1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. h3ro

h3ro Well-Known Member

2. Chulillo

Chulillo Senior member

Anybody here owns a Soho suit? If so, how Slim are its trousers? Do you have real life pictures of it on? I am really considering buying one for an upcoming event but I am in much doubt about the trousers. I feel weird ordering a couple of pairs just to end up returning them. I onced order a Napoli suit and had to return it because of the trousers. I felt like my trousers should be at least a couple of sizes bigger in leg width.

Just typing about this made realise one thing... the fact that the waist is bigger make their leg wider?? Could it possibly be that the waist is a few sizes bigger but the legs width remain the same??

Anyways, sorry for all the hassle.
    Thanks.

3. h3ro

h3ro Well-Known Member

I own both SuitSupply DB models and in comparison to the Madison, I felt the Soho had more thigh and seat room. The leg opening felt the same but I'm not certain for sure how they fit prior to alterations as I taper the leg opening from the calf down and add a cuff as soon as I can make it to the tailor. (As well as brace buttons lol)
    I feel that you should take advantage of the great returns policy and order a few size variations and see which works best!
    Which material Soho are you considering? I just placed an order for the Reda 110s blue model!

4. Chulillo

Chulillo Senior member

Thank you for your answer @h3ro
    I am not sure about the fabric I want. I can't seem to find any info on what are they other than just the codes. What I know is that I want a navy DB suit.
    I also considered buying the blue soho you just bought but I am afraid the trousers won't fit me at all LOL Please, post a picture when you get it. I'd like to see the real color and fabric.

5. SpitShine

SpitShine Member

Does anyone here have experience taking out a Suitsupply suit jacket at the waist? I've got an old Washington that's a little bit snug and the store staff said it can be done, but have any of you guys given it a go before?

6. jtorres94

jtorres94 Senior member

I've taken the waist out before, I didn't have SuSu do it but it was possible.

1 person likes this.
  7. goodwillhinton

goodwillhinton Member

8. snk1800

snk1800 Member

lol

9. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

Starting a new job so refreshing the wardrobe...

Picked up this jacket. First Havana cut piece I've bought but I really like the fit. I'm having them let out the chest about 3/4 of an inch but otherwise, fits great.

[​IMG]

And five of their Egyptian cotton dress shirts. The quality is noticeably better than the cheaper shirts they carry without too big of a price difference.

[​IMG]

10. catlettsl

catlettsl Senior member

[​IMG]

Picked up my 2nd Napoli. Other than letting out the sleeves how's the fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 people like this.
  11. TOBestWR

TOBestWR Active Member

Jacket seems a bit short. Have you tried the a Long size?

12. catlettsl

catlettsl Senior member

I tried a long on awhile ago. Didn't like the length in a long. I like the length of the jacket in a regular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. mimo

mimo Senior member

A new suit just arrived for me in London. Was looking forward to picking it up tomorrow when I land.

Except. It's USED!!!! What the actual fuck?!!!

[​IMG][​IMG]

14. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member

I wonder how such things could actually happen. It reminds me of the person who ordered two suits -- on in each size, kept the jacket of one and the trousers of the other, and returned the mix-and-match pieces left.

I guess SuitSupply has a QC fault in the matter, but the people actually making these returns are to blame, too. How can they do something like this, in the first place.

2 people like this.
  15. Chulillo

Chulillo Senior member

That is f*cked up @mimo
    I hope you can get your refund quickly and without any problems.

16. Togas

Togas Well-Known Member

I appreciate the kind words.
    I am trying to go down my own road when it comes to style. I have a few pairs of plaid pants that I love to wear and am currently on the hunt for some tweed items.

I'm currently in University and I really stick out as it is by wearing a suit or simply dressing up everyday. It's really changed the way other students and the professors interact with me.
    I'm looking forward to my next trip to Suit Supply to get some more stuff.

17. facet

facet Senior member

That crotch shot looks really gross

1 person likes this.
  18. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

I would raise fucking hell

19. jtorres94

jtorres94 Senior member

So my "design your own suit" came in and the fabric seems ok, a bit different from what I imagined since the sample pictures online are so awfully taken with very little info. The only issue is the lapel is horribly creased in a very weird way. They did ship it in a smaller box but it somewhat looks like the lapel was just steam pressed to a crease incorrectly.

20. Michael81

Michael81 Senior member

Mine came in a regular coffin box. But I can echo your sentiments re fabrics. The Design Your Own option should be done a lot better. In my case, I wanted a mid-grey flannel; and while the suit they sent was soft, it was definitely not flannel. I suspect they charged me €100 to make up a suit in the same fabric used for the mid-grey Lazio on the website. Thankfully they accept returns.

Having said that, the suit came out really well in terms of fit in my case. It was substantially slimmer in the waist than the regular Lazio. A definite plus, since alterations in Finland are very expensive. My Washington and Havana jackets both cost well over €100 to get right.