• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

doodledoc

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments! Typically with all the work I described... an extra $150-$200...Its worth it for me for the suit to fit like a made to measure garment that I can wear for years to come.. I have owned my average suit over 5 years now and just have to tweak them every couple years... Hope this helps..
I read that you live in Fresno, so SS doesn't charge you tax. So your Napoli Suit is $600 at most. Worth it. If I had a tailor that could do what your does, I'd never need to go MTM or bespoke.

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I read that you live in Fresno, so SS doesn't charge you tax. So your Napoli Suit is $600 at most. Worth it. If I had a tailor that could do what your does, I'd never need to go MTM or bespoke.

Thats always been my thinking.. even for my more expensive suits that have been around 1k-2500...the total tailoring always comes up to at most $200 so it makes sense because the suit will fit me the way I want it to fit for the most part..

pmestrad

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the leager? If anyone has one and could post some pics that would be great. Also, the sizing seems small on the site, is there a need to size up?

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the compliments! Typically with all the work I described... an extra $150-$200...Its worth it for me for the suit to fit like a made to measure garment that I can wear for years to come.. I have owned my average suit over 5 years now and just have to tweak them every couple years... Hope this helps..

Did you know that suitsupply MTM isn't that much more expensive than their RTW? Might be worth it to give a try if your store offers it, or have a look at the fabrics they offer to compare pricing.

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you know that suitsupply MTM isn't that much more expensive than their RTW? Might be worth it to give a try if your store offers it, or have a look at the fabrics they offer to compare pricing.

I honestly have not seen a M2M fit from them that I liked..in my experience with Tailors you have to build a relationship with them where they know how you like things to fit.. it takes a while to get the fit dialed in and a lot of money. and I dont buy enough from SuSu to justify that..my tailors can do almost anything at unbelievable prices so in my mind it does not makes sense to go that route..

phsiao08

Reaction score

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have you considered just taking your tailor material for a CMT suit? They obviously do exceptional work!

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you considered just taking your tailor material for a CMT suit? They obviously do exceptional work!

Yes. But he worked in the M2M program for Armani for over 30 years and is pretty much done with making a suit from scratch (Atleast thats what he told me)..I do see from time to time he will make pants for himself where he mutters to me that he is making the pants as a hobby and to kill time. But at the ripe old age of 64, I dont think he has the energy to make something from scratch. For him it is more economical and easier to alter than to make.

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
Yes. But he worked in the M2M program for Armani for over 30 years and is pretty much done with making a suit from scratch (Atleast thats what he told me)..I do see from time to time he will make pants for himself where he mutters to me that he is making the pants as a hobby and to kill time. But at the ripe old age of 64, I dont think he has the energy to make something from scratch. For him it is more economical and easier to alter than to make.

If you can bring in a Napoli and walk out with a suit that looks like that, I don't see a reason to go custom. That's all in at about $700 for a very beautiful suit.

p0rkbelly

Reaction score

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How hard is to care for a pure linen jacket? I feel in the love with the color of this light blue Hudson when I saw it in person.

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/jack...start=2&cgid=Jackets&prefn1=fit&prefv1=Hudson

I have no idea what the upkeep it is for a pure linen jacket/suit though. Will it be nothing but wrinkles and dainty care that I alway shave to get dry-cleaned/pressed almost all the time?

Linen is actually a pretty resilient fabric. Obviously it will wrinkle easily, but it's meant to be casual and that's the point. If you're careful with a steamer or iron, you can press it yourself when it becomes unmanageable (although you have to be careful to not steam it into oblivion). With fused jackets it's a bigger deal because fusible can come apart from the interior of the jacket body. But with a half-canvassed jacket, as SuSu is, you're probably a little safer.

There are still people though who will tell you that steaming a jacket is a huge no-no for any tailored garment.

TBH, a drycleaner is probably the worst option of all of them.

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
How hard is to care for a pure linen jacket? I feel in the love with the color of this light blue Hudson when I saw it in person.

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/jack...start=2&cgid=Jackets&prefn1=fit&prefv1=Hudson

I have no idea what the upkeep it is for a pure linen jacket/suit though. Will it be nothing but wrinkles and dainty care that I alway shave to get dry-cleaned/pressed almost all the time?

You just have to accept the fact that it is going to wrinkle. You could press it after every wear and that won't change the fact that it will be wrinkled again within a short time wearing in.

tautology

Reaction score
The leager stretches and I don't think the measurements are realistic. Go with your normal size, and if that is usually tailored slimmer, size down and you will be fine.
I ordered a 42 but could have easily gone with the 40, but ended up tailoring it a bit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads