1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member

Obvious answer, but it depends on your office. For the average office, in this day & age, should be fine. But only you know your own workplace.

Posting to this thread to say that I finally got a chance to wear one of the Suitsupply suits I bought a few weeks ago, and as real-life fit pics are generally found useful here, thought I'd link you to the photo in the photo in main WAYWRN thread.

2. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Well-Known Member

I wear my Havana's to the office a lot. My coworkers wear JosBanks and Brooks. No one has ever made a comment about the patch in a negative way. My 2 cents.

I think it looks like a blue cotton DB blazer. On sale. "What do you think" is too broad. do I think it would be good for a job at McDonalds? No. Do I think my boss will wear it? No. Would a dog like to roll around on it? Maybe. What are you specifically asking?

Um, why didn't you try on the Havana in the store instead of asking anonymous people on the internet later? I remember seeing Havanas in the London store a year ago. The Havana fits close to the body. Please look at all of the fantastic discussions that were held about that model about 40 posts ago.

I have never seen the Washington with the same amount of "staple" fabrics as say the Napoli, but they do pop up from time to time. Much less Washingtons featured in the F/W collection.

@ gettoasty - spoilers please.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  3. happydayz1

happydayz1 New Member

@CousinsDonuts

Um because I wasn't aware of the style at the time and only say it online subsequent to my visit. Is this acceptable to you? Do I have permission to ask any more questions your highness?

Also thank you for re directing to a discussion 40 pages ago, normally I would appreciate this help however the general tone of your response seems to suggest that I was too lazy to sift through all 114 pages to check if there was a discussion. There is no need to respond to my posts, to those that do, in a helpful manner, as I would expect from a civilised forum, thank you.

4. Hordie

Hordie Member

I wear my Havanas in a mid-size law-firm and to court, no problems here. A well fitting Havana looks quite sharp.

Regarding SS's line-up: Did they ever sell a Tweed jacket? They have a Harris Tweed bag in stock, but no jacket, sadly.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  5. CousinDonuts

Civility does not always exist in anonymous web settings. Sorry to burst your bubble.

I said 40 POSTS ago, not pages. Should take you all of 5 minutes to skim the last 200 posts really. There is also a search function - within the thread and broadly on SF.

If you had added "After visiting the store I discovered the Havana online. I am bummed I missed them in the store. Would anyone know how they fit compared to the Washington?" then we would have enough context to realize you actually made an effort, and we could reward you with the knowledge you seek.

Instead, I am being a dick because there is a shitload of great information in these pages. It is tiresome to constantly regurgitate the same info over and over. You want to see some real dickhead responses? Start a new thread about what you should wear to your buddy's wedding. Better yet, post that question in the WAYWRN thread along with a picture of you wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

(I did answer your questions by the way).

Carry on.

6. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be a good idea to make a sticky for threads like these? The same questions are being asked over an over again.

7. happydayz1

happydayz1 New Member

And why does civility not exist, because people like you feel the need to rule the roost over the forums that they frequent and feel the desire to be unnecessarily rude to new members as the question has been asked at some stage in the past. I would say you wouldnt be rude to a customer in a shop as you had been asked the same question by another customer a week ago, but I am sure you would.

Im sorry I didnt realise I needed to work for a reward. It is a fashion forum for god sake, get over yourself. Ignore such questions if they annoy you and don't feel the compulsion to give "smart replies". You are dealing with adults here not 10 year old children.

8. CousinDonuts

Funny you say that...just this morning my 3yo asked me where her favorite doll was. I had seen her playing with the doll 30 minutes before this question was posed. Being the good parent that I am, one who teaches by providing the tools to cultivate exploration and curiosity, and helping them work through the logic on their own, I suggested that she walk to the rooms that she had been already and see if the doll was in any of them. Alas, she comes running out of the bathroom holding her doll above her head and smiling. "Found it, daddy."

So if my 3yo can do it........:satisfied:

So, in all seriousness, have your questions been answered yet? I do remember offering up some real responses about my experience with a Havana coat, which you seemed to have passed over.

9. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Well-Known Member

Dude, your question has literally been answered 100s of times in this thread. Be an adult and use the search function.

1 person likes this.
  10. TM79

TM79 Well-Known Member

I wish I lived on a planet where I always wanted to have easy to find information spoon fed to me and then could criticize people who didn't spoon feed me.

2 people like this.
  11. sinfjotli

sinfjotli Well-Known Member

Guys, a tip for making scanning past posts more efficient: Go to your SF profile settings and set the post count per page on max (100).

3 people like this.
  12. jimanchower

jimanchower Well-Known Member

Happy Friday, SF. First time poster. A month or so ago I was confronted with a funeral to attend with about a week's notice. I lost a good chunk of weight this summer and my old suit fit hilariously badly even before that, so I did some quick research and went with a Napoli suit in dark gray, 38R. I was happy enough with the fit OTR that I wore it as-is, although I had my mother-in-law hem the pants. On the strength of that suit's look this week I ordered a Havana jacket in brown, also 38R. I wanted to ask for some feedback on my Napoli suit jacket, and maybe what to expect out of the Havana.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm 71.5" and 170 pounds. 38" around the chest and 35" around the belly button (using SS's measuring technique). I'm wearing a casual OCBD shirt, but I'm a 16-33.5 or thereabouts. Seems like the sleeves could be let out a hair, but other than that, how's the fit?

Thanks for any feedback. I'll report back on the Havana. If it fits well I think it's going to replace a J Crew Ludlow jacket (also a 38R) that I bought but definitely doesn't fit great OTR.

13. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

Napoli looks nice. As you said you can lengthen the sleeves a tad (.5" or .25")

I prefer the jackets to be a little longer. Have you considered ordering in long?

I am still not sure what other jacket I should order. I kind of want to kill two birds with one stone. One navy and one ??? I want it to be versatile enough with brown and black shoes.

14. CousinDonuts

@jimanchower - do all of your shirts have sleeves that long? To me, they look a little long. I'd check other shirts before touching the jacket. It would be helpful to determine length (to getto's long or regular comment) if you also wore the suit pants.

15. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Well-Known Member

16. jimanchower

jimanchower Well-Known Member

Yeah, my shirt sleeves are too long in general. I've got some shirts that should fit properly en route. I'll definitely wait until I have a proper shirt to use for the basis of alterations. Thanks to you and getto for the feedback.

17. hexagon

hexagon Member

18. othertravel

othertravel Well-Known Member

19. othertravel

othertravel Well-Known Member