• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaction score

2b7531a53646a3a4895a12cc4b566039.jpg

Picked these up last year used. Fresh back from Alden restoration.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Great model! From Madison, eh?

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wednesday. Alden Black Shell Cordovan NST Bluchers. Epaulet Charcoal Houndtooth Walt Trousers.

-Mike
I LOVE that shell NST blucher. Some day I hope to be able to find a GMTO of it on some last other than Aberdeen.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a pair of Navy Chamois Indy's from Brick + Mortar and I asked Yenni if it was relatively waterproof. He replied that chamois is oiled so it handles wet weather well.

I imagine reverse chamois is the same. It's more rugged.

Those Indy's are reverse? I have a navy wingtip chamois pair of Alden boots...and really wish they were reverse

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OM Cigar Hampton SWB
6ed1723ab35ae699a60d54db38d0e826.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

All great pictures from the usual suspects. Old Whiskey LHS's about to sent in for Recrafting but very hesitant to allow them to touch the colour in the process being lighter shell. Has anyone had Whiskey recrafted by Alden before? Hate to loose all the white stitching..

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
one of my favorite bay pickups...after summer 2 going to get the red brick removed and red dainite put on

navy with contrast stitching

Rstldr

Reaction score
Gents. Been a while. New job, couple kids, working wife makes it difficult, but these came today and I wanted to share. My first on the grant last. I went TTS and they are perfect- not just the fit but really beautiful. Sometimes they are Rembrandts AND shoes
1f609.png

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ nice boots, I'd leave them alone sole wise, the othe sole works better with shell and calf, these are a perfect blend of casual in Suede and Sole.
But, I do get the itch...

Profligate47

Reaction score
@Profligate47
you are looking very good in your Ravello LHSes and Tan Khakis. Those speckled socks are pretty cool, but if the asphalt was a pidge darker, you could blend in completely with it.

@mdubs: Thanks Mike. As always, your comments inspire.

Alden for BB, one of my favorites:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads