• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Alden Buy, Sell, Trade (B/S/T) Thread

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Our daughters' piano teacher is Japanese. She would wear the most precarious heels walking outside, but upon entering our house, she would remove them and put on Japanese house slippers. She carried a bag specifically for her heels, not too different than the shoe bags that come with Aldens. She hasn't come to our house in about a year due to the pandemic.

Around the house, I wear smartwool socks when it's cold out and no-show cotton sport socks in the warmer months. My wife wears uggs shearling slippers year round (probably the best gift I ever got her). My daughters go barefoot. Seems we all have different foot temperatures in my household.
Shoes here, due to "medical" necessity, but otherwise socks or felt slippers. It doesn't matter, wear what you like, like what you wear is my mantra.

jab296

Reaction score
WTB: Indy Boots in good condition, size 10D.

Located in eastern USA. Not interested in suede versions, but other than that open to the various options (leather and sole type, for example)

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys - 4pairs for sale (one Grant Stone). Ultimately I will take another stab at SF B&S before going to the Bay but posting here to see if any interest. Not entertaining offers unless it is to purchase multiple pairs. From left to right.......

1. Plain toe full strap color 8, 9D on Aberdeen. No longer available as the retailer has gone out of business. No wears since coming back from Alden recraft. $325.
  2. Loden Suede Loafers from Grant Stone. Unworn, not sure about last but easy enough to find out. Size 8.5E - unworn. $225
  3. Brogue special make of Color 8 / Alpine Grain. Barrie last 8.5D - maybe 5 wears. Note small stain on back of shoes from darkening the antique welt. Will likely come off over time but wanted to point it out - $300.
  4. Brooks Brothers color 8 fullstrap with the coveted piping on the heel. Aberdeen size 9D. Professional installed topy added. $325.
20210404_ForSale1.jpg
20210404_ForSale2.jpg
20210404_ForSale3.jpg

Attachments

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Decided to list my Cigar U Tips for sale to free up some room. Size 9e on 379x with only a couple of wears on them. These are a lovely shade of Cigar with some truly amazing olive undertones. Couple of small blemishes from a few run ins with my desk chair that I tried to highlight in the photos. Feel free to send me a message if you're interested. Thanks!

View attachment 1569607View attachment 1569604View attachment 1569608View attachment 1569605View attachment 1569606
Quick bump. Feel free to send me an offer on these if interested

chiggyv

Reaction score
Selling a pair of Alden 925 NSTs in Brown Calf, size 11.5C. Asking $75 USD + shipping from Toronto.

Fresh off an Alden Restoration
Double oak leather outsoles
Dovetailed heels
Full glove leather lined
Pure vegetable tanned leather insoles
Barrie Last

Attachments

Sogobilly

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Any interest in these Tricker's Grassmere Country Boots?

Brand new, no wear or tear. Im hoping to trade for something equally as robust and beautiful. Other Tricker's, White's MPs, Crocket and Jones, Alden, etc......

Im selling out right at $380 shipped, CONUS only. Hoping for a trade instead.

The Details:
  • Maker/Model: Tricker's Grassmere
  • Size: 10.5UK (11.5US)
  • Leather: Black Zug Grain
  • Sole: Commando
  • Price: TRADE
  • Wears/Condition: new. 1 wear in doors only

Attachments

vnguyen_md

Reaction score
Selling a few things:

8.5D Alden Barrie CXL Derbys from Jcrew (NIB) $400 shipped
8.5 Viberg 2030 Mushroom Reverse Chamois PTB boot (NIB) $650 shipped
8UK Carmina Oscar Russian Hatch Grain (Baker Tannery) with Ridgeway Soles (NIB / F2-small cut on leather) $300 shipped
7.5UK wide Carmina Rain Black Calf Chealsea boot / JR soles / taps (NIB - tried on a few times only) $400 shipped

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What Is The Best Value Shoe Brand For Money?

• Meermin

Votes: 32 15.7%
  • TLB Mallorca

Votes: 34 16.7%
  • Cheaney

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Carmina

Votes: 31 15.2%
  • Crockett & Jones

Votes: 34 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 68 33.3%