• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jeroen Vriend

Reaction score
You can order the waistcoat ofline. Just send them email with your request.

Last edited:

ferdsje

Reaction score

Anyone has tried this Washington? My size (36s) it's not avaliable, shoul i try 36r (wich it's much tight at the waist), or 37s, (which it's supposed to be bigger for me)?

Snaap

Reaction score
Hi, I was looking into getting a SS suit and tried one (Lazio size 40) on but felt like the jacket was to long (I'm 5' 9'') for me, despite beeing to tight in the neck area.
Now I ordered the Napoli fit in the same size, the website recommended the normal length this time arround.

I'm sure some people here are around my height, what was your experience with suitsupply suits, did you (have to) buy short or were you doing fine with the regular length? (And what fit did you go for?)

Also: I have rather broad neck, shoulders and chest and can't really figure out which suit might be better suited for me from their website. After looking through all of their sizing it seems like Napoli is the widest in the back and neck area - is this accurate?

Last edited:

theplayerking

Reaction score
Hi, I was looking into getting a SS suit and tried one (Lazio size 50) on but felt like the jacket was to long (I'm 5' 9'') for me, despite beeing to tight in the neck area.
Now I ordered the Napoli fit in the same size, the website recommended the normal length this time around.

I'm 5'9" and wear a 38S in the Lazio.

jamie411

Reaction score

The windowpane lazio doesn't say that it is flannel, but it looks like it has to be. 

I tried one on in the Georgetown store (must've been an online return, as it was the only one in the store), I'm pretty sure it wasn't flannel but did have a rougher hand, so not a smooth wool.

In general, I think flannel would be a poor choice for anyone who lives somewhere that's warm year-round. It would likely see minimal wear.

Lakersfan24

Reaction score

@Lakersfan24
 I don't think you need a different size, the suit looks like it's the right size. Your right arm looks to hang lower than your left. If showing a little more shirt cuff on the right vs. the left is okay with you, then I think the sleeve length is fine. There is a little bit of roll in the fabric in the back of the neck. That can be removed with an alteration, however I don't think it's one that absolutely needs to be done. If you don't like the appearance it can be done, if it doesn't bother you I think you're fine.

Overall the suit fits well, 46L is a good size for you!

As far as removing the base stitching from the jacket, that shouldn't make much if any difference in the silhouette of the jacket.

Thanks, I like the suit.

You know what, I never really even thought about it but one bit of shirt cuff does show more on all the suits I've ever had lol. I kinda wanna fix that.

I'm worried that the jacket may be a little too loose around the waist. I was hoping for a more tailored look from the front. Is this possible?

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
I tried one on in the Georgetown store (must've been an online return, as it was the only one in the store), I'm pretty sure it wasn't flannel but did have a rougher hand, so not a smooth wool.

In general, I think flannel would be a poor choice for anyone who lives somewhere that's warm year-round. It would likely see minimal wear.

I'm guessing you tried this one, which has been described on here as rough. I actually don't like the way this one looks.

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suit...v1=Check&prefn2=styleFit&prefv2=Classic-Lazio

I was talking about his one, which is bad ass. If you take a look at the fabric close up it is almost certainly flannel. This one is also very new. It blows the other out of the water in my opinion.

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suit...v1=Check&prefn2=styleFit&prefv2=Classic-Lazio

Last edited:

mrdapperdan1

Reaction score
I was looking for a blue jacket to pair with some dark blue trousers. I went to Woodbury Commons in NY and looked around but didn't find anything I liked. I did see a nice Zegna jacket for $1700 (price after sale) and while the material was very nice, it looked like it would need some alterations. Stopped by Canali and Brioni but nothing really worked for me. Having heard about SuitSupply on this forum, I decided to head to the city and went to the SoHo location. My observations:

• Definitely a "style" vibe but nothing that felt over the top - these are suits/jackets I would wear (and I am in my mid-40's)
  • Surprisingly wide variety of clothing - I looked primarily at jackets and suits (no opinion on pants, shirts, ties, etc.)
  • The cut is perfect for my body type - I am on the lean side so "typical" suits need a lot of taking in but very little adjustments needed with the SuitSupply suits
  • Knowledgeable salespeople but it does pay to go when they are less busy
  • I told the salesperson "I want a single breasted, notch lapel...and am overwhelmed by the various choice's/styles" - he sized me up and very confidently picked out the Lazio and Siena
  • I tried them both - they fit really well for me and I would buy them without hesitating
  • The La Spalla looked and felt really nice - I would personally pick that over buying the Lazio/Siena...assuming I needed only one suit
  • I ended up picking up the blue Havana jacket - really like the style and cut and it worked will with the trousers I have

Interestingly, I took the Havana along with a couple of other jackets to my tailor for alterations. He was very impressed by the Havana - both the fit and the finish (even before I told him the price). In the end it didn't look like any alteration was needed (I might take it back to let the sleeves out a 1/4").

So overall, very impressed and pleased with SuitSupply. I may give Knot Standard, Oliver Wicks, and Thick as Thieves a look if I decide to go the MTM route.

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
I was looking for a blue jacket to pair with some dark blue trousers. I went to Woodbury Commons in NY and looked around but didn't find anything I liked. I did see a nice Zegna jacket for $1700 (price after sale) and while the material was very nice, it looked like it would need some alterations. Stopped by Canali and Brioni but nothing really worked for me. Having heard about SuitSupply on this forum, I decided to head to the city and went to the SoHo location. My observations:

• Definitely a "style" vibe but nothing that felt over the top - these are suits/jackets I would wear (and I am in my mid-40's)
  • Surprisingly wide variety of clothing - I looked primarily at jackets and suits (no opinion on pants, shirts, ties, etc.)
  • The cut is perfect for my body type - I am on the lean side so "typical" suits need a lot of taking in but very little adjustments needed with the SuitSupply suits
  • Knowledgeable salespeople but it does pay to go when they are less busy
  • I told the salesperson "I want a single breasted, notch lapel...and am overwhelmed by the various choice's/styles" - he sized me up and very confidently picked out the Lazio and Siena
  • I tried them both - they fit really well for me and I would buy them without hesitating
  • The La Spalla looked and felt really nice - I would personally pick that over buying the Lazio/Siena...assuming I needed only one suit
  • I ended up picking up the blue Havana jacket - really like the style and cut and it worked will with the trousers I have

Interestingly, I took the Havana along with a couple of other jackets to my tailor for alterations. He was very impressed by the Havana - both the fit and the finish (even before I told him the price). In the end it didn't look like any alteration was needed (I might take it back to let the sleeves out a 1/4").

So overall, very impressed and pleased with SuitSupply. I may give Knot Standard, Oliver Wicks, and Thick as Thieves a look if I decide to go the MTM route.

I think you'll find Kent Wang is the more highly recommended MTM over the companies you mentioned. If you're in NY they are especially ideal.

Dingusberry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can I fold the suitbag, which comes with the suit when you buy it from the store, and then put it in the suitcase or should I fold it like this:
without the suitbag
?

theplayerking

Reaction score
Apropos the new flannels, I was in the Soho store this afternoon and fell in love with the new Lazio in quasi-glen plaid flannel check. I’ve never owned a flannel suit (only sport coats) and was not planning on getting one. The fabric is so thick it can easily be worn a separates with worsteds. The check matches perfectly on the one I got—something they don’t always get right with the windowpanes.

MoNum

Reaction score
Sorry quick question about sizing.

I've perused this large thread.

I'm not near a brick and mortar store. I'm usually a 38R (closer to a 39R) for most fits. Shoulders don't fit skinny 38R but ok for regular ones (for example Canali 13000 and 15000 and most Samuelsohn models fit ok at 38R).

I looked at the shoulder measurements online and 38R in most models is 17.7. Is this true to size when trying the jackets on?

I think I may need to size up and get a 40R and tailor everything else.

Or should I just order both and return whatever one doesn't fit.

Thanks

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members