• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsgleason

Reaction score

Can someone post the irregular list for 8.5 and 9.0.  I have subscribed multiple times, but TSM can't seem to send it to me... 

Are you trying to use gmail? It generally doesn't work with gmail.

gsgleason

Reaction score

I have a pair of the 990 PTB in a 10E and they are incredibly comfortable, I love them. This is making me lust after a pair of 975s, this may be a stupid question but would the brogued design 975 fit as comfortably as the PTB on the same Barrie's last in the same size?

The 975 has all that stitching along the sides, so it will probably be a bit stiffer, but not much.

gsgleason

Reaction score
I think people enjoy compliments. I appreciate them, even when it's for something I'm not fanatical about. If I don't want to seem too shoe nerdy, I just say nice boots or nice shine.

I get compliments on my shoes quite a bit. Mainly from women, and almost always for my colour 8's. I just smile, say thanks and change the subject. They have no idea..

Which color 8 models get the compliments? I'm curious because my wife says that all men's shoes are ugly, period.

TO Tie Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Which color 8 models get the compliments? I'm curious because my wife says that all men's shoes are ugly, period.

Tanker from Leffot is by far the most complimented.

Whiskey Wingtip Boot also gets a lot.

Cigar doesn't get much love, but that's okay. I love them!

stevefok

Reaction score
Tanker from Leffot is by far the most complimented.

Whiskey Wingtip Boot also gets a lot.

Cigar doesn't get much love, but that's okay. I love them!

same here....my AoM tankers get the most compliment, Whiskey LWBs are coming right behind.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EDIT: SOLD PSA: The Shoe Mart just got in a pair of 8.5 Cigar Loafers on the Copley Last.

Thanks for Fenway for posting these. I got them but they are going back. There is a streak of rough shell in the toe area (see below). The same shoe has more rough areas on the inside but that would not have bothered me since no one looks there. I just don't know how the sun would impact that toe area with time. Finally, the $599 price is a little high IMO. I would've kept these at the regular irregulars shell price.

I will try to get these to the PO tomorrow so they should be at shoemart by this weekend.

Also, they are def darker brown and the Copley size fits me like the Barrie, size .5 from TTS.

gsgleason

Reaction score
The PCT that I wore today got 10x the looks and a couple of comments than any of my other color 8. They are brand new and a beautiful eggplant shade. I tend to neglect my older shell shoes.

Which makeup is this PCT you mention?

bantone

Reaction score
I'm on the fence between Burnished Tan Wingtips vs Burnished Tan Longwings

Seems a lot of y'all with Aldens lean towards the Longwings. Why is that over a Wingtip?

Personally I like the aesthetic of the wingtip because the longwing looks clunky to me at times (though I haven't really looked at many longwings in person).

I have my AE strands which has cap broughing and is much of a wingtip but given the color (walnut) and the details it is too loud for me and pretty much not in my rotation as much as my tastes have changed. I like understanded but not TOO understated.

This is why I think if I get a wingtip I may grow out of it! I think wingtips are a 'younger' shoe. I'm in my early 30s and not a old man I still like style but I'm particular. Thoughts?

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These are incredible. You will be very pissed if you ever flip... Lifetime man's boot... Well done!

Tank you. I mean, Thank you. Although I'm generally not a fan of black (I say that now with 4 pair of black shell) I do agree that these are instant classics,

I'd have to say that my J. Gilbert Plaza NST boots get the most compliments out of all my color 8 shoes/boots. The shell is extremely gorgeous and the hand stitching on the plaza last makes the boot really pop.

100 yrs

Reaction score
Could someone DM me with the best way to place an order with anatomica Paris?

HenryIII

Reaction score
Alden Black Shell Tassel.

-Mike
Classic Mike, well done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads