1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. utah711

utah711 New Member

Does anyone have the Terra Plain Copenhagen jacket, or at least seen it at a store? I'm curious how close it looks to the color on the site.

2. Epicurus

Epicurus Member

The Lazio in size 36 fits me pretty much perfectly as well.

When I first tried on the Napoli fit, the size 34 jacket was very good but the pants were far too small. The size 36 pants were really good, but the jacket was too large. The SuitSupply guys thought it wouldn't be worthwhile to get the 36 jacket altered (as adjusting the shoulders wouldn't make the suit a very sensible purchase cost-wise), so I've had to make do with Lazio, Sienna, La Spalla, etc.

3. jburton

jburton New Member

I was looking at ordering this online too but would like to know if anyone has picture of it?

4. Jackthelad

Jackthelad Member

I have tried and really like the Laspalla fit. Im however a bit concerned about the durability of the S150 cloth. Does anybody have any experience from how it holds up over time?

5. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

I don't have a lay flat issue with this navy, but my charcoal bows out a bit. I just have to press it from time to time.

I have a 38R in both cuts. Napoli definitely roomier, and Lazio trimmer. I I get another Lazio I will order both a 40R and 38L to compare.

6. ammanati

ammanati Senior member

3 people like this.
  7. jayw

jayw Well-Known Member

Has anyone been to the outlet recently? I'm thinking about flying through Cologne on my way home from Napoli and drive over to Roermond to pick some things up for cheap. Can I expect to find some good stuff there like Havana, Lazio and Washington suits/jackets in 98, or is it mostly odd sizes and items that didn't sell well?

8. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Senior member

It was only odd sizes and awkward patterns/colours when I went there. I definitely wouldn't recommend it.

9. DutchW

DutchW Senior member

Does anyone in the US have any experience ordering from Europe? I'd like to get ahold of some Jort trousers and I'm wondering if there's an easy way to do it. Thanks in advance.

*Edited for punctuation.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  10. utah711

utah711 New Member

Nobody has seen or owns this jacket?

11. CousinDonuts

No. You order it and report back.:D

2 people like this.
  12. Dashaansafin

Dashaansafin Senior member

Ugh thats awful...why do they make the Napoli's shoulder so freakin wide, there is no other standard navy suit option with them either....

13. Epicurus

Epicurus Member

I know what you mean. It would be really nice to be able to buy a plain navy suit in S110 wool from SS (especially in the Lazio), but we'll either have to look at alternatives or wait.

14. V1KTA222

V1KTA222 Senior member

Have you tried the London navy suit?

15. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Sorry for the spam, but I thought that some of these might be relevant:

True navy S110s Suitsupply suit for sale in 38R. It's located in the US, so cheap/fast shipping for North Americans. Send me any offer and it's yours. It has a small snag on the breast pocket, but it's hardly noticeable and can probably be rewoven.
    SOLD

Blue S120s Soho in 40R:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Blue herringbone cotton sport coat in 40R. Butterfly lined, so perfect for summer.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the best deal out of them all, a S130s Sienna, worn less than 10 times. Just £179, that's a £300 discount.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  16. mmmtttt

mmmtttt Senior member

The London blue plain is a fairly standard navy suit option if the napoli shoulders dont fit you.

edit : someone beat me to it

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  17. CousinDonuts

I suspect it is so freakin wide because everything else is so freakin narrow.

Easiest solution is to convince them to switch to separates. I don't understand why they haven't yet.

18. G Stenft

G Stenft New Member

Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone could comment on the fit of the new Napoli suit jacket that I bought. It feels a little snug across the top button but does the fit look right? Also, how do the shoulders look? This is without any alterations. I know that the suit pants in the last photo need to be shortened. Any comments/help would be appreciated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Andolin

Andolin Well-Known Member

Wondering what people think of the fit of this Washington suit…wondering whether I should order a size up next time. Apologies for poor image (and mirror) quality!

[​IMG]

20. Evolve

Evolve Senior member

^ Impossible to give proper feedback from that photo. But it does look a bit tight in the chest. Then again, it could just be from your arm being up to take the pic.