• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the code guys. I picked up a Washington to try. I want a slimmer waist as the Lazio needs to be taken in for me. I'm curious if there are current season Washington cuts like this without the 3 roll 2 and the ticket pocket. I much prefer the cleaner look here.

That jacket is so cool. I wear mine all the time. SuSu stopped making the Washington Half around two years ago, which is a pity. I greatly prefer it to the regular Washington.

As has been mentioned, it is rather slim. I can wear my regular size but I'm probably the exception, not the rule. I size up because of the added length and lower buttoning point. For reference:

48L
1010896 v2.jpg

50L
1040386.jpg

mbaltazar

Reaction score
@Suitsupply

why no outlet for the EU people? I dont understand....

The "brilliant" answer, I received from SS client service once, was:

- because they have a "physical" outlet somewhere in the Netherlands. Which is great and in hand for the vast majority of us, we can just drop by after work...

- it's cost related, because the majority of the SS inventory is in the US, so shipping to the EU is rather expensive. This is even more stupid because, probably more than 80% of the stuff sold through the outlet ships from the EU...

Plus, SuitSupply is an EU based company, so I honestly don't get it...

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The "brilliant" answer, I received from SS client service once, was:

- it's cost related, because the majority of the SS inventory is in the US, so shipping to the EU is rather expensive. This is even more stupid because, probably more than 80% of the stuff sold through the outlet ships from the EU...

The coat I ordered from their EU outlet, while it was open was dispatched from USA ..

Along with the coat came the tax/import bill of about 70,00 EUR and the coat it self was about 150,00 EUR or so if I remember well.. I sent the SS an e-mail and they reimbursed me for all these duties ..

I guess that could be one of the reasons as well, beside UPS pricey postage from US to EU ..

EUtroll

Reaction score
I've to admit that I do feel a bit "cheated" by the lack out an EU outlet but, as said, the prices are already lower here and they're offering a great product for the price.

However, I did visit the NL outlet some years ago and it was a sad place full of garments in need of repairs.

chwauters

Reaction score
It's because standard prices in the EU, and especially the eurozone, are much lower than in North America.

That + sales are final in the US while you can still return the outlet items you bought online in the EU. It just makes more economic sense for them to sell outlet items outside of the EU - unfortunately.

mbaltazar

Reaction score
It's because standard prices in the EU, and especially the eurozone, are much lower than in North America.

That + sales are final in the US while you can still return the outlet items you bought online in the EU. It just makes more economic sense for them to sell outlet items outside of the EU - unfortunately.

In the last EU Outlet, if I recall correctly sales were also final.

We can't compare prices without comparing market offer, costs, average cost of living, consumer price indexes, GDP and so on...

A Lazio in the EU costs €299, around USD366. the same Lazio in the US costs USD499, something around €407. In the EU we have a lot of market offer around €299/$366, the vast majority of cloth is made in the EU, wages are lower in the EU, carrying costs are lower in the EU, taxes are easy to calculate, the Netherlands is "kind of a" offshore, with a very liberal taxation scheme.

I wouldn't say it's because standard prices are lower in the EU, perhaps they might even be, but the margin is probably higher.

I think the question is about offer, lower quality offer at higher prices in the US; so they can position their product at a higher price point and; scale, the US is a huge market with higher buying power than the majority of the EU countries.

In the EU €299 is the "just right" price point for a Lazio. I can find good MTM for €400/500, around USD490/610 and for the price of a Jort (USD999) I can almost have Bespoke...

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can find good MTM for €400/500, around USD490/610 and for the price of a Jort (USD999) I can almost have Bespoke...

That's certainly not the case here in Finland. MTM starts at €1100, and that's before you've even chosen a fabric. I've been champing at the bit waiting for SuSu to open up the store in Helsinki because their MTM service is so cheap.

mbaltazar

Reaction score
That's certainly not the case here in Finland. MTM starts at €1100, and that's before you've even chosen a fabric. I've been champing at the bit waiting for SuSu to open up the store in Helsinki because their MTM service is so cheap.

I live in Portugal, a lot of brands carry MTM starting around €400/€500.

My tailor makes bespoke for €1200 with fabric, something like VBC, or Reda, or some Zegna he usually has in the shop. Obviously, if you want something "special" he will get it and charge you for it.

Vinsep

Reaction score

My tailor makes bespoke for €1200 with fabric, something like VBC, or Reda, or some Zegna he usually has in the shop. Obviously, if you want something "special" he will get it and charge you for it.

Isn’t it nice to live in Portugal.... I don’t know too much about beskpoke suit pricing. But the lowest price in nyc is about 3500. I heard you can get FIT students to make something cheaper, but, the risk...

konix

Reaction score
so if they only ship part of your outlet order does that mean everything else was out of stock?

Vinsep

Reaction score

A follow up question. Why do you even pay attention to SuSu when you have many great options?

h3ro

Reaction score
so if they only ship part of your outlet order does that mean everything else was out of stock?
Not necessarily. Some items are in stock in different locations and ship quicker. They'll usually send out an email pretty shortly after your order if an item went out of stock while you were checking out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads