• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thrift Thread Thrift Fit Contest

Best thrift fit

• dukedishin

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • ReubenR

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • impuntura

• takai

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • nobleprofessor

• richnet12

• GMMcL

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • sansimeon

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • eazye

Votes: 16 30.8%
  • capnwes

• YRR92

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • schmidtdalton

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • thrift vader

• Koala T

• Spoopoker

• Shoeluv

• Cj52racers

• snackbandit

Votes: 6 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Vote for your favorites! You set the criteria for your own vote: most thrifted items, most unique, most pleasing, whatever. You are only allowed to vote once, but YOU CAN VOTE FOR MORE THAN ONE PERSON. Example: Like two fits/pics, check both names before you click vote. Contest ends this Saturday.
I'll kick off the thrift fit challenge with my terrible potato pic for IG before Eazy or Chet get in here and destroy it.
Triple patch windowpane SC by Billy Reid - $8 Shirt by Zegna (exaggerated contrast via IG; sorry) - $5 Tie by Brooks Brothers Makers - $2 Hand-rolled silk PS by Gladson - $2 No credit for the following: (Unseen) cortina belt by Trafalgar - $2 (Unseen) gray J Crew Bowery trous - $6 (Unseen) Vintage Bostonian shell short wings - $6
Not technically eligible since the majority was either e-thrifted or thrifted by another forum member, but worth a share. And I'd say new Gokeys or a Scottish-made quilted tweed Mackintosh for $30 counts as a genuine e-thrift and not an "e-thrift" Mackintosh quilted tweed jacket, e-thrift F.A. McCluer BD, thrifted Rattlesnake belt, shot under the birddog kennels and cured NOS Duxbak, thrifted by @hooker4186 Kirkland merino hikers Gokey Sauvage Oxfords, e-thrift
Since it was a hit I'll just repost. Vintage Versace suit.vintage serengetis and Turnbull and asses French cuff topped of by vintage emerich meerson watch.even with the watch I'm under $30
My entry for the thrift fit contest, since I love this new DB, and it's honestly probably one of the most unique finds from the thread in quite a while if I do say so my self, or maybe it's just me. Hat: YYPH (Discount) Shades: Persol (Discount) Jacket: Hugo Boss for the Kriegsmarine complete with "military issue" brass buttons (Thrift) Shirt: Talbott (Thrift) Tie: PRL Linen (Thrift) Jeans: Raleigh (Discount) Boots: Prada (Thrift) Watch: Seiko (Ethrift)
This was a councidence that today I was wearing everything thrifted. My entry for thrift fit. Sorry pictures are lousy, I had to use the timer on my I phone camera.
Brooks Brothers 3/2 Sack Suit Gitman Shirt Local store Emblematic Tie Vintage Florsheim Bison Wingtips
See, I just skip most of the text these days. For a variety of reasons, I'm just here for the Appreciation. As for the contest, this should be pretty fun. Shirt is Luxire in both fits, so doesn't count. Tie in yesterday's fit is Vanda, so I guess that makes it retail. Suit: From Cap, H Freeman Tie: Hober, bought here on SF Square: Seaward, ebay Shoes: Magnani, traded here I think Socks: Pantherella, bought at Marshalls Belt: Ye Olde Spoo/Luxeswap
Suit: Isaia from Nat Square: RLPL, bought from one of you dudes Belt, socks (panthy0: Marshalls Shoes: Francheschetti, bought here on SF
Huntsman thrifted by alum Johnsullivan; Peter Elliot tie thrifted by me; Borrelli shirt x Yoox; square on deep discount at Exquisite Timmings; trou PRL thrifted by me; Shoes are Alden shell thrifted by me; sox are Panthy x TJX
Suit is Isaia x S5A on deep discount; shirt is Drakes x Armoury sample sale; tie is Shibumi retail; square is Suit Supply; Shoes are Carmina x Luxeswap; sox are Panthy x TJX
Couple thrift fits, breaking in my recently thrifted Cheap Monday vintage collection raw denims. Worn them for a couple weeks now but they're still pretty stiff, unknown weight but I'm guessing 14-16 oz. Love them! Last week Goodale unlined peacoat, thrifted Old mtm ocbd, bought during half off sale CM selvedge, thrifted NB 574, 70% off Last week Nudie leather jacket, 80% off NN07 denim shirt, thrifted CM selvedge, thrifted super old Gant chukkas, half off Canvas bag, homemade gift from gf Today Alexander McQueen trench from @Doomsticks Our legacy japanese madras shirt, thrifted CM selvedge, thrifted Florsheim shell from someone here Nikon D7100, about half off retail, lens e-thrifted
[COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR]
And speaking of shell shoes, if anyone has a nice pair in 11c-d pleeeeease get at me! These are cracking and need replacement.
My entry for the challenge, and probably the last fit pic at the current spot. The wife and I close on a new house next week, the down payment of which was partially thrift funded. :slayer: :slayer: I asked my alterations girl for no break, but she definitely left quite a bit of extra material down there. What do you guys think? I was maybe just going to leave in the sprit of the more relaxed cut of this suit. Vintage PRL tweed topcoat, from silvrewarebandit Vintage PRL 3 piece flannel chalkstripe, eBay RLBL shirt, thrifted Paul Stuart tie, thrifted Vintage French Shriner short wings I posted yesterday, thrifted
edit: I should mention that its still freezing here, hence the flannel and tweed.
No time to go put something together right now, so here's this again. Dockers Golf Cap - Thrifted BB Seersucker - Thrifted BB Chinos - Thrifted BB Spread Collar Herringbone Shirt - Thrifted Vintage Chipp Easter Egg Tie - Thrifted Cotton Gingham Pocket Square - Thrifted Van Bommel shoes, trade from fellow thrifter for other thrifted items. BB Belt - Thrifted Unseen Benrus Auto Watch - Thrifted Shell Cordovan Watch Band - e-thrifted Dress - Thrifted Sweater - Thrifted Shoes - Thrifted Floral dog do-rag, thrifted Privacy Fence - Free from dumpster Wall Hang Candle Sconces - Thrifted Camera - Super cheap deal from fellow thrifter. Tri-pod - Thrifted
We doin' a thrift fit challenge this week? Because everything in these pictures was thrifted (and the dark brown AE Strands you don't see were won in an essay contest, so at least I didn't pay for 'em):
‘70s era peak lapel suit, from Le Dernier Cri of Beverly Hills, Egon Von Furstenburg slubby silk tie (with pre-barcode Syms tag still attached), Alex Cannon shirt, anonymous silk hank.
@eazye
1f618.png
@ChetB you're a gem. I don't know if I can resubmit a fit but I am. I went and changed quick cause I wanted to see what it would look like. Very villain-ish, I like it.
Rick Owens jacket - underpriced consignment James Perse T - thrift NWT Acne jeans - underpriced consignment Bally sneakers - thrift
Thrift fit from Wednesday. Armani Mani jacket - true thrift Armani shirt - true thrift LaCoste pants - true thrift Tyrwhitt tie - purchased online discount PRL leather belt - true thrift Pantherella socks - Marshalls Allen Edmonds LaSalles - true thrift
Chester Barrie for Knize (thrifted, but not by me) Finamore shirt (discount) Nicky Milano tie, thrifted by me Ancient madder PS, thrifted by either me or Ian
Blue sunset. Hat: "West Ride" -Thrift Shirt: 45RPM -Thrift Chore Coat: A random no-name one. (=a beater) - Thrift Jeans: Sugarcane Cinchbacks. - Retail. Shoes: Nike Air "Flights" in 2tone denim/white - Discount with a voucher. Pocket square/sweat towel: Psycho Bunny Blue Camo. - Retail
I can almost play in the outfit yourself in one trip game, the shoes are AE Chili Camerons I found a few months ago. The pants are pristine Peter Millar cream in my size maybe 1/2" long, and the shirt is BBGF. Neither has been washed yet since I literally just pulled them out of bags. So forgive the wrinkles and non-tuck, it would normally have a belt with it (non-thrifted, I haven't found a decent belt yet).
For @hansderhund's contest:
Sc = vintage HF (gifted by a member) Tie = Rivetz of Boston for Princeton ( it's navy with red pindots, thrifted) Ps = anonymous thrifted Shirt = BB thrifted Trou = Hugo boss (thrifted) Socks = gray cashmere blend discount fro the rack Shoes = blue bucks by Cole Haan, deeeeep discount.
Figured I'd toss one in for Hans contest. 100% thrifted/discount
Glasses: Serengeti drivers- thrift Shirt: Armani Exchange- thrift Pants: Vineyard V 5 pocket chinos-under 10% at discount Shoes: cheap J&M sheepskin loafer- thrift Watch- Orient curator power reserve- e thrift Pants and shirt hand rolled :rimshot:
As promised.
Last minute entry for the @HansderHund thrift fit contest: Jacket - Hackett Mayfair (thrift) Shirt - Etro (thrift) Pocket square - Tom Ford (consignment) Chinos - Unis (thrift) Shoes - JR Barrett (eBay) Watch - Omega Seamaster PO (eBay)
[/quote]

MartiniGirl

Reaction score
So many amazing choices! Everyone has their own unique style... It's so hard to choose just one. Good luck to everyone! But really, everybody is a winner... Cause you all thrifted/e-thrifted those outfits!

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
3-4 of those fits really impressed me as true "Daily worn/personal style" fits. like if you met your friend in a Thrift? that's what they would be wearing. so props to all of you.
a Stylish bunch of people. and the contrast in styles shown here is an example to others. that in the thrift thread? we welcome and encourage others to develop their own tastes,be different, wear that Coogi sweater, enjoy yourself.

i wanted to vote for Wes'. he looked so comfortable, Reuben absolutely nailed CM Casual. Snackbandit had great office attire. so many others, but i voted for Dalton. it looks like he found his groove.
fing02[1].gif

Great work Gentlemen.

ReubenR

Reaction score
Reuben absolutely nailed CM Casual.

I appreciate the kind words, man, but I don't really consider that anything like CM Casual. Sure, some versions of CM might take a step towards the countryside but this was took three or four more, pushed past the scrub oaks, and ended up knee-deep in a blackberry brambles. That's workwear, pure and simple, worn then because it was drizzly and chilly but I'd be perfectly comfortable wearing the same thing to clean a brace of quail, muck the stalls, or take the terrier out for a cross-country ramble.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
I appreciate the kind words, man, but I don't really consider that anything like CM Casual. Sure, some versions of CM might take a step towards the countryside but this was took three or four more, pushed past the scrub oaks, and ended up knee-deep in a blackberry brambles. That's workwear, pure and simple, worn then because it was drizzly and chilly but I'd be perfectly comfortable wearing the same thing to clean a brace of quail, muck the stalls, or take the terrier out for a cross-country ramble.

While we both agree that "workwear" is a multiverse of it's own. and any fabric or item can be repurposed to fit one's needs, casual clothing being worn by a 100% southern gentleman like yourself? in the way you do it? is not only a Workwear look, but an aesthetic that has grown to be accepted and often imitated by the CM crowd. the "Woodsman/game hunter" look. members like @Cleav have done it well. and he is a permanent fixture of the CM crowd on here. yes, it is workwear. and yes your style appeals to more people than you would think.
nod[1].gif

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics