• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As mentioned, fit is king, of course, but on looks alone, the Cleverley's, without question. For St.C, did you use the Classic last as the base for modification?

Yes, the last is heavily modified but based off a size 11.5 classic last

Meyboom

Reaction score
Yes, the last is heavily modified but based off a size 11.5 classic last
I thought there was a slow revival of rounder toed lasts so I am surprised to read so much love for the more elongated chiseled GC last. Purely on looks I still find St C's classic last one of the most beautiful lasts around, but the traditional EG last doesnt look bad either...

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought there was a slow revival of rounder toed lasts so I am surprised to read so much love for the more elongated chiseled GC last. Purely on looks I still find St C's classic last one of the most beautiful lasts around, but the traditional EG last doesnt look bad either...

The GC can’t be a primary shoe. It’s got to be something you have for certain occasions.

For day to day classic dress, I stick to St C classic last and EG. My EGs are on the 202 which is absolutely stunning in the narrow C width.

Alan Bee

sforum1

Reaction score
The GC can’t be a primary shoe. It’s got to be something you have for certain occasions.

For day to day classic dress, I stick to St C classic last and EG. My EGs are on the 202 which is absolutely stunning in the narrow C width.

Alan Bee
is that what they are, C width? That explains it why they look so sleek for a 202 last.

Mr. Pink

Reaction score
I have GC Bodies on a slightly modified last. They're beautiful shoes but the look is not as extreme as shown in Alan's pictures. I wear them regularly and don't need any occasion. In Saint Crispin's oxfords, I only own wingtips (brogue and austerity) but IMO, the St. C. classic last is as elegant as the GC last, just different.

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have GC Bodies on a slightly modified last. They're beautiful shoes but the look is not as extreme as shown in Alan's pictures. I wear them regularly and don't need any occasion. In Saint Crispin's oxfords, I only own wingtips (brogue and austerity) but IMO, the St. C. classic last is as elegant as the GC last, just different.

I do own a pair of Bodies as well in Black (beautiful shoes) and yes, they aren't as sharp looking as these Nakagawa's even on my D width (I have narrow feet). But these Nakagawa's were made from scratch by an outwork artisan (chartered by GC I believe) and I think he took some artistic license above and beyond the standard AC last.

Like I said, this Nakagawa isnt going to your go-to classic sober business suit shoe. But it has its place in the line up.

Alan Bee

Raimar

Reaction score
Not too familiar with St. Crispin, but do they make canvas loafers such as the one pictured below? It is labeled st Crispin on the insole and size 9G

FD0317DC-44A5-4389-9ABF-7784C76464C0.jpeg

cliffordcaucus

Reaction score
How long does it take to have a personal last made by SC? I’m also curious how long it would take for a MTO pair of shoes to be made on your personal last after that point.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics