• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
I broke the laces on my eBay Alden x BB shell PTB's the first day I had them - these 3mm flat waxed laces finally arrived from Germany

I much prefer the look of flat laces with these...

M, those Flat Waxed laces are terrific and definitely ups the antee on those beauties!

Long time lurker, first time poster! Need to find a way to get better quality pictures, but just got these in tonight (first pair of shells) and had to try them on and snap a couple pictures. Will be heading into B&M tomorrow to check out what they have in-stock + pick up some leather defender. Extremely happy with TSM 2nds, had been scoping the list for a while and finally found something that made me pull the trigger.

Welcome @idonotmatch to the posting community! Those new Color 8 wingtip boots are looking very good with their antique edges and pair nicely with your Chinos. Enjoy your first pair of Shell Cordovan, hope that you had a good visit with Yenni today. I have had the pleasure of visiting her twice and she is quite a pleasant lady.

Looking classy as always @Profligate47 in your Color 8 LHSes Look great with your speckled socks and tan khakis.

Today's CC damage report...

Looking good today in your Unlined Tan Suede LHSes Chippy! Hope that you had a good Sunday!

-Mike

AMD500

Reaction score
new (to me) reverse chamios perforated captoe boots. Traded some Oakstreet trench boots for these...Pretty happy with the trade.

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

new (to me) reverse chamios perforated captoe boots. Traded some Oakstreet trench boots for these...Pretty happy with the trade.

Nice! I know reverse chamois is an oily leather. But in this picture are the boots wet or is that simply the oil?

AMD500

Reaction score
Nice! I know reverse chamois is an oily leather. But in this picture are the boots wet or is that simply the oil?
It's the oil. The difference in tone seems to be a bit exaggerated in the photo. Reverse Chamois is quickly becoming my second favorite shoe material behind Shell.
^ Sweet pair. Who made those?
Circle 7 http://circle7online.com/collections/alden/products/alden-3902hc Never heard of them, but as I said, it was a trade.

Next on the list will be a wingtip pair...holding out for someone to make a GREEN reverse chamois pair like Leffot had earlier this year.

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My last pair of Alden's arrived yesterday and I am quite impressed with the way they turned out. Only a few minor cosmetic blems here and there...but for the most part very well done compared to the others I've owned. I love the richness of the color 8 dye; the shade of dark burgundy is deep and uniform throughout the boots. Their appearance in direct sunlight vs. indirect really adds to their character. I attempted to show that in one of the pictures above...but didn't have the patience to wait for the sunlight to cooperate.

These are keepers. Would highly recommend the grant lasted wingtip boot from Yenni.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Very nice looking boots! Those are looking good and a pretty cool style for the material.

My last pair of Alden's arrived yesterday and I am quite impressed with the way they turned out. Only a few minor cosmetic blems here and there...but for the most part very well done compared to the others I've owned. I love the richness of the color 8 dye; the shade of dark burgundy is deep and uniform throughout the boots. Their appearance in direct sunlight vs. indirect really adds to their character. I attempted to show that in one of the pictures above...but didn't have the patience to wait for the sunlight to cooperate.

These are keepers. Would highly recommend the grant lasted wingtip boot from Yenni.

Glad to hear that you are happy with your new Boots MrV. They look good and you did a good job capturing the range of colors that they can exhibit.

How did you take the picture??

I would guess that he either had a tripod or a cohort in crime.

-Mike

marvaments

Reaction score
How did you take the picture??

Very nice looking boots! Those are looking good and a pretty cool style for the material.

Glad to hear that you are happy with your new Boots MrV. They look good and you did a good job capturing the range of colors that they can exhibit.

I would guess that he either had a tripod or a cohort in crime.

-Mike
The latter.
satisfied.gif

MattRiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I've been in the AE thread almost exclusively, but I'm finally able to make a cameo over here now that I own a pair of Aldens. I recently picked up these Alden x BB shell tassel loafers (772) from the bay for $40. Incredible condition for the cost.

Happy Sunday Gents!

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
So I've been in the AE thread almost exclusively, but I'm finally able to make a cameo over here now that I own a pair of Aldens. I recently picked up these Alden x BB shell tassel loafers (772) from the bay for $40. Incredible condition for the cost.

Happy Sunday Gents!

Congratulations Matt and welcome to the community! That is a magnificent pickup. They have a lovely color on them and have patina'd nicely. Hope that they are the first of a few lovely Aldens in your wardrobe.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads