1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. eHaberdasher

eHaberdasher Senior member Affiliate Vendor

What pleco said is correct. Only La Spall/Jort is fully canvassed. The others are all half canvassed.

2. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

I have the Napoli navy plain which is a pretty standard issue navy suit. Does anyone have the Napoli blue plain? It appears to be bluer on their site, but curious if anyone has both IRL and can tell me if it's too blue for an office setting.

3. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

How do you do the pinch test for half canvas? The consensus seems to be that this can't be done. It works fine for full canvas though.

4. makaveli

makaveli Member

Had the same concerns and just received the Napoli blue and think its just fine. The color on the site is a bit exaggerated IMO. Granted, I haven't had a chance to wear it in broad daylight but its more of a dusky blue than bright blue if that makes sense.

5. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

Thanks for the insight gent's

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  6. destiny7

destiny7 Well-Known Member

I recently purchased Suit Supply Blue Plain Napoli P3458i
    http://us.suitsupply.com/suits/suit...fv1=Purple Line $469&prefn2=color&prefv2=Blue

Review:

Live in Toronto had to make my purchase online I was hoping suit will be more darker navy but its almost air force blue. Had to get major alterations since I am 40r had to lengthen arms. Good slim fit. One thing I am not very impressed by is that its very uncomfortable to wear it in summer, I am not sure why.

7. atoms

atoms Senior member

This is the unstructured jacket I mentioned earlier, size 34. I tried on a 32 which fit absolutely perfectly in the shoulders but there wasn't enough material to let out in the waist (and it really needed it). Tugged on my shirt sleeve too hard but you get the idea. As mentioned, I think this coat is very versatile.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. CousinDonuts

Any chance you guys could snap a cloth pic while outside? No biggie if not, but curious what it looks like in natural light.

9. louloufafa

louloufafa Senior member

Does anyone know how the copenhagen jackets fit? Their Havana 38S fits me great. Should I get a 38R or even a 40R for the copenhagen fit since the copenhagen seems shorter and a lot slimmer at the wait?

10. yjeezle

yjeezle Senior member

i'm kinda pissed at SS right now... they said they received a return on one of my suits but they STILL haven't processed the return (almost approaching 20 days)...

11. Kroaker

Kroaker Senior member

I've never had that kind of problem with them. I hope you've called to ask what's up?

12. Danno

Danno Member

This looks good, mind posting your height/weight?

13. facet

facet Senior member

That looks very nice atoms. Thanks for sharing and enjoy.

14. atoms

atoms Senior member

Thanks! You never know how others will view things. As a reminder, the Havana Brown Check pictured is a 34R.

I am 5'10", 135-140 pounds. 36" chest, 32" around my natural waist (I wear a size 29 in Levi's), 16" shoulders (which makes it very difficult to get OTR clothes.). I usually wear a 32" in shirt sleeve length. I have a weird body shape because I'm thin (non-muscular, but not without) and carry fat collected at my man-boobs and gut. I'm an older gentlemen as you might tell and am lacking that youthful structure :)

As a side note for comparison, the Washington cut fits me TIGHTLY in a size 36R. It's tight everywhere, arms, armpits, shoulders, chest, and waist. However the linen one I bought can be let out almost 1.5" and it's currently at the tailor where we're letting it out at the side seams 1". If that's not enough then we'll let out a bit more on the back seam. I like it specifically because of the tight fit as it'll be the only coat I own like that and it's a nice change from everything else. The tailor wanted me to loosen it in other areas until I explained the look I was after.

I hope this is helpful for others.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  15. holyace2k2

holyace2k2 Active Member

Blargz

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  16. CousinDonuts

It looks like the lapels are bowing, which is a sign of a too tight chest. Also looks a tad short, but that's a personal preference, and something I know about if you look at my Havana posts above. But the shoulders look to be sitting where they should, and the body looks decent.

This is why you should always order multiple sizes and take advantage of their free returns.

1 person likes this.
  17. holyace2k2

holyace2k2 Active Member

Thanks for the reply CousinDonuts! Yeah I should have ordered both sizes!

Yeah the lapels do bow, first thing I noticed when I put it on, and that's why I was thinking about sizing up. Can a tailor fix that with this size? Or would that be too much work? Should I try sizing up instead? Would it be easier to work with something bigger than something smaller for tailors?

I did just read this about lapels (so I guess it would be tough for them to try to fix that): If it doesn’t fit, you should: avoid buying the jacket. Altering the lapel of a jacket is possible, however it will require your tailor to alter the side-seams of your jacket which will change the way the midsection of the jacket sits on your body. This will also ruin the natural design of patterned fabrics, particularly pinstripes, as they will no longer sit vertically along your body if the sides are altered. Avoid this at all costs.

18. CousinDonuts

You might post this in the tailor's feedback thread. What also doesn't help the problem is the higher buttoning point. You may be better off with the larger size and nipping the waist and hips, but make sure the shoulders aren't too big.

1 person likes this.
  19. holyace2k2

holyace2k2 Active Member

Thanks CousinDonuts! I will post it there and ask. I have heard the shoulders are the most important part.

Now just need to find the tailoring forum :p

20. yjeezle

yjeezle Senior member

yeah, i'm planning on calling them tomorrow
    the weird part was that they never bothered to follow up with me on that return but when I asked them directly about it via e-mail they said that they had it and they were planning on refunding me on july 1st...

very weird situation imo.