• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE EUROPEAN THRIFT BUY /SELL / TRADE / WANT THREAD

atia2

Reaction score
Here's the 44L New & Lingwood suit. Cloth is dark grey with a fine stripe. Jacket is 44L and trousers are 38L. I bought it in a sale about a year ago and never got round to wearing it before losing weight. Meaning to put it on Ebay but too busy.

Original prices on the tags. I paid £235 in the sale. Happy to sell it here for £135 posted in UK.

atia2

Reaction score
I also have a few other goodies to clear out:

• Crockett & Jones burgundy derbies UK 11.5;
  • Alfred Sargent black cap oxfords UK 11.5;
  • NWT French Connection blue linen suit 42L/38L;
  • Glenbrae red seamless merino v-neck jumper L;
  • couple of Fred Perry blue polo t-shirts XL.

All very lightly worn except the suit which is new. Happy to take photos and post here if interest shown. Pics of the shoes:

sansimeon

Reaction score
If anyone is interested I have a beautiful navy Battistoni blazer with peak lapels which my brother got MTM and never ended up wearing. It's got a fantastic cut and drapes beautifully, and the fabric (either 100% wool or wool/silk mix, I have to check) is light and breezy. I'm not a fan of the style myself as it is a bit too old school (long jacket, roomy chest, quite padded shoulders) for my taste, and so it's looking for a new home. Fits like a long 50.
Pics?

atia2

Reaction score
Had some interest in the C&J shoes and the Glenbrae jumper. Here are details and pics:

Shoes

C&J for New & Lingwood bluchers in Burgundy Cavalry Calf. Same as the now-discontinued "Lanark" in C&J's version of corrected grain leather. This is a high quality CG leather treated in the same way as Cordovan during the tanning process by impregnating with cow's fat. (In fact one of the salespeople at C&J on Jermyn Street thought it was Cordovan.) Size UK 11.5E on the 341 last with Dainite studded soles and full sock liner (added by C&J). Very lightly worn as can be seen in photos, selling due to fit issues. Perfect bad weather shoes.

Bought for £249 in the January sales this year (see receipt). Will sell here for £150 posted in UK.

Jumper

Glenbrae seamless v-neck jumper in red merino wool. I have a few of these seamless jumpers and they are great: soft, comfortable, you hardly know you're wearing them. Selling as red doesn't go with the rest of my wardrobe. Worn once.

Bought for £85 a few months ago. Will sell for £35 posted in UK.

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sup chaps?

Just a quick request - if anyone thrifts some penny loafers in brown or burgundy in size 7/7.5 then let me know. I'm also on the lookout for staple shorts for the summer and staple business flat front trousers in 30x30 for work. Cheers.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sup chaps?

Just a quick request - if anyone thrifts some penny loafers in brown or burgundy in size 7/7.5 then let me know. I'm also on the lookout for staple shorts for the summer and staple business flat front trousers in 30x30 for work. Cheers.

Always on the look out my man!

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had to do a double take today. Saw some selvedge jeans made by....George (Asda) !!!

I mean, erm...what the ****?

Last edited:

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Had to do a double take today. Saw some selvedge jeans made by....George (Asda) !!!

I mean, erm...what the ****?
Haha, oh dear.

That's when you know a trend has jumped the shark.

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just got them home and got the tape measure out. They're cotton and 36" x 31.5" (1.5" to let out).

Deets:
11" front rise
9" ankle
17" rear rise
Flat front
Straight leg

Just to say these are available again bros. Take them off me before they hit ebay!

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Billionaires Boys Club - Size S.
Open to offers.

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As good a place to ask as any...does anyone know any decent UK-based consigners?

X-post

Nickd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Afraid not, it's something we'd be interested in dipping a toe into, but not until we've moved house, and that's several months away.

TinderStick

Reaction score
Hi chaps,

finally got round to sorting through a big backlog plus shifting some of my own things because of lack of space.

Most of it is on the bay - check it out, if you see something let me know and we can do a deal off the bay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/suits-n-boots/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

One thing I haven't listed yet is a recent Richard James part-lined basketweave navy wool jacket. Slim fitting 40. Excellent condition apart from a pull on one of the sleaves and a couple of loose stitches on the back seam. I'll do it for 20 quid including shipping if anyone wants it. Some pics:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads