• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Zerase

Reaction score
I got a pair of Harris Tweed suspenders for like 5 years ago. Not that I have used them a lot, but they are really nice.

MajorDash

Reaction score
good advice, although in each outlet accessories sold out very fast and couldn’t get any. In fairness they are overpriced and not of great quality (like their shoes) so if you can get at a discount it’s better value.
I must find out who 3 wierd items from the outlet :
1) kilt
2) table tennis rackets
3) backgammon set

I debated the kilt, but I really didn't know what size I needed.

Dorsoduro

Reaction score
good advice, although in each outlet accessories sold out very fast and couldn’t get any. In fairness they are overpriced and not of great quality (like their shoes) so if you can get at a discount it’s better value.
I must find out who 3 wierd items from the outlet :
1) kilt
2) table tennis rackets
3) backgammon set
and where are these supposed outlets ? Have you actually seen one ??

zewill

Reaction score
and where are these supposed outlets ? Have you actually seen one ??
Yes as a matter of fact I have seen 3 and on those 3 occasions spent too much.
They did 2 last year for Canada. Depends what country you are in. Subscribe to the newsletter if you wanna be in the know (usually late when all the best stuff is gone) or follow here everyday and hope (usually december-January and april are outlet months).

Outlet pricing is great value. Full canvas, jorts, for 70% off is not too shabby. You just need several lives to wear all that stuff.

Dorsoduro

Reaction score
Yes as a matter of fact I have seen 3 and on those 3 occasions spent too much.
They did 2 last year for Canada. Depends what country you are in. Subscribe to the newsletter if you wanna be in the know (usually late when all the best stuff is gone) or follow here everyday and hope (usually december-January and april are outlet months).

Outlet pricing is great value. Full canvas, jorts, for 70% off is not too shabby. You just need several lives to wear all that stuff.
Good to know. I’ll ask my salesperson. I go all over the world so I’m sure I can go to one. BOGGI sales are great too. Higher quality stuff and innovative designs

twodice1

Reaction score
Good to know. I’ll ask my salesperson. I go all over the world so I’m sure I can go to one. BOGGI sales are great too. Higher quality stuff and innovative designs
They were primarily online only, the most recent one (Black Friday) had some in-store discounts but online is where you win.

adrianvo

Reaction score
Boggi doesn't ship to as many countries, though, including mine.

Also, only SuitSupply can give me massive lapels without going bespoke.

Baked Potato

Reaction score
Did they recently update the trouser configurator on their website? Seems like they've added some new fits to choose from, but some things have been removed. Can't find the options anymore regarding trouser lining, bracer buttons or some of the length options (raw length). Hope they still have those options available in store.

ebayhtl

Reaction score
Hi, did anyone get the Gurkha shorts from last year? They look great and someone I know is selling it - but measurements are now unavailable online.
I'm usually a size 30 to 31 waist - should I get a 46 or 48? Any in-person pics would be great.
Finally, what was the recommended retail price for them? I'm trying to agree a price with the guy.
Thanks!

StartingStyle

Reaction score
Hi, did anyone get the Gurkha shorts from last year? They look great and someone I know is selling it - but measurements are now unavailable online.
I'm usually a size 30 to 31 waist - should I get a 46 or 48? Any in-person pics would be great.
Finally, what was the recommended retail price for them? I'm trying to agree a price with the guy.
Thanks!
I own a pair of Gurkhas. Searched for this pic several ages 😂 I‘m as well a size 30/31 and have these in 46. I really love them, fits perfect to polo‘s , casual shirts but a basic white shirt is as well doing the thing

Attachments

ebayhtl

Reaction score
T
I own a pair of Gurkhas. Searched for this pic several ages 😂 I‘m as well a size 30/31 and have these in 46. I really love them, fits perfect to polo‘s , casual shirts but a basic white shirt is as well doing the thing
Thanks, they look great! Would you say 48 would be too big for you or still ok, given you have a 46? Turns out the guy has a 48 for sale, I could tailor them of course if the difference isn't too much. Thanks!

archipel

Reaction score
Honestly, gentlemen, if y'all need any Suitsupply accessories - sunglasses, gloves, belts, suspenders -- the first day of last two outlets these can be had for like 75%. I really went to town in this category last time, and these items are great value at this price point. So, wait for the, most likely, July outlet if you need these.
Jep. I got Peccary gloves for 45 euros and they are very nice. Which is a price where you cannot find them elsewhere.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy