• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Displacement

Reaction score
Can anyone give me some thoughts on this? I'm happy with the fit overall but I'm concerned about the sleeve length and have never tried to lengthen the sleeves on a jacket with functioning buttons (whose genius idea was that, anyway?). My apologies for the dirty mirror, my fiance is out of town and as a member of the patriarchy I cannot clean it.

Last edited:

TheSuit

Reaction score
Just received a Havanna SC, but it's a little tight at the waist. How much can it be let out?

Displacement

Reaction score

Pants look a little messy down the bottom. Perhaps shorten it?

This is straight out of the box so the pants haven't been hemmed yet. They're a little messy pretty much throughout, though, with some drape issues in several places. I'm still happy with the value per dollar but would certainly adjust a few things in a perfect world.

Timo - this is the sleeve length I prefer. Achievable here?

Last edited:

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ mxtwoforty - I also like the Sienna fit a little better than the Napoli. The overall length isn't too long (unless you want a super duper fashion forward Topman-styled coat) but I would shorten the sleeves and bring in the waist.

@ Displacement - the answer depends on how much shirt cuff you want to show. What we see in this picture is more than most wear but it isn't Jethro looking. But with the functional there is only so far you can take it. You could probably add 3/8" and not look too wonky on the button placement. But the question that I always ask myself is, if I make the change will it bug me every single time I look down my sleeve, bug me to the point I'm self conscious about it? Also, could you consider a long if this is a regular?

Last edited:

Displacement

Reaction score
Cousin - I thought about switching to a long but the button stance and length are pretty much right where I want them. The buttons are already placed fairly high on the sleeve so I don't think letting it out at the cuff is going to be an option, I might just have to bring it to my tailor and see if they're able to let it down from the shoulder.

filterq

Reaction score
That much cuff is acceptable, but if you're more conservative then lengthening it out is no big deal. You can lengthen sleeves with functional button-holes as long as it's not too much. .25 of an inch or half an inch won't be an issue. Wear it how you're comfortable or it will stay in your closet too often.

Syeknom

Reaction score
Worsted wool flannel. Lovely but going to get to warm now that it's heating up here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads