• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zengy

Reaction score
Sleeves are way too short and seat doesn't look covered. Get back and swap for 36R.

Last edited:

indigoroots

Reaction score
Why did you go with short?
puzzled.gif

Jacket sleeves are VERY short and so is the overall length....
I'm 5'7" so a regular jacket makes my torso look really long compared to my legs. Unfortunately I don't have a full length mirror at home so I can't take a full body picture. The suit supply website recommended a short as well.
I think the suit sleeves look short because my dress shirt sleeves are an inch long. What do you think?

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the end it's a matter of preference but trying to be rather objective, I don't think your shirt sleeves are too long, certainly not by an inch, a quarter maybe, half inch if you push me... The jacket is too short overal, you need another inch or inch and a half in my opinion. If regular doesn't work for you then maybe you need to try a different cut...

zengy

Reaction score
I'm 5'7" so a regular jacket makes my torso look really long compared to my legs. Unfortunately I don't have a full length mirror at home so I can't take a full body picture. The suit supply website recommended a short as well.
I think the suit sleeves look short because my dress shirt sleeves are an inch long. What do you think?
The shirt sleeves are a tad long, but not much. Many wear them like that. The problem is the coat sleeves being too short.

I would definitely not keep this, unless you want to lengthen the sleeves and get a fifth button. I would rather try some of the cuts with shorter jackets in 36R. Although Sienna appears to be the same online, I remember it as short. Havana could be an option. If no luck there, another option could be buying the Napoli 36R and shorten the coat.

Third option, which is probably the right for you, if it's within your budget, go MTM.

indigoroots

Reaction score
Greatly appreciate the honest feedback from both of you. I'll give the 36R a shot.

There's still the issue of the stomach area billowing out though. Is that an easy fix at the tailor?

zengy

Reaction score
You're welcome. Hard to tell from those pics. 36R will be a bit different in the fit. Ask the SA if it's still there. Good luck.

StephenB

Reaction score

There's no way you're 5'7! I'm (I think) 5'8 and the sleeves on the napoli are not nearly as short on my (by 2 inches it looks) and the jacket length is a bit longer. That is unless you have the nobbiest legs known to man but you're build doesn't look like it.

Ignore everything wrong with this picture and just look at the sleeves and length of this unaltered 36s napoli. (fyi that mess is the suit box from suitsupply :p)

FRPvIsY.jpg

Last edited:

leazua

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've oped up a thread but I think I should bring it over here for better traffic.

Finally registered after secretly digesting the wonderful content the community is pumping for the past year.

I've recently purchase the Sienna Blue Birds Eye in 38S (trouser is different size) in the Toronto location. It costed $749.00 + $86 (4alterations) + $108.55(HST) = $943.55 maple syrup dollars. I didn't have anything particular in mind except for the colour, needed something in blue. Went to the store, let the professional run through the collection and picked up the suit in about a week. Everything was great like I expected except for the online sales support.

While I was waiting for my suit, I notice the photo for my suit showing a VBC Revenge 140's but the fabric info says VBC 130's. I gave them a email and they quickly took down the discrepancies. I've also let them know there were other similar mistakes and it seen like no photos indicating the thread count is visible. But the photo is still in their server just not on the website: http://statics.suitsupply.com/image...ye_Sienna_P2445_Suitsupply_Online_Store_4.jpg

The fabric looks great, feels great. Should I be concern about it? No but I like to know why the differences.

I've then reached out to the online support, indicating my concern about WHY does my suit label not showing the thread count? How does one go about finding out their suit is made of the fabric indicate? I've exchange a few emails and one said the Sienna line is all made of 130's and one wasn't sure if it was 130's or 140's.

My suit label is something like this, with the pocket slightly different in material: http://statics.suitsupply.com/image...in_Sienna_P3485_Suitsupply_Online_Store_4.jpg

A example label with thread count: http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq181/volbom/photo5-2.jpg

I've also reach out the VBC, still waiting for a reply.

They have then forwarded my email to the Toronto team but I don't understand how they can be anymore helpful... I quote one of the email "But if you are asking why isn’t the Super Count listed on the label, this would be a question to take up with our manufacturers". I replied, which manufacture? The VBC or the Chinese manufacture (who are they?)... They avoided my question as if it's a hornet.

No reply, not even a auto ticket since then.

My question is simple. Why doesn't my suit fabric label indicate the thread count? Is VBC using a universal label now? Cost down? What could be the possible reasons?

It would be nice if the experience gentleman here can shred some light and two cents.

*I am 5 foot 4 and 74kg. Let me know if anyone would be interested seeing the suit fit and etc. It's a wonderful suit.

leazua

indigoroots

Reaction score
There's no way you're 5'7! I'm (I think) 5'8 and the sleeves on the napoli are not nearly as short on my (by 2 inches it looks) and the jacket length is a bit longer. That is unless you have the nobbiest legs known to man but you're build doesn't look like it.

Ignore everything wrong with this picture and just look at the sleeves and length of this unaltered 36s napoli. (fyi that mess is the suit box from suitsupply :p)

FRPvIsY.jpg

Haha you got me all excited to re-measure myself to see if I'd somehow grown. Still 5' 7" and a quarter :\

Last edited:

steffenbp11

Reaction score

Suitsupply outlet closed.

No great loss Imo. I don't think there was one piece there that tempted me. I am also pretty disappointed with the F/W offerings so far apart from some outerwear pieces. I really hope the NeXT batch will include some more sedate suits including a staple light grey flannel in Lazio or Sienna. I doubt it though...

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No great loss Imo. I don't think there was one piece there that tempted me. I am also pretty disappointed with the F/W offerings so far apart from some outerwear pieces. I really hope the NeXT batch will include some more sedate suits including a staple light grey flannel in Lazio or Sienna. I doubt it though...

they need to do them a nice brown tweed herringbone...

but i think the havana brown plain will do. and because its havana the jacket can be orphaned :)

lazio light grey check looking nice if it were flannel

hallph

Reaction score
Outlet store in the EU is now closed as of today.. bummer, since I was planning on ordering a couple of 36R / 36S suits...

Signed up to their email list so we'll see what happens with it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads