• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stowa: Anyone Dissapointed?

Dripp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by retozimmermann
Nomos has the more elegant design if you ask me. I've been contemplating the same choice in the past as well and as much as one wants to get good value for one's money I've always felt that in this case the less expensive model just doesn't quite deliver what the more expensive one does. But in all fairness: I haven't bought either of the two watches yet.

I should have included this in my earlier post, but I also have the Nomos Tangente sport. Much dressier than my Stowas, but I actually prefer to wear the Stowa. I'm not completely sure why, maybe its just that they feel more substantial due to their size. Regardless, I'm a german watch fan and that won't change.

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couldnt be happier with them.

Recently i broke mine and sent it back to Tobias. He kept me included in everything the whole time via emails regarding what needed to be done and prices.

Plus the product itself is amazing for the price.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by raybert
I have 3 Stowas (Antea KS, Antea 365 and Flieger) and 3 Nomos (Tangente, Club and Tetra). You get a lot of watch for your money with Stowa - quality and service is fantastic. I got the stowa first because it was more accessible and easier to buy direct from stowa. One thing you will learn is patience but it is worth the waiting time. There are quite a few reviews and feedback on both brand of watches at the Watchuseek forums. I know this doesn't help but I would continuing buying from both.

Originally Posted by retozimmermann
Nomos has the more elegant design if you ask me. I've been contemplating the same choice in the past as well and as much as one wants to get good value for one's money I've always felt that in this case the less expensive model just doesn't quite deliver what the more expensive one does. But in all fairness: I haven't bought either of the two watches yet.

hmmm, interesting. Thanks for the feedback guys. it seems that the stowas are excellent bang for buck, and most poeple couldn't even tell them apart, but somehow it just seems to my eye (and maybe becuase I know the difference) that the Nomos is just that little bit more elegant. It's more then double the price, but then again if I'd spend $1k on any suit and wear it a few times a year, why not spend the same on my one watch and really enjoy it instead of going half way.

Oleg

Reaction score
More than happy with my Antea. Took a while to arrive but you can't rush some things and the wait was part of the fun, I guess. And the company were a delight to deal with. It's often commented on, most recently by the women next to me on a plane. I love the way the hands look black most of the time but glint bright blue in the right light. Can't be beaten for value: if you like the styling, I'd go for it. I like Nomos too but couldn't justify the extra cash once I'd found the Stowa

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads