1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mdubs, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Distinguished Member

Welcome aboard...

2. AllenEdmondsATL

AllenEdmondsATL Active Member

Good morning, All!

The shell cordovan trunk show is coming up soon and I just got an email from the person in charge of the events last night. We've had such high demand for this particular series of MTOs that production is altering the scheduled shipment date to 1/14/15. (2 extra weeks to fulfill all the orders)

Just think of it as a delayed Christmas gift...to yourself :)

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly and I'm happy to help where I can.
    PM :: [email protected] :: 404-665-0149

Cheers,
    Joshua

3. ultravisitor

ultravisitor Senior Member

Wait. Does that apply to the orders from the shows that have already occurred, as well? I went to the Chicago show and ordered mine at that time.

4. AndyC

AndyC Senior Member

The completion and ship date per my emails with Ryan is 12/22. 1/14/15 would be 3+ weeks from original date.

5. AllenEdmondsATL

AllenEdmondsATL Active Member

Yep, for the 4 shows that have already taken place the 12/22 date is being honored. For the shows taking place today forward, they are giving the 1/14 date. I spoke with the folks in charge to ask the same questions and they said they feel better about moving the date back a few weeks than trying to promise the earlier ship-date and disappointing people.

The MTOs could come faster, but they don't want to set expectations they aren't 100% sure they can meet.

Cheers,
    Joshua
    PM :: [email protected] :: 404-665-0149

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014

6. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior Member

Hmm...that means I probably should have ordered at the MN trunk show (local to me) this past weekend instead of pre-ordering from the Boston store last week (their show is today). Oh well, what's another 3 weeks when it comes to MTO shoes? I just hope that they comes out correctly the first time.

7. AndyC

AndyC Senior Member

Thanks for the clarification, Joshua!

8. Burzan

Burzan Distinguished Member

I'm not going to lie, I hope some seconds show up in my size from the Trunk Show MTOs haha

9. gatszu

gatszu Senior Member

When and where is the last trunk show? Thanks!

10. garland

garland Senior Member

Sounds awesome! What exactly are you referring to when you say contrast piping?

11. lemmy127

lemmy127 Senior Member

Being a 13B/C, I'm just crossing all my fingers and toes that there's some left over from the trunk shows that I can MTO in late December when I can actually afford something. I don't have much hope though.

12. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Distinguished Member

I like this makeup...and this shoe....

I believe. He means the edge of the eyelet area...look at the rush st I believe they have contrast piping

13. Burzan

Burzan Distinguished Member

Yea it's either shoebank or hoping the things I have for sale move soon. I am thinking of posting a pair of Patriot loafers for sale right away to maybe free up some funds. The more I see that natural and bottle green the more crazy I get haha. Might have to move some things to eBay and try my luck.

Anyone know when the last day you could place orders would be? It's really tough to pass on this opportunity.

14. gatszu

gatszu Senior Member

What is everyone getting in bottle green shell?

Strand or Dundee in bottle green? I feel like Dundee might be too much green? The brogues on the strand may diffuse the green a little bit? Any thoughts? Trying hard to convince myself not to get either.

15. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Distinguished Member

I'm not getting anything, but the two things that come immediately to mind for me are the MacNeil (there was a picture of it from one of the stores) and a captoe boot, such as the First Avenue or maybe the Eagle County. I think those two are perfect, for some reason.