chukkas on the Leydon (which was actually in stock in size 13C) and a pair of the snuff suede medallion captoes on the Hampton, which I had to pre-order and get in on their next run.

TO Tie Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think you are (were) my size.. :slayer::slayer:

mattw

Reaction score
In Paris for a few days, so I swung over to Anatomica:

Stupidly, I forgot to take a shot of their Alden selection once in.

I was hoping for some obscure score, but it was not to be. Lots of business-type shoes, which I'm sure pays the bills for them. Highlights were a Modified Indy in natural CXL, a Modified longwing in brown alpine grain, and LHSes in both tan and brown country calf. It was cool to see those leathers in person for the first time (well, CXL isn't new for me, but the rest)- the tan country calf is a winner. The banana last is funky, but so long as you avoid cap toes I think it's pretty doable. The way it tapers in the midsection makes it more interesting than just the big blob you might get in photos.

All in all, nice people and a fun detour :)

Last edited:

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I was in the Alden SF store the other day they had some Barrie-lasted chukkas that were pretty cool - especially the natty-cxl with unfinished edges.

My understanding is they've got a brown CXL NST coming on TB with commando. That's a nice build (though I'm looking for a Barrie)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads