• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pomor

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the stores in Russia have reopened? A couple of months ago they removed all references to their five stores in Russia. But I'm still seeing artifacts on their website that are pointing to the fact that the stores are operational. In fact, not only has the exodus of western brands ended, but many brands are reopening again. I suppose money talks?

P.S. I'm just going to ask their customer service in the chat

A-Lawson

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with changing the slope of the shoulders? My shoulders are SLIGHTLY sloped, and wondering how significant a shoulder height change of -0.5 "sloped minimally" would be.

joorinainen

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with changing the slope of the shoulders? My shoulders are SLIGHTLY sloped, and wondering how significant a shoulder height change of -0.5 "sloped minimally" would be.

It's 0.5cm so it's not much. Have you tried their jackets? I have fairly sloped shoulders myself and their pattern suits me fine.

RavenBespoke

Reaction score
Making a 0.5cm change will more than likely depend on the shoulder expression you’re looking at. I’d definitely try one of their jackets on if possible (a lightly padded shoulder could correct the issue all its own). See if you have any pulling on either side of the button or sagging in the chest, then correct as needed.

My shoulders slope unevenly, with my right shoulder being more severe. I used the 1cm to correct, and it worked well. The left shoulder I lowered by 0.5cm just to balance the shoulder silhouette a bit.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the stores in Russia have reopened? A couple of months ago they removed all references to their five stores in Russia. But I'm still seeing artifacts on their website that are pointing to the fact that the stores are operational. In fact, not only has the exodus of western brands ended, but many brands are reopening again. I suppose money talks?

P.S. I'm just going to ask their customer service in the chat

would not exactly be logical…can’t imagine they’re still doing business there

joorinainen

Reaction score
Making a 0.5cm change will more than likely depend on the shoulder expression you’re looking at. I’d definitely try one of their jackets on if possible (a lightly padded shoulder could correct the issue all its own). See if you have any pulling on either side of the button or sagging in the chest, then correct as needed.

My shoulders slope unevenly, with my right shoulder being more severe. I used the 1cm to correct, and it worked well. The left shoulder I lowered by 0.5cm just to balance the shoulder silhouette a bit.

Given the issues i experienced on my last THREE custom made jackets, 0.5cm shoulder slope correction would be the least of my problems. I have now sent pictures of my recent order to SS customer service and received a gift card for my troubles.

Jlee80

Reaction score
Given the issues i experienced on my last THREE custom made jackets, 0.5cm shoulder slope correction would be the least of my problems. I have now sent pictures of my recent order to SS customer service and received a gift card for my troubles.
I hope you received a substantial amount on the gift cards given a x3 mess up…

joorinainen

Reaction score
I hope you received a substantial amount on the gift cards given a x3 mess up…

I would say a small gesture instead of substantial but i appreciate they admitted the issues and were willing to make it up. I have now ordered few more jackets. I will keep you posted.

Jlee80

Reaction score
I would say a small gesture instead of substantial but i appreciate they admitted the issues and were willing to make it up. I have now ordered few more jackets. I will keep you posted.
I can’t remember, did you say they remade the jackets as well?

leapyourbar

Reaction score
Honest question: anyone in this thread had a suitsupply suit last, reliably and with regular wear, beyond 5 years say? I have purchased six suits from them. I'm in the process of reworking my suit wardrobe, but long story short, I had an issue with each and every one I've bought from suitsupply except one (which I sadly hardly wear). I would say I wore them pretty hard -- never two days in a row, always hanging and brushing after each use, etc. Yet each one seems to have its own issues (stitches falling out, fabric wearing out or developing an ugly sheen, fabric discoloration [might be dry cleaning issue], list goes on). I've enjoyed wearing them and I think they look good, but I'm just not so sure about longevity.

I was thinking about where my professional wardrobe is headed this morning, and it hit me that I can't justify giving this company any more money. I have saved enough over the pandemic for either two good bespoke suits (Solito probably) or three good MTM (Orazio Luciano), and I won't lie: it irks me that it has taken THIS long to get it done (the pandemic, plus Orazio Luciano trunk show being cancelled last month on the last day I was in NYC through no fault of theirs). It dawned on me that I could just go get ten suits from SuitSupply at that price, but I really feel like I'd be repeating the same mistakes I made from 2014-2017 even getting one.

twodice1

Reaction score
Honest question: anyone in this thread had a suitsupply suit last, reliably and with regular wear, beyond 5 years say? I have purchased six suits from them. I'm in the process of reworking my suit wardrobe, but long story short, I had an issue with each and every one I've bought from suitsupply except one (which I sadly hardly wear). I would say I wore them pretty hard -- never two days in a row, always hanging and brushing after each use, etc. Yet each one seems to have its own issues (stitches falling out, fabric wearing out or developing an ugly sheen, fabric discoloration [might be dry cleaning issue], list goes on). I've enjoyed wearing them and I think they look good, but I'm just not so sure about longevity.

I was thinking about where my professional wardrobe is headed this morning, and it hit me that I can't justify giving this company any more money. I have saved enough over the pandemic for either two good bespoke suits (Solito probably) or three good MTM (Orazio Luciano), and I won't lie: it irks me that it has taken THIS long to get it done (the pandemic, plus Orazio Luciano trunk show being cancelled last month on the last day I was in NYC through no fault of theirs). It dawned on me that I could just go get ten suits from SuitSupply at that price, but I really feel like I'd be repeating the same mistakes I made from 2014-2017 even getting one.

I'd say between 5-6 years is about right with my current rate of retiring SS suits, key thing is price to value and rotation of suits for the same money. Most suits would push 5-8 years at best before going a little out of style/demise from wear and tear so works for me. All depends on personal preference though, some like it high end, some like it for more functional purposes.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I’m wearing Suitsupply since 2018 and I stopped buying anything after 2020 and remaking my wardrobe

neo_parisian

Reaction score
If you plan to wear suit every week for long hours, i would suggest going with S110 fabric, as they are usually more durable than higher end S150, or silk wool blends. Also tying to not iron, steam and dry clean a-lot, elongates the life of suit. Not going extra slim Fit, Keeping suits in dust bags and packing suit properly on trips also goes a long way in maintaining the shape and sheen of suits.I bought my first suit supply suit in 2015 and it is still in pretty decent shape but i do not wear suits every day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads