• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

hitsuji

Reaction score
Model 3 Sports Jacket just arrived from D93 (In a little under 2 days from being shipped on Monday) super pleased with it and just need to get some minor adjustments to it and pleasantly surprised with how nice the Wool/Mohair Hopsack feels.

Any idea what model trousers these are on the product page here? Don't remember seeing any RJ RTW trousers being offered with pleats https://www.thearmoury.com/products...-coat-with-flap-pocket?variant=12077995753543

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good choice. D93's shipping has gotten so ridiculously impressive.

Likely that exact model is long gone, but the new season 4-ply Ring trousers would pair excellently with it.

jeremygo

Reaction score
Model 3 Sports Jacket just arrived from D93 (In a little under 2 days from being shipped on Monday) super pleased with it and just need to get some minor adjustments to it and pleasantly surprised with how nice the Wool/Mohair Hopsack feels.

Any idea what model trousers these are on the product page here? Don't remember seeing any RJ RTW trousers being offered with pleats https://www.thearmoury.com/products...-coat-with-flap-pocket?variant=12077995753543
I have that same jacket actually! I love it. In terms of the trousers, The Armoury usually labels the plain front RJ trousers as "Model A" and the pleated trousers as "Model B," if that helps.

hitsuji

Reaction score
I have that same jacket actually! I love it. In terms of the trousers, The Armoury usually labels the plain front RJ trousers as "Model A" and the pleated trousers as "Model B," if that helps.
Ah Model B is the one! I saw on D93 but sadly didn't have my size but excited to get the jacket out once the sleeves are finished and taking in the waist that tiny bit (and pressing some of the creases from getting shipped flat a few thousand miles away). How have you found the material in colder weather?

jeremygo

Reaction score
Ah Model B is the one! I saw on D93 but sadly didn't have my size but excited to get the jacket out once the sleeves are finished and taking in the waist that tiny bit (and pressing some of the creases from getting shipped flat a few thousand miles away). How have you found the material in colder weather?
Great in Fall/Spring, but I’d probably want something a bit warmer starting in November or so! (I’m in NY and run quite warm though)

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has Armoury changed the fit of the Model 3 over the years? I ask as the measurements on D93 (eg, the Dormeuil flannel posted recently) are nearly the same as for the RJ 253, whereas the Model 3 measurements on the Armoury website suggest a much more generous fit in shoulders and chest.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any of y'all have direct experience with the Ring Model 3 & the official (the made in Italy version) "Armoury" 101/103 models?

Both the 101/103 (the 101 especially) seem distinctly smaller in sizing.

Poomba

Reaction score
Any of y'all have direct experience with the Ring Model 3 & the official (the made in Italy version) "Armoury" 101/103 models?

I wear a 52 in the Ring Model 3, but my MTO 101/103 hybrid (shawl collar 101 with shoulders from 103) tuxedo is a 54

epsilon22

Reaction score

I wear 50 on model 3, but the shoulders are a touch big for me (I'd probably be a size 49 if it existed), and when I tried the 101, size 50 felt just right on the shoulders.

That said, they told me if it were 103, they'd recommend sizing up due to the shoulders, but I didn't try any 103 yet.

I like the 101 shoulders but buttoning stance seemed a bit high compared to my usual model 3s.

epsilon22

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with the RJ Balloon fabric (like on this one)? It felt quite breathable and crease resistant from when I tried one at the store. Would love to hear some long-term experience/feedback from those who own similar jackets.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a Balloon fabric sport coat. It is heavier than a fresco or other similar to fresco hi twist wool, maybe more like a heavier mock Leno. At the same it is very breathable, and wrinkle resistant. I don’t think it would be suitable for a mid-summer hot day due to the weight, but for any other weather it’s appropriate.

Additionally, I’ve traveled with it a couple of times, just folded in my suitcase and it’s never shown a wrinkle

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads