• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Apolis Activism Thread (SS10 and beyond)

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know we have a thread from like April 2008 but that thread wasn't very focused. So let's start an official Apolis Activism thread since there are a lot of fans on the board.

Go here for SS09/FW09. We can find an early lookbook for SS10 at secret forts. Photos below:

Apolis%5FSP10%5Fprint%2D51%2Ejpg

Apolis%5FSP10%5Fprint%2D6%2Ejpg

Apolis%5FSP10%5Fprint%2D7%2Ejpg

Apolis%5FSP10%5Fprint%2D8%2Ejpg

Apolis%5FSP10%5Fprint%2D9%2Ejpg

Apolis%5FSP10%5Fprint%2D11%2Ejpg

Apolis%5FSP10%5Fprint%2D16%2Ejpg

and the obligatory awesome philanthropic collabs:

Apolis%5FSP10%5Fprint%2D13%2Ejpg

Apolis%5FSP10%5Fprint%2D15%2Ejpg

Let's doooooooooooooooo it

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there two SS10 threads? Anyway, I am liking that slubby red stripe t shirt.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
So let's start an official Apolis Activism thread since there are a lot of fans on the board.
lol8[1].gif
I like the brown jacket, chambray shorts, and the faded green button-down. They keep with the workwear/military influences but feel very "spring" to me (duh). Liked the half-zip and grey shirt-jacket a few months back, but now not so much. The half-zip looks like it's from a bargain retailer, unfortunately.

garmis

Reaction score
I'm a sucker for philanthropy collabs.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also like the grey officer trousers. I have a pair of their black utility trousers on their way to me, and I am wishing I had been able to find them in charcoal. The details on their shirts are great. I just wish that they didn't fit quite so boxy.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
I also like the grey officer trousers. I have a pair of their black utility trousers on their way to me, and I am wishing I had been able to find them in charcoal.

Same here, I like the fit on their utility trousers and went nuts trying to find them in charcoal. Settled on a brown pair which I've worn consistently this FW.

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
I just wish that they didn't fit quite so boxy.

Me either. I would be really excited for the light green button down if not for that. I do like the belts though.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How did you size them, breakz? I found Context's measurements to be a bit small and had to exchange. Stretched denim on me usually fits with an actual waist of 34-35", so I ordered the 34W trousers. I figured they wouldn't stretch like denim.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ultimately went with my true waist size. Context's measurements are definitely small--I originally ordered 33s (+1 from waist) but they were too big. Exchanged them for 32s and liked the fit. Sounds like you should take 34s, zissou. The utility trousers are a great change-of-pace from my slim denim. They're straight but not too baggy and I like the back pocket design (large enough to fit a small notebook) and triple stitching. I won't get them in another color but I have no regrets buying them at full-price a few months back.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Didn't you hear, SF has turned its back on Apolis

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^only if you are the type of person who gets upset if someone else has what you have.

cool, thanks, breakz.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
That white with blue dot tee looks exactly like something from last year (I think Kenzo Minami?) except with the random denim accents

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads