• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reaction score
Can someone give me some advices?

i bought this Lazio blue suit

Is this suit too tight for me ?

i am not sure about that. i just feel a little bit tight of my upper waist .

Can someone give me some advice? thanks

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

X-post from Noodles advice thread. Pretty happy with my new Hudson. Still, I'd like some opinions from the heavy-hitters. Thoughts?
Sleeves and pants need shortening and maybe thinking of taking in the waist a tad.
Photos are a little indiscriminate, but I think it looks good for OTR. Jacket hangs nicely, and you're right - pants could use some shaping. Waist could be taken in a bit on the jacket, but it's certainly wearable.
Strange-ish question: I'm planning on visiting the Chicago store today, and have a few things in mind I want to buy. Thing is, I'm here from Australia for a week, and have no intention of paying USD prices for these items cos the Aussie dollar is tanking against the USD at the moment. So, do you think they'd mind in there if I said I want to view and try on stuff, but then order it online via their Australian site?? I could do the order's there and then, but just don't want to pay USD prices.
I've found the SAs at my local store to get a little antsy when you're just "trying on for fit." I'd try on what you want to try, and then thank them and say you'll think about the purchases and leave.
Can someone give me some advices? i bought this Lazio blue suit
Is this suit too tight for me ? i am not sure about that. i just feel a little bit tight of my upper waist . Can someone give me some advice? thanks
Yes, this jacket is too tight on you.

CaptainTohm

Reaction score

Can someone give me some advices? i bought this Lazio blue suit Is this suit too tight for me ? i am not sure about that. i just feel a little bit tight of my upper waist . Can someone give me some advice? thanks
It looks too snug and also perhaps a bit short, but it's hard to tell. I would try one size up and see if the shoulders fit. If not, SuSu has a ton of cut options, and it's worth experimenting. I've also found the less structured options (Havana, Hudson) to have more room for error in the shoulders, since they don't have any padding.

qinglizi

Reaction score

I think it looks great and fits good. What is the product code please?

Bureaucrat

Reaction score

Photos are a little indiscriminate, but I think it looks good for OTR. Jacket hangs nicely, and you're right - pants could use some shaping. Waist could be taken in a bit on the jacket, but it's certainly wearable.

I agree, didn't have anyone nearby atm to take pics and was a bit rushed. :embar:

Thanks for the feedback though, I think I'm going to keep it. I'll see what my tailor can do about the pants.

brnrth

Reaction score

@brnrth Can you tell me when this waistcoat will be released? The guy on Facebook gave me a product code, which is as of now useless. Glad to have an "insider" among us. I sure wouldn't want to be the suitsupply employee on this forum, though. If you're active you will probably be bombarded with questions.
I believe we got this waistcoat in today

MrTopCat

Reaction score
Some new stuff on the EU/UK site, possibly on the US site too.

This Havana caught my attention:

All the new stuff seems to be higher priced too, which is a deal-breaker for me considering that this costs more than a three-piece suit (three piece is usually £379, this is £429).

The new waistcoat is up too, but I am not going to be purchasing it.

It is £129 which is completely ridiculous considering that it is a wool-blend, it has been blended with polyamide but they are trying to justify it ("This blend features a small amount of polyamide without which the delicate fabric would be prone to quicker wear and tear"). Normally waistcoats go for £89, which is a great price compared to this.

EDIT:

Also I almost missed the new fit (Harris fit), looks beautiful but already gone/not available in my size.

Last edited:

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
Theres an $800 Hudson on US site. Which is much more than the normal $600 three-piece price

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
Some new stuff on the EU/UK site, possibly on the US site too.

This Havana caught my attention:

All the new stuff seems to be higher priced too, which is a deal-breaker for me considering that this costs more than a three-piece suit (three piece is usually £379, this is £429).

The new waistcoat is up too, but I am not going to be purchasing it.

It is £129 which is completely ridiculous considering that it is a wool-blend, it has been blended with polyamide but they are trying to justify it ("This blend features a small amount of polyamide without which the delicate fabric would be prone to quicker wear and tear"). Normally waistcoats go for £89, which is a great price compared to this.

EDIT:

Also I almost missed the new fit (Harris fit), looks beautiful but already gone/not available in my size.

One things all of these have in common is they are all Ferla fabrics. Maybe they are testing out if they can sell at a higher price point with these fabrics.

ptr1988

Reaction score

What lazio suit is that, code please?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a question about this Lazio suit, http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suit...id=Suits&prefn1=styleFit&prefv1=Classic-Lazio

What do you guys think about this suit? Would you guys consider this to be a versatile suit to be worn for wedding, interviews, or business events? Also is this a 4 season type of suit or just mainly for fall/summer/spring and not winter?

Strict Summer suit w/ the linen blend. Not appropriate for business environment.

Unless you're a drug dealer near the equator.

12345Michael54321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What do you guys think about this suit? Would you guys consider this to be a versatile suit to be worn for wedding, interviews, or business events? Also is this a 4 season type of suit or just mainly for fall/summer/spring and not winter?

Between the shade of blue, the linen, and the (in my opinion) unpleasantly short and slim styling, it's certainly not ideal in situations (weddings, interviews, or business events) where a traditional, conservative suit is expected. So on that basis, no, I wouldn't call it particularly versatile.

As for whether it's appropriate for the sorts of weddings, interviews, and business events you typically attend... well, you'd be a better judge of that than anyone else would. I can only speak to what would be versatile for me, or at most what's versatile by traditional, chiefly American or perhaps Western European standards. But I totally get that other people may abide by other standards of appropriateness and versatility.

Nor is it really a year 'round sort of suit, although again, maybe you live and work someplace where a cold winter day is one that gets down to 70 degrees F., in which case it's entirely possible that your notions of what constitute a 4-season type suit are markedly different from those of someone who lives in, say, Boston or Denver.

Oh, I'd also suggest that that's very much a young man's suit. I could imagine some social setting where a slender, 22 year old man is wearing that suit, and it looks okay on him. But the likelihood of a middle-aged man, particularly one a little overweight (not necessarily obese, mind you), managing to make that suit work, is not great. Since I don't know your age or size...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads