• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chulillo

Reaction score
What do you fellows think of their shirts? Are they worth the money or you have a better alternative within the price range?
In this case I am very happy with them. I have like six or seven of their shirts and I am very happey with the price-quality ratio... Can't say the same with sweaters, just like I said before, but with its shirts, I am satisfied.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you fellows think of their shirts? Are they worth the money or you have a better alternative within the price range?

I have one of their Blue line, which I very like, cut-wise and quality-wise. Haven't tried their Purple or Red line, but I'm eager to do so!

I agree that there is not a lot of review of their shirts. Kamakura would seem to be the main competitor in the price range!

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Based on online photos the Kamakura shirts do look a bit more "professional" IMO, though importing them from the USA or Japan to Europe would be a nightmare with all the custom/tax/shipping fees. So I will give a SS a try.

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
The Washington isn't just very slim, but it's length makes it stand out from the other fits. It's pretty much like a "semi long size". It's in the length of the jacket, sleeves as well as the height of the rise.

This is true. However, the Washington Half is cut much shorter than the regular Washington.

Bureaucrat

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Based on online photos the Kamakura shirts do look a bit more "professional" IMO, though importing them from the USA or Japan to Europe would be a nightmare with all the custom/tax/shipping fees. So I will give a SS a try.
This is untrue. I live in Europe and ordered 2 shirts one year ago and with all the fees they came to about 75€ per shirt.

But anyway, SS do have nice shirts. I would avoid the cheapest shirts, but anything from there has a nice price-quality ratio.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

X-post from Noodles advice thread. Pretty happy with my new Hudson. Still, I'd like some opinions from the heavy-hitters. Thoughts?
Sleeves and pants need shortening and maybe thinking of taking in the waist a tad.
Agree with your assesment. Looks good.

Last edited:

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
Thanks for the input CD, I appreciate it. In fact, I just threw out the box and taking it asap to the tailor!

btw, I really like your tumblr. One of the few I actually follow.

I think it looks great too. You should be able to take in the waist minimally. I wouldn't over do it though.

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, I contacted SS help to ask them how much the waist of a particular Lazio trouser could be let out, and received the following response:

"The waistband of the pants can be taken 6 centimeters but please be informed that we can tailor the basin only 2 centimeters wider."​

Any idea what is meant by "the basin" in this context?

Thanks.

Cheers,

Ac

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Guys, I contacted SS help to ask them how much the waist of a particular Lazio trouser could be let out, and received the following response:

"The waistband of the pants can be taken 6 centimeters but  please be informed that we can tailor the basin only 2 centimeters wider."​

Any idea what is meant by "the basin" in this context?

Thanks.

Cheers,

Ac

It's basically the "seat" and down into the backside of the crotch of the pants. SuSu suits come with a ton of extra tolerance in the waistband, but almost no fabric down into the seat.

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
What is everyone's opinion in buying a 'NWT' Lazio from Ebay? It seems to be about 200 bucks off retail.

If you have your size nailed down in a Lazio and you like the suit, I don't see a problem. If you're referring to the stipe flannel three piece, they're accepting best offer. I'd come in at $300 and in the message say something like "I normally see new suitsupply suits going for about $300. I think this is fair." That was you can see how flexible they are. If they come back at say $350, I'd come in at $325 and put a note that says best and final. If they come in at like $375 I'd do the same thing at like $350 if the suits worth that to me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads