1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Suitsupply NYC

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by musicguy, Jun 20, 2011.

1. osw880

osw880 Active Member

I would like to share outlet purchases. (3 jackets and 1 suit)

I rather went suit/jackets with bold and fancy patterns and fabrics this time.
    I thought I already have enough solid/essential pieces and I wanted to buy few sportscoats (Havana and Hudson with patch pockets) that I can pair up with light grey, navy trousers etc.

Any thought?

2.png 1.png

2. monkeynuts

monkeynuts Well-Known Member

picked up my outlet napoli grey herringbone from the store today, got some alterations done

3. nqtri

nqtri Senior Member

Really need help with the Bleecker fit linen DB overcoat. The size chart seems like it runs small. Should I take the same size as my suit size or size up if I want to wear it over my sportcoat sometimes? Sizing up would run the sleeve length into danger zone and it's tough to alter when buttonholes are functional.

4. CMAc7

CMAc7 Senior Member

I have a bleeker overcoat, although it is in wool. I took my standard S.S. size and I am very happy with the fit. It seems that the armholes are cut a tad larger too so to make taking it off and on easier.

5. Kelvin0683

Kelvin0683 Well-Known Member

What is the Herringbone like? I was considering picking it up but I wasn't too sure.

6. Kimistry

Kimistry Senior Member

@osw880: I have that hudson birds eye and I love it. People also compliment me on the jacket too. Good purchase.

7. monkeynuts

monkeynuts Well-Known Member

It is nice. Probably could not wear it in a conservative business formal setting, but anywhere else will be fine.

8. RexBanner

RexBanner Well-Known Member

Damn I just got the email for the outlet today :(. I probably missed out on a lot of things. However, this is the first time I've seen the outlet available to Canadians. Has the outlet been open to Canadians for days now?

Also, any thoughts/comments on these items if anyone has them?

https://ca.suitsupply.com/en_CA/c_s...html?cgid=C_Shoes&prefn1=size&prefv1=11|12|10

https://ca.suitsupply.com/en_CA/c_s...html?cgid=C_Shoes&prefn1=size&prefv1=11|12|10

https://ca.suitsupply.com/en_CA/c_j...?cgid=C_Jackets&prefn1=size&prefv1=42L|44L|42

What's the sizing like on those Jort sneakers? I have one pair of SS dress shoes in size 10.5 (monk straps) so I thought 11 in those sneakers would be good?

9. Michael81

Michael81 Senior Member

That jacket is so cool. I wear mine all the time. SuSu stopped making the Washington Half around two years ago, which is a pity. I greatly prefer it to the regular Washington.

As has been mentioned, it is rather slim. I can wear my regular size but I'm probably the exception, not the rule. I size up because of the added length and lower buttoning point. For reference:

48L
    1010896 v2.jpg
    50L
    1040386.jpg

10. paddymac

paddymac Well-Known Member

@Suitsupply

why no outlet for the EU people? I dont understand....

11. mbaltazar

mbaltazar Senior Member

The "brilliant" answer, I received from SS client service once, was:

- because they have a "physical" outlet somewhere in the Netherlands. Which is great and in hand for the vast majority of us, we can just drop by after work...

- it's cost related, because the majority of the SS inventory is in the US, so shipping to the EU is rather expensive. This is even more stupid because, probably more than 80% of the stuff sold through the outlet ships from the EU...

Plus, SuitSupply is an EU based company, so I honestly don't get it...

12. Michael81

Michael81 Senior Member

It's because standard prices in the EU, and especially the eurozone, are much lower than in North America.

13. Nikola

Nikola Distinguished Member

The coat I ordered from their EU outlet, while it was open was dispatched from USA ..

Along with the coat came the tax/import bill of about 70,00 EUR and the coat it self was about 150,00 EUR or so if I remember well.. I sent the SS an e-mail and they reimbursed me for all these duties ..

I guess that could be one of the reasons as well, beside UPS pricey postage from US to EU ..

14. EUtroll

EUtroll Senior Member

I've to admit that I do feel a bit "cheated" by the lack out an EU outlet but, as said, the prices are already lower here and they're offering a great product for the price.

However, I did visit the NL outlet some years ago and it was a sad place full of garments in need of repairs.

15. chwauters

chwauters New Member

That + sales are final in the US while you can still return the outlet items you bought online in the EU. It just makes more economic sense for them to sell outlet items outside of the EU - unfortunately.