• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE EUROPEAN THRIFT BUY /SELL / TRADE / WANT THREAD

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
By the way, this is my ebay page for those of you who are interested. Always willing to do deals off ebay. http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/butterworths/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
(Let me know if tht doesn't work)

I've got lots of stuff I've not got round to listing yet (young family + full time job) so feel free to let me know what you are looking for and I can see if I already have it.

Quesjac

Reaction score
This is a RLPL, made in England (Chester Barrie), 3bn, size 44R (I bought it and returned as it didn't fit)
smile.gif

http://www.oxfam.org.uk/shop/mens-c...-pinstriped-single-breasted-suit-hd_100585483
Did you work out that it was Purple Label, or just take a gamble? That website is a trainwreck of inconsistency.

Gajsek

Reaction score
I sort of worked it out. The ticket pocket gave it away (and the previous description was a bit more telling, I think it even said made in England).
Then, I shipped it to a friend in the UK for the free returns - and he measured it, confirming it was too big for me.

Edit:
I did have some good experience with things off Oxfam online... Scored another RLPL (the one in my post) for cheap.

Last edited:

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, @Quesjac ! Softest tie I own, perfect dimple.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@purplelabel received the Ralph trousers. Defintiely old school, fantastic deal, so thanks!

No problem my man! They're so awesome right?

davidazio

Reaction score
If anyone is interested I have a beautiful navy Battistoni blazer with peak lapels which my brother got MTM and never ended up wearing. It's got a fantastic cut and drapes beautifully, and the fabric (either 100% wool or wool/silk mix, I have to check) is light and breezy. I'm not a fan of the style myself as it is a bit too old school (long jacket, roomy chest, quite padded shoulders) for my taste, and so it's looking for a new home. Fits like a long 50.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want Italian ties. Kiton, Cucinelli, Corneliani, Brioni. Zegna (the usual)

60" in length. Will trade spleens and body parts for Kiton.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads