• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine just inquired about an MTO RJ suit, said the quoted price was $2,800.

Fabric he was considering might've been H&S, but even if so that seems… like $1,000 too much to me.

Anybody have experience and can tell me whether that's realistic?
What did your friend decide? Did he place the order?

jeremygo

Reaction score
Picked up my harbour breeze in navy today with the alterations finished. Planning on wearing as my wedding suit in the fall. Super happy with how it looks - and Alex, Matt, the whole team were so nice to chat with.

330276843_6069767379783343_4150732025160153742_n.jpg
329848049_1560886644322465_5654128017959996067_n.jpg
329646629_517163987215213_6653721182965020533_n.jpg

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up my harbour breeze in navy today with the alterations finished. Planning on wearing as my wedding suit in the fall. Super happy with how it looks - and Alex, Matt, the whole team were so nice to chat with.

View attachment 1893273 View attachment 1893275 View attachment 1893277

Too many problems to count with this suit.

Specifically....ah who am I kidding. Looks almost bespoke. Wear it in good health!

Yaleaaaahhh, where to start??

JK as well. Looks great.

I like the green tie with navy suit too.

My only comment (super minor) either your shirt is just a hair short in the sleeves, or you could take 1/4 off the suit sleeves. It looks like the shirt…

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too many problems to count with this suit.

Specifically....ah who am I kidding. Looks almost bespoke. Wear it in good health!

It's amazing how good OTR can be.

jeremygo

Reaction score
Yaleaaaahhh, where to start??

JK as well. Looks great.

I like the green tie with navy suit too.

My only comment (super minor) either your shirt is just a hair short in the sleeves, or you could take 1/4 off the suit sleeves. It looks like the shirt…
Thanks! Yes, I struggle to get OTR shirts that fit my longish arms just right. Will be aiming to get a few made custom before the wedding.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1893273 View attachment 1893275 View attachment 1893277
Assuming you get some wear out of it pre-wedding, I'd be curious to get your thoughts on the durability (wrinkle resistance, etc) of the cloth.

Edit: love seeing Piranesi on the shelf. Fascinatingly trippy read.
Forgot to mention that Harbor Breeze fabric is excellent. Great wedding (and beyond) suit.
Do you have anything in it? I know it's presented as a Fresco-esque type cloth, but it strikes me as perhaps almost a bit too flowy/soft to be a like for like stand-in.

That said, I'm basing this entirely off of maybe 5 seconds of handling a suit in it when I was in their Tribeca shop, so not necessarily an accurate take by any means.

Last edited:

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Assuming you get some wear out of it pre-wedding, I'd be curious to get your thoughts on the durability (wrinkle resistance, etc) of the cloth.

Do you have anything in it? I know it's presented as a Fresco-esque type cloth, but it strikes me as perhaps almost a bit too flowy/soft to be a like for like stand-in.

That said, I'm basing this entirely off of maybe 5 seconds of handling a suit in it when I was in their Tribeca shop, so not necessarily an accurate take by any means.

I don’t. I am basing my assumptions, on a quick try on. To me it felt like fresco lite, but slightly less scratchy….
I do have a RJ suit in RJ “exclusive” calm twist, which I think is similar. It wears well, very wrinkle resistant.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t. I am basing my assumptions, on a quick try on. To me it felt like fresco lite, but slightly less scratchy….
I do have a RJ suit in RJ “exclusive” calm twist, which I think is similar. It wears well, very wrinkle resistant.
It's definitely dramatically softer to the touch than Fresco. Not a bad thing, of course (most would say that's distinctly a positive!), but also spooks me a bit, likely just because I associate the rigidity with wrinkle resistance.
In any event, would be curious to get insights as it gets some wears!

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nice discussion about the harbour breeze fabric and suit. And looks great on you @jeremygo! I was also looking at this offering from the Armoury among other navy and gray suits they currently have. Nice to know that OTR can also offer a great fit post-alterations. My one quibble is the taper at the hem. I'd prefer at least 8" or more. I'm sort of shopping around or a new suit and this seems to be one way forward.

jeremygo

Reaction score
Nice discussion about the harbour breeze fabric and suit. And looks great on you @jeremygo! I was also looking at this offering from the Armoury among other navy and gray suits they currently have. Nice to know that OTR can also offer a great fit post-alterations. My one quibble is the taper at the hem. I'd prefer at least 8" or more. I'm sort of shopping around or a new suit and this seems to be one way forward.
Thanks! Pretty simple alterations on my end - just let out the jacket waist about 2 cm and then hemmed/cuffed the pants. They didn’t taper the pants at all from how it fit off the rack - but I’m not knowledgable at all about how easy it would be to widen the leg if you wanted that. I’d also say the team in Tribeca was extremely easy to work with and all the alterations they did for me were gratis.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads