• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
Makes sense that an Architech would find comfort in real estate RSS.
It does offer comfort for me. And while the capital is exposed to risk ... the income is relatively assured.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think I will follow this thread closely to get a better idea of what stocks to short in the coming weeks.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lol, you are such a smartass. I dont think i'm too far off the mark, but if I am feel free to tell me.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lol, you are such a smartass. I dont think i'm too far off the mark, but if I am feel free to tell me.

No, I don't think you are too far off the mark at all Skinny. I'd love to see what your post was before you edited it, lulz..

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
No, I don't think you are too far off the mark at all Skinny. I'd love to see what your post was before you edited it, lulz..

LOL, It was not nearly as terrible as you think, just added the second sentence. Glad you dont think i'm too far off, I like to double check myself alot these days just by seeing how some of the more established investors feel about the current state of affairs.

Crane's

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL, It was not nearly as terrible as you think, just added the second sentence. Glad you dont think i'm too far off, I like to double check myself alot these days just by seeing how some of the more established investors feel about the current state of affairs.
Shaky ground and I'm not in love with my portfolio. I'll take a cash position instantly if I don't like what I see. I did this in the Fall of 07 after I finished the last custom home we built. In the blink of an eye there was nothing to build anymore. It was weird going through 200 and 300 home subdivisions with only a handful of homes actually being occupied. I knew something was really wrong but everything "looked" good. Everyone said I was nuts but a year later the walls came tumbling down.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't necessarily want to have cash over assets, but I hold a lot of cash (on a % basis) by comparison to some of the others that I know of.

Construction is starting to happen around me again, though far from the level it was in 2006-2007, but I feel that things are improving, in 5-10 years we'll be ready for the next crisis.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
Remind me to tell you of the time I shorted Enron and Crox at their 52 week highs!!
bigstar[1].gif

Tell me about it. What caused you to short Enron, were you far smarter than the average investor/investment banker/ratings agency analyst or pure luck?

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Tell me about it. What caused you to short Enron, were you far smarter than the average investor/investment banker/ratings agency analyst or pure luck?

This is a long running inside joke I have with myself. Whenever I hear of anyone's stock market success I always bring up some insane market story to trump it. Although I really wanted to go long on F at $1.01. I knew they weren't going BK, hell the CEO came on Squawk Box and said as much.

So no, I'm not smarter than any average investor.

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone in here ever bought and sold options? I have always heard about it but recently had a friend of the family explain it to me in a way I could understand. If anyone had websites, books, or any place I could expand my knowledge on the subject it would be greatly appreciated.

CP

Stewbone

Reaction score
Bought some continental resources today (CLR). Been trying to get a lower price ever since I heard about the Bakken Shale but it keeps going up. Then Obama came out today and talked about the importance of drilling domesticly...

james_gsx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cpmac7
Anyone in here ever bought and sold options? I have always heard about it but recently had a friend of the family explain it to me in a way I could understand. If anyone had websites, books, or any place I could expand my knowledge on the subject it would be greatly appreciated.

CP

Thinkorswim has decent resources, along with several examples of trades you can follow. You can download their demo account and get a feel for it with paper money.

To be honest though, I feel it's a lose-lose game for most retail traders. There are too many variables to hurt you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads