• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A-Lawson

Reaction score
Just order some fabric samples from SuSu instead?!
1.JPG

2.JPG

Thank you for your helpful input.

harorld

Reaction score
I picked up a blue sienna suit from SS a few months ago. Haven't worn it out yet. I recently tried it on and honestly, the sleeves are a bit short. I think they adjusted them a bit too much. if I bring it in they can add a bit of length to the sleeves, right?

St1X

Reaction score
I picked up a blue sienna suit from SS a few months ago. Haven't worn it out yet. I recently tried it on and honestly, the sleeves are a bit short. I think they adjusted them a bit too much. if I bring it in they can add a bit of length to the sleeves, right?
yes. Something like up to 2-2.5cm, I think

StartingStyle

Reaction score
I just got the new beige safari jacket. Looks great in my opinion, just need to figure out some combinations.

St1X

Reaction score
I just got the new beige safari jacket. Looks great in my opinion, just need to figure out some combinations.
Which one is that? I just received two of them - navy flannel and black hounds tooth. The latter one is really amazing! Too bad it doesn't have sleeve lining ☹️

St1X

Reaction score
I love their safari jackats and own 5 of them. However this new linen design failed to impress me. I own an old design light Grey linen jacket and it's mind blowing. Linen has 3 dimensional texture that ads a lot of depth and luxuriousness to it. My most favorite jacket and the only piece I got numerous compliments on by strangers in Sweden. For the record - Swedes would rather die than talk to a stranger ?. That's how good that jacket is!

cjmorris21

Reaction score
Ha! I have compromised and gone with dark jeans or casual-ish trousers and a sportcoat, but stopped short of the full suit. My only "reason" is that it's what I look best in. Why not look your best?

I do agree with the other poster who said that nothing looks better than a suit, with that being said Ive had to wear suits my entire career except for casual Fridays, where I would still wear nice trousers and a sport coat. I actually enjoyed Fridays more because like you said there are more options for variety and I love patterned sport coats. Now my new job is business casual so I get to wear trousers and a sport coat every day. I have many SS prince of Wales sport coats, a couple of navy/blue Washington's and a nice checked Washington as well and many others mostly from SS. I am lucky that the SS 36 fits me excellently right off the rack , the tailor cannot find anything to alter in the 36 for me. I am a huge fan of SS dress trousers and they are all I wear. Also I think this look works well with a tie too, think Don Draper on the weekends. In terms of shirts of course you can wear a button down but lately I've been doing the wool/silk polo shirt instead of a dress shirt. I think the sport coat/trousers look also gives one the opportunity to mix it up with your footwear. You can wear lace ups if you want, loafers, monkstraps, Chelsea boots, etc. You can wear suede or leather. Heck sometimes I even wear Stubb's and Wooten slippers, the skull and crossbone ones always get comments.

Anyways sorry to ramble, I just wanted to say I feel you my friend! This makes me want to go buy more trousers and sportcoats!

Rudimon

Reaction score
Both the fabrics I have are VBC S130 wool. One is navy (580.901/420) and the other is mid grey (580.901/4). As @Marc S said, they are both quite light, soft, and fine. As to the fabrics I would shy away from, I don't have enough of a knowledge of this to say one way or another. But my thought is that if a fabric is fine for half-canvas--as, I imagine, most of SuitSupply's fabrics are--it would be fine for full-canvas, too.

I have the standard canvas weight on both suits. Although--unless the SuitSupply representative messed up and accidentally entered the light canvas option--the suits feel quite light overall.

I'm currently looking to buy my first navy suit and I'm unsure of the color. Some navy suits appear almost black, while others are blue or even grey. Could you post a pic of your 580.901/420 suit?

Also if anyone has any suggestion for a classic navy fabric that's available in the custom program I'd appreciate it!

nevaeh

Reaction score
I'm currently looking to buy my first navy suit and I'm unsure of the color. Some navy suits appear almost black, while others are blue or even grey. Could you post a pic of your 580.901/420 suit?

Also if anyone has any suggestion for a classic navy fabric that's available in the custom program I'd appreciate it!
Sure! Here are a few photos. It’s a beautiful color and I’d say it’s a solid navy, not too dark, taking it to black, and not too light, taking it to blue.

Attachments

• 8A4A4888-C8C0-4EF0-927D-E215C45E1326.jpeg
    8A4A4888-C8C0-4EF0-927D-E215C45E1326.jpeg
    92.8 KB · Views: 355
  • 93C3D384-5CC5-4513-B1E7-12DE924F8E41.jpeg
    93C3D384-5CC5-4513-B1E7-12DE924F8E41.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 378

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suitsupply Europe had some significant price increase yesterday ..

Some Lazio jackets went from 249 EUR to 299 EUR .. The wool t shirt I bought for 59 few days ago went to 69 overnight ..

Around 20% increase .. I guess that's the real past year inflation in the world anyway ..

cjmorris21

Reaction score
Suitsupply Europe had some significant price increase yesterday ..

Some Lazio jackets went from 249 EUR to 299 EUR .. The wool t shirt I bought for 59 few days ago went to 69 overnight ..

Around 20% increase .. I guess that's the real past year inflation in the world anyway ..

Honestly everything is more expensive now. Inflation in the US is around 7%. It is a seller's market. Not a great time to buy a new or used car, homes are significantly overpriced, food is more expensive, I could go on. I hope that eventually there is a correction.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly everything is more expensive now. Inflation in the US is around 7%. It is a seller's market. Not a great time to buy a new or used car, homes are significantly overpriced, food is more expensive, I could go on. I hope that eventually there is a correction.

I agree .. demand for luxury goods exploded in the past 2 years. Waiting lists for popular Rolex models are measured in years ..

Fed will probably raise the rates from March, however, I don't expect anything to become cheaper than what it is .. It would probably just be more obtainable and easier to get in terms of delivery time ..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics