• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

doodledoc

Reaction score
Sorry quick question about sizing.

I've perused this large thread.

I'm not near a brick and mortar store. I'm usually a 38R (closer to a 39R) for most fits. Shoulders don't fit skinny 38R but ok for regular ones (for example Canali 13000 and 15000 and most Samuelsohn models fit ok at 38R).

I looked at the shoulder measurements online and 38R in most models is 17.7. Is this true to size when trying the jackets on?

I think I may need to size up and get a 40R and tailor everything else.

Or should I just order both and return whatever one doesn't fit.

Thanks
Order both and return what doesn't fit. SuitSupply has horrendous quality control when it comes to measurements. I have 3 napoli suits, which have 3 different shoulder sizes: 18'', 18.5'', and 19''. You should get both because you don't know how it will fit.

They offer free return shipping so the only burdens are putting it back into the suit coffin and mailing it..

ebayhtl

Reaction score

Can I fold the suitbag, which comes with the suit when you buy it from the store, and then put it in the suitcase or should I fold it like this:
without the suitbag
?

Use the suitbag and then hand carry onto the plane. If you need it shortly after flight, ask flight attendant to hang it in the closet (depending on your flight, they should have one). Obviously don't forget it!

Last edited:

mojito33

Reaction score
Hello All,

Here are some photos of my Blue Suit Supply Suit Jacket. I think it fits okay. I have also enclosed some photos of my previously favourite jacket, H&M (don't laugh lol). I now realise the difference in quality. Actually, I think the HM is much too small. I like the Suit Supply much better. I trust that you guys think so too, but welcome your opinion.

By way of background, I was given a Suit Supply suit (well, only the jacket) by a family member. He claimed that it did not fit him, he wanted a tighter fit. He swapped the size once, then just gave it to me after he had had enough of the whole process. It has been in my closet some months, until my recent interest in all things suave suiting. Some fellow members helpfully clarified (refer earlier posts) that I had a Napoli Blue, Size US 38S, EU 24.

Anyhow, I said I would post some pictures. Since I do not have the pants (at all, not sure how to solve that), for these photos I just wore some blue jeans I had on hand. Unfortunately, my camera could not give very high definition pictures, so these will have to do.

Cheers!

ATTACHMENT 1: SUIT SUPPLY, see below.

ATTACHMENT 2: HM CHEAP AND CHEERFUL RETAIL JACKET ... (now considered too small?)

Last edited:

Suitnazi

Reaction score
I am planning on buying a navy Napoli suit from suitsupply at their B&M store and was wondering if i should do the tailoring there or should i take it to another place? The salesman told me i do not need much alteration besides hemming and something else which total will cost about $40. I only took one photo below. you guys think i need alot of alterations or if the fit is good?

LL

theplayerking

Reaction score
I am planning on buying a navy Napoli suit from suitsupply at their B&M store and was wondering if i should do the tailoring there or should i take it to another place? The salesman told me i do not need much alteration besides hemming and something else which total will cost about $40. I only took one photo below. you guys think i need alot of alterations or if the fit is good?

LL
The advantage of in-store alterations at SS is that the tailors work on the same handful of models all day, every day. They’re intimately familiar with how the Napoli is constructed and how to make it work.

Regarding your suit, the sleeves might be a bit short. I like to see cuff, but you show close to an inch. You might consider taking in the sides. The torso is a bit boxy and has lost the Neapolitan, hourglass silhouette. The Napoli doesn’t have as much of that as the Lazio, but should have some.

doodledoc

Reaction score

LL

It's too difficult to tell how it fits on only one picture. It's too short in the sleeves and in the body.

Try the Lazio in the same size.

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
It's too difficult to tell how it fits on only one picture. It's too short in the sleeves and in the body.

Try the Lazio in the same size.

I second these recommendations. I would also add that you should take in the fabric at the upper leg, near the crotch. Lazio in same size should work. The lazio is cut slimmer through the chest though. So be mindful of this. The last thing you want is a chest that fits too tight.

jamie411

Reaction score

I'm guessing you tried this one, which has been described on here as rough. I actually don't like the way this one looks. http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suit...v1=Check&prefn2=styleFit&prefv2=Classic-Lazio I was talking about his one, which is bad ass. If you take a look at the fabric close up it is almost certainly flannel. This one is also very new. It blows the other out of the water in my opinion. http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suit...v1=Check&prefn2=styleFit&prefv2=Classic-Lazio
Yes, you're correct - I'm pretty sure I tried on the top one. The flannel one looks way nicer. The fabric/pattern looks identical to a flannel windowpane Washington fit suit from, I think, two years ago...

Swell

Reaction score
Do any of you guys have experience with tailoring overcoats? I was in the suitsupply store this week to try the camel overcoat (beautiful coat imo).

Tried the EU 102 which fitted really nice, though slightly narrow in the upper back and shoulder width (while wearing a Napoli 102 jacket beneath the coat).

To compare size I tried a EU 54 coat, was more comfortable around the shoulders but way too big around waist and other areas. This was to compare the effect of a EU 106 size which was not available, but shoulder width should be similar to a EU 54.

My regular size is 102 for suits, and the coat will be worn casual and over a suit. If I only would wear the coat casually, I would take the 102 blindly. But as I also need to wear it to work I'm thinking of getting a 106 and have it tailored.

What do you guys think? The 102 was not creasing or folding, just felt a bit tight around shoulders. I think the effect would be less if the suit underneath would have unpadded shoulders.

Jeroen Vriend

Reaction score
I would take the 106 and take it in at the waist. Their coats are really slim.

I ordered same size as my suits but I regret it. Way to slim at the arms.

MrTopCat

Reaction score
Yeah, I've seen it, we have this one in our store now. Any questions you have about it?

I do if you don't mind. Is the picture a good representation of the fabric?

I would like to buy a brown suit soon but this is not brown enough for me based on this picture. I like the new brown La Spalla but it's out of my price range.

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
I do if you don't mind. Is the picture a good representation of the fabric?

I would like to buy a brown suit soon but this is not brown enough for me based on this picture. I like the new brown La Spalla but it's out of my price range.

I envy you guys with your cold winters. I adore the look of a nice flannel suit. It's probably one of the grass is greener scenarios. I'm sure some would like to have the ability to wear summer suits year round and only require half as many clothes. A four season suit here is a lightweight hopsack or wool/linen blend.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads