• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I ordered my Shaker Heights MTO during the Return to America via a short trip to the Dominican sale and received the sale price of the Shaker plus the MTO fee to do the boot...So I think if it is a current model they will honor it even for a single MTO. Anything discontinued or clearance they will not.

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered my Shaker Heights MTO during the Return to America via a short trip to the Dominican sale and received the sale price of the Shaker plus the MTO fee to do the boot...So I think if it is a current model they will honor it even for a single MTO. Anything discontinued or clearance they will not.

This is how I have been charged also.

And the mto fee for my first 15+ items was $125, now is $110.

It seems the mto option is getting a fair amount of attention, so any of this might change, but...

The Long Branches at the moment represent some incredible choices for new builds with only a $110 mto fee
$375 'your way' suede? CXL? Oxblood?

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Newbie here. I just wanted to share a few pics of my Brown Grain EC. Thanks once again Dale for making this happen! I'm so glad you convinced me to get the grain instead of the merlot. It looks great! I can't wait to start wearing it. I only started the AE addiction 9 months ago and this is my 17th pair! Most of my shoes are from the shoebank and this is my first GMTO (or MTO).

By the way, would you guys apply the AE cleaner/conditioner & dark brown polish before wearing this? Thanks!

I have many regrets not jumping on this GMTO, especially since now Im now in the market for a Winter Kicker boot :(

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wait, sale prices apply to MTOs?  There's a whole world here I'm not understanding.

It's really up to AE's discretion. But yes, they have done it in the past. I got my Black Shell Harrison's and Cappuccino Shell Jeffersons at RDA prices. I believe that the recent GMTOs that took place during the RDA sale also got such discounts.

-Mike

Yes, we managed to get the burgundy shell strands GMTO,which wasn't in the first batch of GMTOs, on the RDA price.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Newbie here. I just wanted to share a few pics of my Brown Grain EC. Thanks once again Dale for making this happen! I'm so glad you convinced me to get the grain instead of the merlot. It looks great! I can't wait to start wearing it. I only started the AE addiction 9 months ago and this is my 17th pair! Most of my shoes are from the shoebank and this is my first GMTO (or MTO). By the way, would you guys apply the AE cleaner/conditioner & dark brown polish before wearing this? Thanks!
LL
You're very much welcome alexdell! Those boots look great! I wore mine w/o applying anything, but if you have squeaking on the tongue, some leather lotion or leather condition/cleaner will help mute the sound. Also if you plan on using it against rain/slush then a light coat of polish would help.

AllenEdmondsATL

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I just received the different color samples in the store for the trunk show and thought I'd share with you all.

I just took this with my cell phone but the colors look pretty true. Left to right that is Green, Blue, Natural and Brown.

We do still have some openings for each color on the pre-order list.

You can either PM me or email the store directly and reference the styleforum at [email protected]
Alternately you can call the store directly at 404-665-0149...be sure to mention StyleForum!

Cheers :)
Joshua

garland

Reaction score

91foxbody

Reaction score
Man I really, really, really regret passing on the grain EC's. I hope someone puts together another order of those.

Shoes4play

Reaction score
Yes, we managed to get the burgundy shell strands GMTO,which wasn't in the first batch of GMTOs, on the RDA price.

Speaking of that burgundy shell Strand GMTO, how long does it normally take to receive a GMTO? This is my first GMTO and I can't wait to see that box at my doorstep.

rostov

Reaction score
I have many regrets not jumping on this GMTO, especially since now Im now in the market for a Winter Kicker boot :(

I regret getting stuck in a downpour with mine today...
tinfoil.gif

Yet, that's what they are, my maybe-bad-weather boots. Still, I really wish I had put on the bean boots instead....

tjyoung

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I just received the different color samples in the store for the trunk show and thought I'd share with you all.

I just took this with my cell phone but the colors look pretty true. Left to right that is Green, Blue, Natural and Brown.

We do still have some openings for each color on the pre-order list.

You can either PM me or email the store directly and reference the styleforum at [email protected]
Alternately you can call the store directly at 404-665-0149...be sure to mention StyleForum!

Cheers :)
Joshua

I'm really not a shell guy (30 pairs, none shell), but that green is gorgeous.

fairlynerdy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK guys, I'm going to hit the Boston SS trunk show tomorrow (anyone else going around noon?) and am considering breaking my purchase ban to get a casual blucher in natural shell. Can anyone talk me into or out of a:

Jomoc
Natural shell
Brass eyelets
Reverse split chili welt
Light brown edging
Contrast piping, similar in color to the light brown edging

Last edited:

stevefok

Reaction score
OK guys, I'm going to hit the Boston SS trunk show tomorrow (anyone else going around noon?) and am considering breaking my purchase ban to get a casual blucher in natural shell. Can anyone talk me into or out of a:

Jomoc
Natural shell
Brass eyelets
Reverse split chili welt
Light brown edging
Contrast piping, similar in color to the light brown edging

It sounds fantastic!! Go for it! What sole do you plan to use on your jomoc?

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Newbie here, though I have scrolled through the EC GMTO pics couple of times. They are all awesome and inspiring enough for me to join this forum.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads