• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Architecture Thread

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Takuro Yamamoto
White Cave House
Kanazawa, Japan

Last edited:

evilWagon

Reaction score
Fumihiko Maki
A ******* Pile of ****
Astor Place, New York

I've worked with Maki before and I'd tend to agree. In his defense though that's likely the least interesting of his recent projects and I suspect another case of the client steamrolling his design intent.

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your photos are ******. Take them to the photography thread where we keep all the other ****** photos by ****** photographers. We have standards in here.

Why is this abusive crap tolerated?

Your entire mien in this thread and others is ******. It detracts from anything constructive you're trying to convey. Although I doubt you're trying to convey anything other than pseudointellectualism and raw snobbery.

Tell you what - I'll keep posting my views, and you can post your own. I'll keep responding to your idiocy in a civil but forthright manner. You can continue with the abuse that makes you less and less sympathetic to everyone else here. Or you can block me and continue on. Or you can see if the mods want to ban me based upon your complaints. Fair enough?

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nobody is arguing that temporary structures cannot be important. Nice straw man.

What else was I supposed to get out of the response "WTF is wrong with you?" Is this an attempt at argument or a dick-measuring contest? Or just more of your groupthink snobbery?

The Occupy Wall Street camp did have social significance, and there was an architectural dimension to it. If nothing else it disrupted the surrounding space. I certainly don't laud what happened there as it was clear that they lost the bubble on what they wanted to accomplish, and then in the end forgot that as well. And as I stood there in the middle of the encampment the first thing that came to mind was that I felt like Gulliver. The whole use of the camp as a form of protest debased their argument, and reduced everyone there to Lilliputian thinking. In the end the form dominated everyone's outlook.

These are my opinions. You can attack them without being snotty.

Last edited:

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hayward, for what it's worth, I find the bulk posting of a lengthy, uninterrupted string of photos difficult to take in and thus not particularly engaging. Just my two cents, though.
Jesus, what kind of stupid douche would post a picture with a tree?
;)

I felt some shock therapy was necessary, what can I say?

As for the tree: it's almost like a sick joke. It reminds me of the scene in the film Soylent Green where there's a discussion in what looks to be a poor excuse for an arboretum.

The neighborhood the house is in looks like it could be lively and yet the house walls it off so they can have a fishbowl inside.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score

What else was I supposed to get out of the response "WTF is wrong with you?" Is this an attempt at argument or a dick-measuring contest? Or just more of your groupthink snobbery?

The Occupy Wall Street camp did have social significance, and there was an architectural dimension to it. If nothing else it disrupted the surrounding space. I certainly don't laud what happened there as it was clear that they lost the bubble on what they wanted to accomplish, and then in the end forgot that as well. And as I stood there in the middle of the encampment the first thing that came to mind was that I felt like Gulliver. The whole use of the camp as a form of protest debased their argument, and reduced everyone there to Lilliputian thinking. In the end the form dominated everyone's outlook. 

These are my opinions. You can attack them without being snotty. 

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads