• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

charliebrown2

Reaction score
With the more classic cut (i.e. Sienna, Napoli, Jort, Lazio) it can be trusted imho. For the more modern cuts, I usually get one size up (& a long size).

Thanks for the info.

I'm looking at the blue Havana (modern cut?) plain navy wool ( http://us.suitsupply.com/jackets/ja...prefv1=Havana&prefn2=fitID&prefv2=Notch Lapel ) and the size advisor is telilng me to size up to 38S (I'm ~ 36S mostly). I guess the Havana is considered a modern cut? which would correlate with your experience.

Last edited:

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have you guys seen the Casablanca jacket? It's part military coat. Anyone for it?

a great piece with denim to look just a tad better than everyday-casual. just wish the cotton was lighter weight to be a bit more freeform than shaped

donjuan17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like the second. It actually looks like tweed to me tho (I know it's linen).

DK413

Reaction score
If anyone is a size 36R, today might be your lucky day.
I'm looking to get rid of my navy birds eye Sienna and blue plain Washington Half; both of which are still being sold on the site.
Both being sold for steal prices: the Sienna being $470 and Washington Half being $250. Both negotiable and willing to trade for Washington suits in 34R or 36R.

Check out my classifieds if you're interested.

brianoh

Reaction score

If anyone is a size 36R, today might be your lucky day.
I'm looking to get rid of my navy birds eye Sienna and blue plain Washington Half; both of which are still being sold on the site.
Both being sold for steal prices: the Sienna being $470 and Washington Half being $250. Both negotiable and willing to trade for Washington suits in 34R or 36R.

Check out my classifieds if you're interested.

if only you were selling 36S.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK mjrester and others, hopefully this is a little better side-by-side comparison of a Regular compared to Long. Please excuse any funky drape, as that is attributed to a) these being unconstructed jackets, and b) me trying to stand still in a robopose before the timer went off.

On the left is a Havana model in size 38R, purchased in September 2012. It measures 30.125" from the top of the collar down the back seem to the bottom. I did not tailor anything on this jacket. My belly button is about 2/3rds of the way from the top button to the bottom button.

On the right is a Havana model in size 38L, purchased in May 2013. It measures 31.25". I had my tailor shorten the sleeves. I think he shortened about 5/8". My belly button is also about 2/3rds of the way from the top button to the bottom button.

Even though the camera shooting upwards doesn't help the view of the button stance (sorry, this was the best I could do), the top button rests at about the same place on my stomach for each.

End result, pretty high button stance, not much difference in length...

I just looked at the SS website and the Havana product measurements show a little shorter than my own - 29.5" and 30.7".

Last edited:

PapaRubbery

Reaction score
Update on the Outlet-Proxy:

As it seems, I can make it the Outlet next week.

Being there, I will take pictures of the available suits/SCs/shirts etc and post them here.

Will keep you guys posted.

Hi friend,

Please do. Can you post in this thread before you go to the outlet?

Will happily pay you to to buy all the 24's in suits, and 48's in sports coats and post them to me.

Cheers!

Syeknom

Reaction score
Almost visited the roosendaal outlet on sunday but went to Antwerp first and "foolishly" spent a ton of money on designer sales so decided to give it a miss this month.

flashkobalt

Reaction score
Oh man...this outlet talk is making me happy...please buy millions of items in the Washington cut in size 52...

quuz

Reaction score

Update on the Outlet-Proxy:

As it seems, I can make it the Outlet next week.

Being there, I will take pictures of the available suits/SCs/shirts etc and post them here.

Will keep you guys posted.

Yay, Im looking for suits/sports coats in 46 and shirts in 14.5 :slayer:

charliebrown2

Reaction score
OK mjrester and others, hopefully this is a little better side-by-side comparison of a Regular compared to Long. Please excuse any funky drape, as that is attributed to a) these being unconstructed jackets, and b) me trying to stand still in a robopose before the timer went off.

On the left is a Havana model in size 38R, purchased in September 2012. It measures 30.125" from the top of the collar down the back seem to the bottom. I did not tailor anything on this jacket. My belly button is about 2/3rds of the way from the top button to the bottom button.

On the right is a Havana model in size 38L, purchased in May 2013. It measures 31.25". I had my tailor shorten the sleeves. I think he shortened about 5/8". My belly button is also about 2/3rds of the way from the top button to the bottom button.

Even though the camera shooting upwards doesn't help the view of the button stance (sorry, this was the best I could do), the top button rests at about the same place on my stomach for each.

End result, pretty high button stance, not much difference in length...

I just looked at the SS website and the Havana product measurements show a little shorter than my own - 29.5" and 30.7".

Hey cousins, curious to hear what your measurements are. Thanks.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads