• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

Cidermonk

Reaction score
Anyone here have any experience with the Armoury's tuxedo options?

On the fence about splurging with a MTM Armoury option (e.g. model 104) vs. MTM Kent Wang, however I have no experience with either vendor.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i think they can also do the old Model 1 with tuxedo detail (peak lapel etc) if you want to save a bit

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can vouch for The Armoury RJ MTM program as a whole, not specifically their tux though.

I have several questions:

Ring Jacket (Model 4) or their Made in Italy line (model 101)?

Are you in NY to do an in-person MTM visit to the Armoury? What is the occasion (wedding? yours? someone else's? just to have a tux?)

What is your budget?

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone here have any experience with the Armoury's tuxedo options?

On the fence about splurging with a MTM Armoury option (e.g. model 104) vs. MTM Kent Wang, however I have no experience with either vendor.

I did a KW MTM tux for my wedding, the trousers were significantly off with not enough time to re-order. Luckily, I chose the same fabric as the SuitSupply OTR tuxedos, so it was an easy and unnoticeable swap out.

That being said, The Armoury is likely going to be 2x the cost of a KW MTM tuxedo

If I had known then what I know now, I probably would have saved up a bit more for an Armoury tux

Cidermonk

Reaction score
I can vouch for The Armoury RJ MTM program as a whole, not specifically their tux though.

I have several questions:

Ring Jacket (Model 4) or their Made in Italy line (model 101)?

Are you in NY to do an in-person MTM visit to the Armoury? What is the occasion (wedding? yours? someone else's? just to have a tux?)

What is your budget?
This will be my wedding. I am on a pendulum swinging back and forth between purchasing a tuxedo versus just wearing a navy suit and calling it a day. I would be able to travel to NYC to do in-person MTM. Budget is somewhat flexible.

I have been speaking with the team about options for tuxedos. Any recommendations for a great navy suit for an outdoor wedding in May (likely 70-80 degrees) based on your experience?

Cidermonk

Reaction score
I did a KW MTM tux for my wedding, the trousers were significantly off with not enough time to re-order. Luckily, I chose the same fabric as the SuitSupply OTR tuxedos, so it was an easy and unnoticeable swap out.

That being said, The Armoury is likely going to be 2x the cost of a KW MTM tuxedo

If I had known then what I know now, I probably would have saved up a bit more for an Armoury tux
Yeah, I'd probably be happier just saving the little bit more for the Armoury. I have seen more mixed reviews about Kent Wang recently when compared to older posts.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd probably be happier just saving the little bit more for the Armoury. I have seen more mixed reviews about Kent Wang recently when compared to older posts.

I dont have much to base this off of, but I think the KW product is probably the same as what it was back then...there has just been an increase (in both number and profile) of the number of other options at various price points that operate between KW and the top end of the market like a traditional Savile Row bespoke

That being said, I don't want to gum up The Armoury thread with side talk, so feel free to drop me a DM if you like

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really unfair to KW to compare the two, I'd say. If cost isn't a deciding factor, do Armoury.

As well, if you opt for a plain navy suit, something with a bit of mohair would be fun. Plenty of options out there. Dormeuil's Tonik (I think 2000) is really nice.

I have a 104 tuxedo in RTW. It's an awesome cut. Very flattering while still maintaining a very natural shoulder.

Oh, I guess mine's a Model 4 (Ring), not a 104, if that even exists.

Last edited:

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This will be my wedding. I am on a pendulum swinging back and forth between purchasing a tuxedo versus just wearing a navy suit and calling it a day. I would be able to travel to NYC to do in-person MTM. Budget is somewhat flexible.

I have been speaking with the team about options for tuxedos. Any recommendations for a great navy suit for an outdoor wedding in May (likely 70-80 degrees) based on your experience?

Daytime or nighttime? If daytime, something in the hi twist world would be my recommendation, Fox Air, Fresco, Drapers Ascot etc.

If nighttime, then as @ericgereghty says below, something with a bit of mohair in it.

Really unfair to KW to compare the two, I'd say. If cost isn't a deciding factor, do Armoury.

As well, if you opt for a plain navy suit, something with a bit of mohair would be fun. Plenty of options out there. Dormeuil's Tonik (I think 2000) is really nice.

I have a 104 tuxedo in RTW. It's an awesome cut. Very flattering while still maintaining a very natural shoulder.

Yeah, it is a bit of an apples/oranges comparison.

jeremygo

Reaction score
Picked up a Model 11 sportcoat in an olive herringbone cotton this week (the one from their Mr. Slowboy collaboration). Really loving the fabric/fit. It’s a terrific casual sportcoat.

I work in a very laidback/“creative” workplace and the Model 11 seems like the perfect jacket for that environment - could be dressed up or down very easily.

takashi78

Reaction score
Picked up a Model 11 sportcoat in an olive herringbone cotton this week (the one from their Mr. Slowboy collaboration). Really loving the fabric/fit. It’s a terrific casual sportcoat.

I work in a very laidback/“creative” workplace and the Model 11 seems like the perfect jacket for that environment - could be dressed up or down very easily.

Did you consider getting the matching trousers also?
How do you feel about the color of the stitching?

jeremygo

Reaction score
Unfortunately they were out of the trousers in my size! If they were in stock: I like the way the full suit works on Mark Cho, but I'm not sure I have enough occasions to put on a full cotton suit to justify.

I think the gold stitching is a nice touch that goes well with the brass buttons but it also appears pretty subtle to my eye. Since it's a casual/kinda rugged jacket I quite like it!

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does the lapel width for a model 3 compare with the new model 15? It feels like the model 15 has slightly wider lapels which I quite like.

Do you guys think the model 3 has a lapel width comparable with other Neopolitan jackets or is it a tad trimmer? Interestingly, the model 3 lapel proportions seems to vary depending on the wearer and perhaps in size… some of the gentlemen in HK make the lapels look wider than other.
44191C2C-405E-40C8-B306-1E53080DE450.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads