• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

timotune

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is it true that the Soho is much shorter in length?

Yes. That's the same with the Havana, too.
So I get long sizes in both (I am not that tall, around 183cm).
So sleeves alwaYs have to get shortened...

ABCXYZ

Reaction score
If you are in Europe, Roermond NL Suitsupply outlet, all suits 2 for 249 Euros. Lots of conservative blues and greys left, as well as the wilder stuff.

ananth

Reaction score
hello,

are the measurements present on their size table reliable?
Did you notice any difference?

thank you

stylistics

Reaction score
I have a Napoli and the first wear both buttons were hanging by a thread and the seat had a tear on the seam

Not impressed, at all. A $150 jcpennys suit would have served me better

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a Napoli and the first wear both buttons were hanging by a thread and the seat had a tear on the seam

Not impressed, at all. A $150 jcpennys suit would have served me better

I saw your post from your original thread.. It seems that you got a defective product unless they gave you something that was not going to fit..did they do any adjustments for you before you took it out of the store? Their pants run really slim on all their models and I have a feeling if you have wide hips and thigh's then you will have the problem you are having. Take it back to them. Having dealt with their customer service they will be accommodating if it is truly a defective product. If you have tried that and they turned you down I can understand your frustration. However if you have not reached out to them yet and your venting, that will not help. Just my two cents...

stylistics

Reaction score
I do have a wide waist and thighs but I got a 46 and the pants feel fine fit wise

The buttons were definitely defective so maybe the whole suit is just a lemon?

I'm going to call customer service Monday

stylistics

Reaction score
I do have a wide waist and thighs but I got a 46 and the pants feel fine fit wise

The buttons were definitely defective so maybe the whole suit is just a lemon?

I'm going to call customer service Monday

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Just visited the store in NYC a few weeks ago for the first time. I almost felt like I was entering a club, where the bouncer was going to tell me that they are closed (only because I'm not cool enough to go in).

Seriously though, nice store.

There's a tall slim blond haired fella in the NYC store called Travis who has always been very helpful when I've been in. Gave me some great advice and not pushy at all.

Last time I was there I stopped in SS for a snoop. Didn't really want or need anything but curious as to what they had. I'm a 38 R usually and they had a disappointingly small range. Some lass came over being very pushy. I asked for Travis and she said he didn't work there any more.

After looking round for a minute I was about to leave and half way down the stairs heard some peopl e coming down from the upper floor, including Travis. Weird.

Timo how much are you able to shorten your sleeves by? My SS suits have surgeon's cuffs.

bmathe02

Reaction score
It seems they no longer have size 35 suits. Instead it is now 34 which is verging on kid size and 36. Need to stop in and see how the change in sizing affects the Jort/la spalla.

dunelly

Reaction score
i got the my 34 london fit in!
I'll post pics once it comes back from the tailor.
The pants fit horrendously but the jacket was pretty dead on, especially in the shoulders.

zprejean

Reaction score
Does anyone have any pictures of the 'blue' color as compared to the navy? If anyone would happen to have a picture of the Blue Herringbone Washington that would be absolutely perfect!

Last edited:

yywwyy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It seems they no longer have size 35 suits. Instead it is now 34 which is verging on kid size and 36. Need to stop in and see how the change in sizing affects the Jort/la spalla.

i got the my 34 london fit in!
I'll post pics once it comes back from the tailor.
The pants fit horrendously but the jacket was pretty dead on, especially in the shoulders.

I think the new 34 is equivalent to the original 35, can anyone confirm?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics