• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tanker Tuesday

Black is the new ravello.

Looking great Saz. I'm quite tempted to snag this makeup. (I don't even have the color 8 version). Enjoy them often and in great health my friend!

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of the 990 PTB in a 10E and they are incredibly comfortable, I love them. This is making me lust after a pair of 975s, this may be a stupid question but would the brogued design 975 fit as comfortably as the PTB on the same Barrie's last in the same size?

Overall I would say yes. I find that the LWB pattern has a lower heel cup compared to my PTB. So in that aspect I find the PTB slightly more comfortable. YMMV though of course.

Last edited:

BCHopeful

Reaction score
Can someone post the irregular list for 8.5 and 9.0. I have subscribed multiple times, but TSM can't seem to send it to me...

mrfixit

Reaction score

I saw a dude near my office yesterday wearing Indys. I almost said something to him - but then I thought - he may just a be normal guy (unlike us addicts) who has 1 pair of boots in his closet and they just happen to be Indys because he had some gift cards from J. Crew.

He may think a stranger approaching him on the street to comment about his boots is quite odd, or maybe he'd think I'm hitting on him. Either way, I didn't wanna be that guy, so I just admired the boots and walked on, thinking, I really do think about shoes wayyyyyy too much.

:sarcasm:
I think people enjoy compliments. I appreciate them, even when it's for something I'm not fanatical about. If I don't want to seem too shoe nerdy, I just say nice boots or nice shine.

TO Tie Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think people enjoy compliments. I appreciate them, even when it's for something I'm not fanatical about. If I don't want to seem too shoe nerdy, I just say nice boots or nice shine.

I get compliments on my shoes quite a bit. Mainly from women, and almost always for my colour 8's. I just smile, say thanks and change the subject. They have no idea..

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Thx Dubsy. I also picked up these 962 Norwegians:
Your new nsts are looking great!
Mahogany Shell AF2 today.
Those AF2's are looking amazing.
Cigar chukkas on a Tuesdayyy
Your Cigar Chukkas are looking lovely.
A new pickup just in from Shoemart: CXL Perf Captoes.
Your new PCTs are looking equally good bro.
Tanker Tuesday Black is the new ravello.
Your Blackvellos are looking very good bud! Enjoy them!
Tassel Tuesday
Today was a good day for a tassel. Enjoy!
Snuff chukkas today.
Lovely looking Chukkas Burzan! The Snuffs have always caught my eye..
Maiden voyage.
Those are very red for a new pair. Looks great!
Breaking these beasts in
Your a Color 4 NSTs are superb and looking lovely. Enjoy them bud!
Color 8 WTB X AoC
Your wt boots are looking great, another model that Alden kills it on...
A new arrival for me today: @mdubs boot in Black Shell! Love this makeup, and the fact that the tongue is lined.
Your Black Boot is looking very nice! Glad that you are happy with them!
Hello, Today is Whiskey PTB with Pea Coat.
Jet, you are looking good!
Cross-post from Epaulet thread, Alden x JCrew for me today
Looking good Steve!
@mdubs and @MrDV shots almost mastered, now the hard part, acquiring their levels of rare shell to showcase :rotflmao: I will have to figure out the signature Burzan shot next. The things I do when bored at work haha.
Nice shots and great angles! They are still looking good! Hah, could take the 3/4 view from the back....
Oop's TPC Scottsdale today. Cabrera is a beast off the tee box
1f44f.png
Nice looking boots and enjoy the tournament. You are getting good wear out of those boots! -Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads