• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

    Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

    Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The benefits of fasting

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2005
Messages
45,609
Reaction score
54,419
Originally Posted by odoreater
Hey, who moved this to body consciousness? The point of my original post was not that fasting does anything for your physical health per se, but that it helps your mental and spiritual health. I guess it's all related.
So how do I get that elusive six-pack? Should I take large amounts of echinacea mixed with potato juice? kthx
 

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
8,587
Reaction score
45
Originally Posted by gdl203
So how do I get that elusive six-pack? Should I take large amounts of echinacea mixed with potato juice? kthx

lol. I think you should take EGCG + some BCAAs and some CoQ10.
 

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2002
Messages
13,944
Reaction score
10,047
Are you sure that the fasting didn't make you lightheaded?
tounge.gif


Starting a solo practice, particularly in this economy, takes a lot of cajones and entrepreneurial spirit that most lawyers don't have. (Lawyers tend to be the most risk-averse people in any room.) Good luck.
 

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2005
Messages
8,587
Reaction score
45
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
Are you sure that the fasting didn't make you lightheaded?
tounge.gif


Starting a solo practice, particularly in this economy, takes a lot of cajones and entrepreneurial spirit that most lawyers don't have. (Lawyers tend to be the most risk-averse people in any room.) Good luck.


The one thing that practicing at a big firm has stifled most is my entrepreneurial spirit. When I was younger, I ran one business and helped my brother get his business going too - and then, all of a sudden, I sold out and went to work for the man and have been miserable ever since. But yeah, I agree, lawyers are the most risk averse people in the room. I fully expect that when I announce my resignation at my firm I am going to get all kinds of people coming up to me and telling me how crazy I am. But, my philosophy is that if you are unhappy with your current situation, you have to do something about it, or it's not going to change. I almost reached the point where I was ready to leave the law profession entirely, but now I'm feeling passionate about something again. So, hopefully it works. If not, what's the worst that can happen?
 

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Jun 25, 2007
Messages
24,297
Reaction score
439
Originally Posted by odoreater
The one thing that practicing at a big firm has stifled most is my entrepreneurial spirit. When I was younger, I ran one business and helped my brother get his business going too - and then, all of a sudden, I sold out and went to work for the man and have been miserable ever since. But yeah, I agree, lawyers are the most risk averse people in the room. I fully expect that when I announce my resignation at my firm I am going to get all kinds of people coming up to me and telling me how crazy I am. But, my philosophy is that if you are unhappy with your current situation, you have to do something about it, or it's not going to change. I almost reached the point where I was ready to leave the law profession entirely, but now I'm feeling passionate about something again. So, hopefully it works. If not, what's the worst that can happen?
All the very best to you.
 

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

  • Definitely full canvas only

    Votes: 74 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

    Votes: 75 36.8%
  • Really don't care

    Votes: 22 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

    Votes: 35 17.2%
  • Depends on price

    Votes: 35 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads
506,101
Messages
10,586,241
Members
224,109
Latest member
AOK
Top