• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The way oil prices jump and tank based on stupid reports and inventory levels is quite frankly absurd. We should have a much better gauge of just how much slack there is.

Monday: oil supply unexpectedly grew by 1 million barrels, price tanks 3-4%
Friday: baker Hughes reports rig counts dropped by 100, price shots up 6%

So ******* stupid.
It is likely because there are no new serious long investors, just people playing vol now.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I could have buffet's billions and not really make much of a wave in oil.

stocks just fell lock a rock except BAC, WFC and oil

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm gonna buy me some TWTR. Just a hundred shares to start to build my position over time.

Last edited:

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
errr.... shouldn't you have done that this morning when it was 10%+ down? :)

Hell, I'm waiting for it to hit 32 so I can sell it all off and be done with this one haaa. It's been a bumpy ride under 30 for the past few months and even though it looks like they may finally be turning things around I'm getting ready to just get out and move on.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Just be sure to reinvest dose dividends. :)

You must have the TWTR.A shares dat pay dem dividends..

--

In other news...

brokencycle

Reaction score
I really hate how every(?) stock chart skews the stock price view. At first glance, that stock looks like it went completely bust, but it only dropped 15%. I wish they would have the y-axis much wider than the range of the stock price in the view.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I really hate how every(?) stock chart skews the stock price view.  At first glance, that stock looks like it went completely bust, but it only dropped 15%.  I wish they would have the y-axis much wider than the range of the stock price in the view.

Well when you're looking at the 1-day chart, it only makes sense to keep the y axis values range bound between the opening price and the closing price values.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads