• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HenryIII

Reaction score
Looking good in your Ocho Alt Wieners. Have a good day Henry.

-Mike
Thanks! You too and have a good flight (early flights are the worst, I've taken way too many 6am flights in my life)

stylect

Reaction score
New to the forum and new to Alden. Can only keep one. Suggestions between the two?
[/IMG]

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess the second one didn't upload:

If you are going to need one to "dress up" then the cap toe to me is the one to keep. The NST is a more casual shoe IMHO...I am sure more qualified folks who actually dress well can answer

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd keep the nst because they rock. Dark sole edge on that helps. Other boot has medallion and antique sole dressing it down a bit. Tough call.

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New to the forum and new to Alden. Can only keep one. Suggestions between the two?
Keep the one you like better. There is no right answer they are both nice. Most likely, in a few months time you will regret getting rid of either one.

stylect

Reaction score
you're right! i probably will regret returning one. I typically like the styling of the medallion cap toe hence got it but then also got the NST just to compare. Wearing them I think i slightly prefer the NST its a narrower last (aberdeen) vs the cap toe (plaza last). Most of my shoes are narrower and while the plaza isn't huge it is a bit wider than the aberdeen in appearance at least.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Both look great. Whichever way you choose, don't crease the pair you decide to return, or you'll get to keep both!
Good advice!

shoelover

Reaction score
I am thinking of selling a pair of whiskey lwb. Uppers are excellent and soles have a ton of life in them. What is a reasonable asking price?

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Size matters. (That's what she said)
Shade matters.

I would expect $600 - $650 for my 10d

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads