• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm so ******* sick of my AAPL stock. I've held it for 1.5 years at this point and want to get ******* rid of it. I wish it traded at AMZN's P/E ratio :nodding:.

I recently sold of KO with the same feeling, I made money owning it, but it was a real slacker by comparison to my other stocks.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Really, that should always be the question, because it's essentially what you're doing.

That's rye. Well said.

I wouldn't buy AAPL today. The management is not too interested in shareholders and the company, regardless of its history, is not really a growth company anymore.

They had a chance to buy NFLX and even TSLA to do something transformative but they didn't. There aren't any products in the pipe I can see game changing the company. Its basically about collecting a dividend and watching it sell phones and tablets. Until that changes its going to play between 520 and 580.

GF... I would dump it. There are a host of better plays right now where you could start recouping that loss.

Last edited:

TiberiasUSA

Reaction score
thinking of doing a small position long puts for scty and tsla thoughts?

they have momo going for them short term not convinced on valuation long term.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the casual investor is jumping in TSLA for this recent run up and smart money is taking the profits and looking elsewhere. But then again I don't know their backlog of people wanting the buy a Model S that is still in production.

TiberiasUSA

Reaction score
True, think I'll short scty with long puts instead. Both to me are overvalued but scty I think safer just waiting for a good entry point hopefully will be cheaper as it gets to 100. 7.2billion is a high given their revenue, fslr valued less is a little puzzling to me

edit ended up deciding to just allocate a bit in both once they get close to 100 and 300. Wish me luck :)

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
TD Ameritrade is not doing well with reporting return on what happened to Vodaphone this week.

They spun off their Verizon shares as a dividend and then the stock went through a 6:11 split.
So now I hold some VZ, but less VOD
However they didn't change the cost basis on VOD and they seem to have set the VZ cost basis to the price on the day of the spinoff.

So it looks like I lost a bunch of money on VOD and then lost a little money on VZ (which has gone down since monday) when in reality, my cost on the VZ shares was zero, so they are all gain (or really, their value should be offset against the cost basis of VOD since it is equivalent to selling some VOD to buy VZ).

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think the casual investor is jumping in TSLA for this recent run up and smart money is taking the profits and looking elsewhere.  But then again I don't know their backlog of people wanting the buy a Model S that is still in production.

Not sure. I think there is a lot of fast money there, but MS came out with a $350 target. There is a large amount of institutional money there.

I agree, there are retail investors there but its too broadly traded with different types of investors.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think the casual investor is jumping in TSLA for this recent run up and smart money is taking the profits and looking elsewhere.  But then again I don't know their backlog of people wanting the buy a Model S that is still in production.

As I understand it, this recent runup was more about the new battery plant.

Whether or not that is a good idea, I have no idea but it doesn't seem to be related to the Model S .

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads