• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So anyone researching weed stocks?

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I'm sure there's a lot of primary research being done. Whether the analyst can remember to write down his findings is another question.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm sure there's a lot of primary research being done. Whether the analyst can remember to write down his findings is another question.

It was a serious question :embar:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You wanted mcig right? Really wished I bought but didn't realized it jump 7 cents to 20 cents then I thought it was too much :facepalm:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You wanted mcig right? Really wished I bought but didn't realized it jump 7 cents to 20 cents then I thought it was too much :facepalm:

I was the one who wanted to buy mcig.

TD Ameritrade wouldn't let me trade it without going through a live broker for whatever reason...I didn't want to pay that much money to open a relatively small position so I gave up on it.

Too bad...looks like it would have been worth the transaction costs.

Last edited:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've never bought an OTC stock before -- how does it work?

I kinda want to open a small position in a marijuana stock.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I've never bought an OTC stock before -- how does it work?

I kinda want to open a small position in a marijuana stock.

With every other one I have bought...it worked like any other trade.

With mCig, they would throw an error saying that opening transactions must be placed through a broker. Not really sure why (and I doubt every brokerage does this, although I googled it and found reference to eTrade doing it too)...yeah it is a volatile penny stock in a questionable market, but it can't be any shittier than some of the other penny stocks out there.

Should have just done it...the fee for broker-assisted trades is high, but I probably could have tried to get them to waive it since I was forced to make it through the broker.

Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I bought a little. What the hell.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I traded a couple penny stocks through Scottrade I had to incur a fee if the stock was <$1. It wasn't anything huge but depending on your position side you had to factor that cost into the trade as well as I think it was a percentage and not just a flat fee.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looking to buy FB.

And dare I say... TSLA? I wanna ride dat momentum!

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Looking to buy FB.

And dare I say... TSLA? I wanna ride dat momentum!

You're pretty late to both parties. Be prepared to ride the dips until they reach new levels. FB just finished a major move. TSLA may have a little run left in it.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You're pretty late to both parties. Be prepared to ride the dips until they reach new levels. FB just finished a major move. TSLA may have a little run left in it.

I'm looking to get into FB at under $65 so I set some price triggers. Hoping to get in before the next earnings release.

As for TSLA.. man I have no words for this stock. It defies all logic and reason. I'd be scared to get in right now as I think the downside risk is much, much higher right now. But I was saying that at $140, too.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I bought a little. What the hell.

I just bought 750 shares for fun (all the cash I had in my account). It might be priced too high now although it could go higher. TD Ameritrade for whatever reason is no longer requiring a broker to initiate a position.

Of course when I first wanted to buy it, it was only 7c a share....I was probably going to buy $500-$1000 worth which would now be worth up to $7500 which would have been worth the $44.99 fee for trading with a broker.

crispeta

Reaction score

As for TSLA.. man I have no words for this stock. It defies all logic and reason. I'd be scared to get in right now as I think the downside risk is much, much higher right now. But I was saying that at $140, too.

Would have thought the same at 140; fortunately picked it up in the 120s.. :slayer:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads