• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

steffenbp11

Reaction score
I agreee with cousin D , but I think that the lack of reviews/feedback is because no one here has actually bought a bag/portfolio. Posters on this thread are some of the most helpful on SF when it comes to helping and sharing their experiences in my opinion.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Havana.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
FWIW, I'll check out a few of the bags when I make it over to the Houston store after they open. Curious to know what they are like myself.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks very good! Whats the width of the lapels? I was under the impression that the havana and alot of their other cuts had fashun skinny lapels?

3 inches.

ATLien1982

Reaction score
Picked up my Havana after alterations today (Atlanta). Same as yours clarinet, except grey with blue windowpane instead of the brown.

The fit and alterations were great. No cuff like I asked though. That was a bit disappointing, since they had already removed the fabric...
The tailor onsite suggested we "french cuff it," since I asked to shorten it another half inch that gave them enough material to do it.

They did it while I waited, and the tailor saw me checking the fit of the jacket in the mirror. The salesman said it "looked perfect," but I walked over to the tailor and he said to let him let it out every-so-slightly.

Might've just been in my head, but after that was done it felt so much better, not that I had noticed anything at all wrong before he did this.

The tailor did his job well. The salesman had left out the note for 2" cuffs. A little disappointing because I had asked when I bought the suit how much of a cuff he would recommend and he said 2" as well.

He apologized immediately as soon as I brought it up.... whatever that's worth.

Tailor saved the day. Salesman was.... sales-y, but a nice guy.

I asked to see that slim document carrier, but they didn't have any on hand, so that was disappointing. They did show me a few alternatives so I could get a feel for it, and I like the quality of materials and construction.

While I was waiting for the tailor to fix the cuffs and such, I tried on a pair of trousers. Fit fine in the waste, but the slimness in the leg was off putting. Really would've walked out with those if they weren't so dramatically tapered. The taper on the havana suit trousers was just right, I thought.

I really like the store and layout, but was a bit underwhelmed after reading the glowing reports people were giving of salesmen in the nyc, dc and chicago stores.
Atlanta has a bit of catching up to do.

All said and done, I'll probably be back for another suit or two after christmas. The price/quality ratio is spot on, and doesn't leave much to be desired.
I'd prefer a bit less car salesman and more someone looking out for my stylistic interests. Newer store though, will get better I'm sure.

Last edited:

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Picked up my Havana after alterations today (Atlanta). Same as yours clarinet, except grey with blue windowpane instead of the brown. 

The fit and alterations were great. No cuff like I asked though. That was a bit disappointing, since they had already removed the fabric...

The tailor onsite suggested we "french cuff it," since I asked to shorten it another half inch that gave them enough material to do it. 

They did it while I waited, and the tailor saw me checking the fit of the jacket in the mirror. The salesman said it "looked perfect," but I walked over to the tailor and he said to let him let it out every-so-slightly. 

Might've just been in my head, but after that was done it felt so much better, not that I had noticed anything at all wrong before he did this. 

The tailor did his job well. The salesman had left out the note for 2" cuffs. A little disappointing because I had asked when I bought the suit how much of a cuff he would recommend and he said 2" as well. 

He apologized immediately as soon as I brought it up.... whatever that's worth. 

Tailor saved the day. Salesman was.... sales-y, but a nice guy. 

I asked to see that slim document carrier, but they didn't have any on hand, so that was disappointing. They did show me a few alternatives so I could get a feel for it, and I like the quality of materials and construction. 

While I was waiting for the tailor to fix the cuffs and such, I tried on a pair of trousers. Fit fine in the waste, but the slimness in the leg was off putting. Really would've walked out with those if they weren't so dramatically tapered. The taper on the havana suit trousers was just right, I thought. 

I really like the store and layout, but was a bit underwhelmed after reading the glowing reports people were giving of salesmen in the nyc, dc and chicago stores. 

Atlanta has a bit of catching up to do. 

All said and done, I'll probably be back for another suit or two after christmas. The price/quality ratio is spot on, and doesn't leave much to be desired. 

I'd prefer a bit less car salesman and more someone looking out for my stylistic interests. Newer store though, will get better I'm sure. 

RE: trouser cuffs

In mid November, I visited the Chicago store for the first time, and quite by accident. I purchased a Havana and a Washington. On both, I requested cuffs. But, on both trousers, there was not enough material. Now, I am not a tall person; my inseam measurement is about 30". Apparently, Suit Supply, on some models, determines whether or not cuffs are an option--hence, the lack of material to make a cuff. (??????) That was the conclusion that I had.

On that first visit, the sales staff was top notch, friendly, helpful, and not pushy. A few weeks ago, I was in Chicago, so I stopped in again. This time, it was a different crew. They were not rude, but seemed bored and indifferent. There were only two customers in the store.

So, like any service to the public, it is the human element, not the official organization, that makes the difference.

I'm glad you enjoy that grey Havana. I had to decide between that one and the brown check that I bought. It is a very comfortable suit.

In recent weeks, I have purchased a Napoli (a steal of deal from the now-closed Outlet) and a La Spalla (a splurge). The trousers on both of these suits have ample material for cuffs.

Last edited:

chaz44

Reaction score
I just purchased one of their Meer high end suits from SS few days ago. I'm a 36s and most if not all of their models fit like a glove OTR, needing very little alterations. However, when I inquired if any of their suit trousers came with side tabs (like all my Phineas trousers and suits) the salesman pointed me in the Meer direction. Was told it was fully canvassed, lot of hand work, higher end fabrics (mine was a S140s), and limited production/supply. And only available in the Madison Ave store in the NY area. They don't come in shorts, so I had to try on the 34R, and I must say, fit like a glove (with the exception of needing the sides of the jacket loosened ever so slightly). I purchased the medium grey suit, and it just fits like a dream. The drape of the trousers with the 2 inch cuff is just amazing. The suit is slim but not overly aggressive. Great for business meetings or going out at nights. This was my first time at SS, and will not be my last. Very impressed with the quality and especially fit at this price point. I'm really slim and for so much to fit so well OTR, it's a dream.

silkyslim

Reaction score
I ordered a shirt from suitsupply and received their catalog/newspaper thing, which includes a Havana navy plain jacket, item # C680. I can't find it on their website, only Havana Navy plain C540E which appears to be much lighter. Does anyone know the deal with this?

ATLien1982

Reaction score
RE: trouser cuffs

In mid November, I visited the Chicago store for the first time, and quite by accident. I purchased a Havana and a Washington. On both, I requested cuffs. But, on both trousers, there was not enough material. Now, I am not a tall person; my inseam measurement is about 30". Apparently, Suit Supply, on some models, determines whether or not cuffs are an option--hence, the lack of material to make a cuff. (??????) That was the conclusion that I had.

On that first visit, the sales staff was top notch, friendly, helpful, and not pushy. A few weeks ago, I was in Chicago, so I stopped in again. This time, it was a different crew. They were not rude, but seemed bored and indifferent. There were only two customers in the store.

So, like any service to the public, it is the human element, not the official organization, that makes the difference.

I'm glad you enjoy that grey Havana. I had to decide between that one and the brown check that I bought. It is a very comfortable suit.

In recent weeks, I have purchased a Napoli (a steal of deal from the now-closed Outlet) and a La Spalla (a splurge). The trousers on both of these suits have ample material for cuffs.
Couldn't resist.
Wore those Havana trousers to the office today (my office, so my rules :D ) . Killed it.

Never been one for such patterned trousers. Pinstripes at most, but I gotta say, these looked and felt great, and when I hung em up at the end of the day, they hardly looked worn.
Ended up being a 15 hour day before I got home.
I really enjoyed the material, almost flannel like, but not quite.
Very comfortable.

Got compliments everywhere. That's always nice... paired em with some brown dress boots and an ever-so-light purple shirt.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I ordered a shirt from suitsupply and received their catalog/newspaper thing, which includes a Havana navy plain jacket, item # C680. I can't find it on their website, only Havana Navy plain C540E which appears to be much lighter. Does anyone know the deal with this?

I own the C540E and it is pretty much a standard issue navy blazer color.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

First wearing of the Napoli grey pinstripe.

jcep

Reaction score
Used the search function and didn't manage to find info on the fill for suitsupply "bodywarmers" aka vests. Anyone know if they have any? If so what is it (i.e. Primaloft (what spec) down (what fill)). I like them but not sure if warm at all or if it's basically like wearing a sweater

Last edited:

ATLien1982

Reaction score
Used the search function and didn't manage to find info on the fill for suitsupply "bodywarmers" aka vests. Anyone know if they have any? If so what is it (i.e. Primaloft (what spec) down (what fill)). I like them but not sure if warm at all or if it's basically like wearing a sweater
These are tech specs... you can glean better info by just asking them about that via call or email right?

I'm sure if someone owns one here they'll give you their take on it... but the quickest way to find that out would be just to ask SS.
I'm curious too, btw. I'll ask to see one this weekend if I swing by the ATL store.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads