• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think I'm a lunatic and a glutton for punishment. STILL holding onto my GLUU shares, through all this volatility.

CK Zombies released last month was Glu's biggest hit, until Blood & Glory came out a few days ago and shattered CKZ's new record.

Rogue Racing, Infected, and especially Nightworld (a Metal Gear Solid looking game with story by James Frey who is writing supporting novels) look like very promising IP coming out this quarter.

Kinda surprised Blood & Glory is doing so well, so I gave it a shot on my iPhone and have to say, I'm hooked on this stupid game.

IMO Glu is going to have a blowout quarter and this stock will finally run in Q1 2012....unless Europe has its own version of Bloody & Glory in the streets.

edit: Not to mention, Zynga IPO can be a trader's catalyst for GLUU, and likely will be. May have to take some profits if this sucker goes parabolic due to Zynga.

ACTC looking good, GPXM looking good, AMRN finally starting to run on volume today looks like.

I'm still down overall, but quite happy w/ my picks and don't mind holding through all this mess.

Last edited:

NameBack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, are we in full-in crash mode yet or what?

Seeing German and French yields getting hit the way they are is pretty surely a sign of the end of the EZ, as I see it.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was just looking back at that LNKD thread, damn I'm good. Oh, it hits the $50's before years end.

Saltricks

Reaction score
What do you tell yourself when you sold too early, and your funds aren't cleared for the next big rally? :(

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So many sales starting and I'm losing so much money. Really wish I cashed out last month, hindsight is 20/20 though

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So many sales starting and I'm losing so much money. Really wish I cashed out last month, hindsight is 20/20 though

Don't worry at least there won't be any year end tax loss selling.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What do you tell yourself when you sold too early, and your funds aren't cleared for the next big rally? :(

call your broker?

I have not tried it since ToS was finally absorbed all of the way into TD Ameritrade, but I used to be able to clear funds by going into the live-chat customer support and asking them to make the funds available.

It slightly saved ****** when a stop-order dumped all of my apple shares in the flash crash...I still got fucked but I was able to clear the funds and buy something else before the prices recovered completely. They are just insistent that you don't day trade...but as long as you weren't using it in ways that looked like a pattern day trader, they were happy to clear the funds.

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, are we in full-in crash mode yet or what?
Seeing German and French yields getting hit the way they are is pretty surely a sign of the end of the EZ, as I see it.

UK yields are widening as well. S&P is still 3% higher than my risk on/off indicator before they converge, wont be surprised if it breaks 1100. No one is willing to carry any risk into this extended weekend with all the potential blow ups across the pond. Lots of HF are still sitting on the sidelines but some increased their exposure after missing October.

If Tilson goes full marsupial on the long side, its time to short the **** out of him.

Saltricks

Reaction score
uncleared funds was a blessing in disguise, stock corrected itself and took a nose dive. Time for re-entry :)

Contingency Plan

Reaction score
Don't know how you guys can handle day trading - intraday prices are essentially random and you find yourself F5'ing the stock price every 5 minutes.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Don't know how you guys can handle day trading - intraday prices are essentially random and you find yourself F5'ing the stock price every 5 minutes.

Live streaming and Level II quotes my man!

NameBack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woot, that first live-money position on the algo that was looking so ****** finally turned around today! Closed it out with a final gain of about 2%.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Woot, that first live-money position on the algo that was looking so ****** finally turned around today! Closed it out with a final gain of about 2%.

2% overall or today?

Slept in a bit and by the time I woke up, was already too late to make the trades I was debating Friday.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Facebook looking at valuation of...100 Billion!

I'll short that **** down to a nickel!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads