1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. angelescrest

angelescrest Senior member

They have a generous return policy. The stores have limited outerwear selection, so I'd order one now while they are in stock, and then visit the store with the coat. You could keep it or return it once you look at the rest. Unless you're able to get in soon.

2. oxfordsandties

oxfordsandties Senior member

Just received my Navy Birdseye from the design your own suit option. Took a couple more weeks given that I ordered directly from a friend in the Netherlands but I am pleased. For 100 dollars less I was able to add a wool tie and three pairs of socks.

3. Academic2

Academic2 Senior member

What's your opinion of the cloth? Did they tell you who the maker is?

Cheers,

Ac

4. Togas

Togas Well-Known Member

Thank you.
    I plan to make my way to the NYC location sometime next week.

5. Baked Potato

Baked Potato Senior member

How is the fabric thickness of SS' outerwear? Would a Suitsupply overcoat be able to keep me sufficiently warm through a Swedish (Stockholm) winter?

6. KWang94

KWang94 Well-Known Member

It's my understanding that SS isn't very good for outerwear. Basically anything outside their core offerings (jacketing, trousers, suits) aren't great

7. angelescrest

angelescrest Senior member

It depends, are you from Sweden? :D

My friends from the north can wear virtually nothing in winter and be warm. My friends from Cali and Australia wear thick Melton wool coats in 60F weather.

SuSu uses high quality fabrics from Italy, which tend to be streamlined and lighter weight, probably in the 500g territory. Keeps me warm on short jaunts up in lake effect territory but I am not outside for long periods. I wouldn't wear them say out all day in NYC on Christmas, unless I had wool knitwear underneath.

Many contemporary coats are all the same weight from what I've tried. Frankly if you wanted something super warm you'd also be buying an overcoat that goes down to mid calf, so you wouldn't be buying SuSu or most modern fashion houses. For me, in cities like Chicago or Denver, this suits me fine.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  8. Michael81

Michael81 Senior member

Pretty sure it will be fine. And in any case, a bulky outer layer is not really necessary. The key to staying warm in winter is layering.

9. Mrlol

Mrlol Senior member

This is a lazio in 24, but i have heard that its to short and got recommended to pick up a 48 instead, do you agree?
    don't mind the pocket square
    [​IMG]

Here is a lazio 48:
    Very dark suit so its maybe difficult to see. But what do you think? Its a bit more spacious then the 24 but my tailor can maybe fix that?
    (If you agree i will probably order a lighter color in blue or grey if available)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  10. oxfordsandties

oxfordsandties Senior member

I would say the fabric is a bit heavier than my other Napoli. The fabric is vitale barberis canonico super 110s. Here is a pic of the fit [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

What's usually a good sale price for SS suits? When is the next big sale?

12. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

Pricing is on their website, its country specific. Good returns/no customs/taxes (its all at checkout). SS doesn't go on sale.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  13. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Don't forget their seasonal clearance sales (online only).

14. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Senior member

Yeah, you have about 8 seconds to get something.... And I've never seen it on the Canada site, but I don't sit on SS and really look that closely so I may not be the best person to say for sure.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  15. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

I'm loving two coats at least from how they look online:

1) Washington Herringbone Peak Lapel:

http://ca.suitsupply.com/en_CA/jack...ined-blue-herringbone/C918I.html?cgid=Jackets

2) Havana Blue Check:

http://ca.suitsupply.com/en_CA/jackets/havana-blue-check/C1002I.html?cgid=Jackets

Do these cuts work for an athletic build (broad shoulders and chest, minimal gut)? I will try to make it to the store on the weekend.

Just want to get thoughts on these sport coats beforehand from the great people on here.

16. FashionBackward

FashionBackward Member

I had 2 made-to-measure 3-piece suits (130's wool) made in Amsterdam store this weekend while I was there. Average cost of $650 after the tax refund. Picking them up next month when I get back there.

I also picked up one Sienna and one 3-piece Lazio. Total cost for both (including various alterations) comes out to $784 after tax refund.

I think if someone is planning to buy a few suits from SS, crossing the pond is worth it. The discount pays for the trip. Plus, you'll be in Amsterdam.

17. Michael81

Michael81 Senior member

I was in the Brussels store today, and the salesperson told me an MTM order costs €1000. Which was weird.

18. EUtroll

EUtroll Senior member

Maybe was mentioning an average price? I've bought MTM suits in the Brussels store for less.

19. FashionBackward

FashionBackward Member

That's odd. MTM starts at €469.

20. Michael81

Michael81 Senior member

That's what I thought as well.