• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

StartingStyle

Reaction score
Thanks, picked up H630105 (Link) to try out. You find it easy to wear untucked vs tucked? It seems a bit long online untucked and noticed it’s nearly always tucked in for all the photos they choose to show.

may you present some images after you’ve received it? I am thinking about a custom made one from this fabric.

Dorsoduro

Reaction score
I was typing a long response and then I realized that poster has been trolling for a while and indeed started with the interest in the SS outlets only to turn around and claim they’re budget.

In order to recover from this trolling, has anyone tried SS’s linen shirts? Might pick up a green one to test out.
No trolling just stating the facts. Some people just are uncomfortable with the truth and they are indeed budget, when you’ve been exposed to higher-end material you’ll know.

Last edited:

porscheguy

Reaction score
The model is 6'1 (185cm) though (both current models are)
I didn’t realize that. Anyway, I’m 6’0 and I have a fairly long body relative to my legs. My pants inseam is about 30 inches or so. So the shirts fit me just fine.
I wear it untucked with the sleeves rolled up 99% of the time. I wear it with my lighter jeans or shorts. For maximum coolness I’ll go linen from head to toe. I’ve got linen shorts from j crew, and linen boxers from a place called linenshed.
I also weigh about 205lbs these days. All of my shirts are 16 1/2 (large) and at the moment, they’re all a bit snug on me. So I’m in the process of dieting down for the summer.
How do I post pics here? Do I need to have them hosted on a site like Imgur?

adrianvo

Reaction score
Anyone have a suit with this fabric? Cant find an example of it online.

Code: 486.311/1
S486.311-1_1~2.jpg

Attachments

• S486.311-1_1.jpg
    S486.311-1_1.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 95

TomTom

Reaction score
Hi guys does anyone know what the red line means for the Sienna suit line

And what are your thoughts on the jackets with 2 pockets on 1 side?

Looking at this suit

m_607cd13a93649ffca44c4a4a.jpg
Hello, red Line means that it's made from a bit finer Fabrics (130s instead of 100s) has some finer details and a red lining :) The second pocket is called a ticket pocket and all my suits have them , but it's a personal preference. I'm from the UK and the ticket pocket is quite a common site here. The suits are good quality and a nice fit , mid rise trousers.

adrianvo

Reaction score

First Lazio with patch pockets that I am aware of.

Honestly, SS -- fix your fit naming scheme!
The MTO suits are of the Lazio fit, so it's easy to get Lazio jackets with patch pockets - in case you weren't aware.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been to a store and seen/felt this fabric? Very strongly considering picking it up for a summer purple option.

porscheguy

Reaction score
It looks like it’s a rough texture but it has a smooth feel to it. That doesn’t look like a color that will age well. They have several suits of that same fabric composition in other colors that may age better.

sargeinaz

Reaction score
Hi everyone, had some questions for the people who have done MTM through SuSu. Going to get a dark grey suit made. Found 2 fabrics. One from Reda (5057/4) that’s 500 and one from VBC (code 586.801/6) that’s 700. I don’t want to spend too much since this is my first commission and know it won’t be anywhere near perfect.

I’m going to do the Havana/natural shoulder, standard lapel width, half canvas. 3 roll 2, fully lined. Going to do a higher rise, side tabs and thinking button fly.

some questions I have are does anyone have experience with either fabric? Looking for a dark grey and preferably matte, not shiny. Has anyone gotten button fly? Thoughts? Also, I’m skinny, but have wider shoulders than normal for my height and don’t want a suit to fit me tight/skinny. So in their size 38, I noticed the sleeves are pretty full/wide on me. They said you can raise the armhole and slimming the sleeves as options, anyone have experience with that? I usually err on the side of caution since I don’t have much faith in especially raising an armhole which may through off who knows what.

Would prefer something not super traditional, but normal fit for today’s standards like Jake Grantham or Mark Cho etc. any advice or tips would be much appreciated!

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, had some questions for the people who have done MTM through SuSu. Going to get a dark grey suit made. Found 2 fabrics. One from Reda (5057/4) that’s 500 and one from VBC (code 586.801/6) that’s 700. I don’t want to spend too much since this is my first commission and know it won’t be anywhere near perfect.

I’m going to do the Havana/natural shoulder, standard lapel width, half canvas. 3 roll 2, fully lined. Going to do a higher rise, side tabs and thinking button fly.

some questions I have are does anyone have experience with either fabric? Looking for a dark grey and preferably matte, not shiny. Has anyone gotten button fly? Thoughts? Also, I’m skinny, but have wider shoulders than normal for my height and don’t want a suit to fit me tight/skinny. So in their size 38, I noticed the sleeves are pretty full/wide on me. They said you can raise the armhole and slimming the sleeves as options, anyone have experience with that? I usually err on the side of caution since I don’t have much faith in especially raising an armhole which may through off who knows what.

Would prefer something not super traditional, but normal fit for today’s standards like Jake Grantham or Mark Cho etc. any advice or tips would be much appreciated!

You should really go into the store to get fitted, and they should get you what you want. You can also see those fabrics in person to decide for yourself which one you prefer.

The button fly is fine. The button fly feels more "special", but then you have to redo like 3 buttons when you go to the bathroom or whatever.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads