1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Rankiz

Rankiz Senior member

Not at all, since their suits and blazers lenght tends to be quite spot on for me, as they by standard are quite short. Functional buttonholes are highly unpractical and makes shortening the sleeves much more difficult.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  2. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Senior member

Have you tried their S size (eg: 38S instead of 38R)? How tall are you?

3. tricky

tricky Senior member

For reference here's an unaltered 38R Havana.

In this photo I'm 6'1" ~165lbs.

[​IMG]

4. CrAz3D

CrAz3D Senior member

do all suits come w/functioning cuffs? I worry because on of my arms is approx 1/2" longer than the other, and I might want to have sleeves shortened. also, at 5'10" 165lbs, I hope the classic fit is forgiving enough for my average size (note: I'm probably actually thinner than average for an america, esp in West Texas, but thin euro cuts I cannot pull off, nor do I want to, as I need very traditional cuts in my profession---lawyering)

Thanks!

5. Rankiz

Rankiz Senior member

I am 5'7 feet. Size 38S (size 24) is way too wide and need so much slimming in the sides that it won't look good. 46 is too tight, 48 fits nice, but sadly the sleeves are too long and have functional buttonholes.

6. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

shorten from the shoulder.

7. Rankiz

Rankiz Senior member

Shortening from the shoulder is like playing Bingo, can turn out bad. Also, there is not one tailor in my whole country that would be able to shorten it from the shoulder with a good result.

8. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Then is sounds like you either have buttonholes very close to the end of the sleeve, or this brand doesn't work. Tis the problem with functional as you know.

9. PapaRubbery

I'm 5'7 too.

Have you tried every cut? Inc washington and Havana?

I'm obviously fatter than you if the 24 is way too wide. I didn't think it was much wider than the 48, when I tried them on.

10. Rankiz

Rankiz Senior member

I have a 24 double breasted suit, but I never managed to make it slim enough without the fabric at the back started to pull/crease. Might have more success with a two button blazer maybe?

11. PapaRubbery

Definitely shoot for a slimmer cut if the 24 is huge on you.

I'd wager the cut of a DB would be slightly more generous than a SB regardless. They do look amazing though, so might be worth getting it taken in from the back to remove the excess fabric?

12. nosetrick

nosetrick New Member

Hello guys!

I'm about to order the havana fit jacket. Actually two of them, and then return the one that fits the worst.

I'm 6'2'' tall, 168 lbs, measuring 38 inches around my chest and 34 inches around my upper waist. So, which two do I order?

The size advisor recommends the 38 one. I'm however pretty confused I didn't get recommended a long one. What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
    nosetrick

13. timotune

timotune Senior member

If you don't want the supershort look, get a long one.

14. itraxx

itraxx Senior member

Can anyone help me decipher these sleeve measurements? They seem ridiculously long..

[​IMG]

15. tricky

tricky Senior member

My measurements aren't far off yours and I posted a fit pic a couple of pages back. I recommend you order both and return one. Might as well order a 40 too. Returns are so easy and all shipping labels provided.

16. nosetrick

nosetrick New Member

Thanks a lot, feeling much safer ordering now. I'll go with both the long one and the regular.

17. dreamspace

dreamspace Senior member

Could be that they measure from mid of back (and not from shoulder seam), like a lot of companies do when giving shirt measurements. Subtract 10 inches, which will probably give more correct and SF friendly numbers.

18. tljenkin

tljenkin Senior member

Hi guys. I went to the SS store and tried on the Napoli in 40 L. I am roughly 6'5" with relatively broad shoulders and long arms. I've only purchased one suit in the past, and it is a 42L. Could someone critique the fit? I am obviously very concerned about the sleeve length, but the sales associate said that they could lengthen the sleeves by ~3/4". Does that seem like it will be enough? He was able to resolve the bunching in the back without too much trouble.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is a quick shot of the 42L:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  19. Rankiz

Rankiz Senior member

No, less than an inch will not be enough to make the sleeves long enough.

20. roquesoon

roquesoon Senior member

^ 3/4" isn't going to be even close to enough unfortunately. The SAs there have no idea what they're talking about, I've found.